11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Smells Like Winter Video Collab, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2014, 12:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Jan 25 2014, 02:57 AM) *

That vid confirms that adding a bit more of distortion was a good idea. Tone became rounded, more fat and juicy. Like it smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 25 2014, 06:37 PM) *
I have the no backing file set to "0". Are you guys able to download the video straight from youtube?

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/winter-collab

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/winter-collab-nobacking-track

Again...You're so talented maaan wink.gif PErfect take smile.gif Also...very creative mic position biggrin.gif I think it won't be a problem to download from YouTube but as for the audio I would enjoy separated solo section tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 26 2014, 02:18 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 26 2014, 11:28 AM) *
Also...very creative mic position biggrin.gif

I had to use this mic position to make room for the ice skating polar bear! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jan 26 2014, 03:04 PM
GMC:er
So this collab is over I guess? Deadline 25th? I just found it today wanted to make something for it, should I?

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 26 2014, 03:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jan 26 2014, 03:04 PM) *
So this collab is over I guess? Deadline 25th? I just found it today wanted to make something for it, should I?

Run for it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 26 2014, 04:50 PM
Instructor
That's great idea. Sometimes we can make exceptions smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 26 2014, 05:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Looking foward to hear and see this collab:)
Great takes here biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2014, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Excellent take DG! Vince - go for it man! I understand we are extending the collab take deadline? smile.gif

Doug! So glad to have you in here as well man smile.gif great melodies and articulation control! Alisson - your take was very good as well man smile.gif Maybe adding a little bit of delay would've tied the phrases together a bit nicer wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2014, 08:35 PM
I"m doing a lesson series in video chat based on this collab so hopefully it will turn some folks on to it smile.gif Today is our last day for working on the backing for this collab so hopefully some late comers will pitch in with killer solos!! smile.gif

I made sure to mention in the chat the importance of leaving the empty space/time in a track so that it lines up properly in a daw.

Todd

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 27 2014, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Ok. Thanx Todd smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2014, 10:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 26 2014, 04:35 PM) *
I"m doing a lesson series in video chat based on this collab so hopefully it will turn some folks on to it smile.gif Today is our last day for working on the backing for this collab so hopefully some late comers will pitch in with killer solos!! smile.gif

I made sure to mention in the chat the importance of leaving the empty space/time in a track so that it lines up properly in a daw.

Todd

Excellent! Thanks Todd! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 27 2014, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Alright guys and gals! Officially, the take submission has been closed and we are starting gathering the materials for the final mix smile.gif

Big thanks to everyone who participated!

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jan 27 2014, 09:36 PM
That's good and fine, I'm gonna upload mine when I'm done anyway, I'm rearranging and making it it's own tune anyway. Not really using it as a backing track rather as a basic idea for a composition.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 27 2014, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Of course we would like to hear it smile.gif I hope You could reach upcoming collaboration. Keep your hands on pulse for info

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jan 27 2014, 08:36 PM) *
That's good and fine, I'm gonna upload mine when I'm done anyway, I'm rearranging and making it it's own tune anyway. Not really using it as a backing track rather as a basic idea for a composition.

Very good man! So glad to have ya back biggrin.gif Let's see the take and in the mean time... what have you been up to? smile.gif

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jan 28 2014, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 28 2014, 08:52 AM) *
Very good man! So glad to have ya back biggrin.gif Let's see the take and in the mean time... what have you been up to? smile.gif

Not much been busy with Chopin etudes and finished compositional work on a freelance job. Just working on music basically but much more focused. I needed a break from all the talking and get down to some uninterrupted practical work if you know what I mean smile.gif It's good to be back! How have you been Cosmin?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2014, 08:37 PM
Can't wait to hear how this one turns out! Gonna be awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2014, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jan 28 2014, 01:28 PM) *
Not much been busy with Chopin etudes and finished compositional work on a freelance job. Just working on music basically but much more focused. I needed a break from all the talking and get down to some uninterrupted practical work if you know what I mean smile.gif It's good to be back! How have you been Cosmin?

I totally agree on less talking and more playing smile.gif Less interruptions as well - unfortunately, we are living in a world in which you have to develop a skill based on dodging interruptions - I recommend an awesome book that teaches a lot of useful things: The 4 hour workweek by Tim Ferris.

Otherwise, I have just released my band's latest music video last week (you can check it out here, if you'd like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FijEtxp5P0I) and started working on the next album smile.gif Practicing more than before, which feels tremendously awesome and otherwise, I am healthy and fit so I can say it's all good!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jan 29 2014, 10:51 AM
I have to apologise for not submitting anything else to this collab. I found the backing very hard to work with (as beautiful as it is). I did do a mountain of different takes, but unfortunately, my hours of trying didn't get me anything I considered worthy...I know my playing is in a transitional period at the moment...I'm playing my Bass Guitars a lot and studying rhythm rather than lead on my Electric Guitars...that hasn't helped with the collab although the trying does seem to push me to a new plateau and into different pastures. Thanks to the GMC instructors for their constant support and efforts to help in this collab...Cosmin, Darius and Gab... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2014, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jan 29 2014, 06:51 AM) *
I have to apologise for not submitting anything else to this collab. I found the backing very hard to work with (as beautiful as it is). I did do a mountain of different takes, but unfortunately, my hours of trying didn't get me anything I considered worthy...I know my playing is in a transitional period at the moment...I'm playing my Bass Guitars a lot and studying rhythm rather than lead on my Electric Guitars...that hasn't helped with the collab although the trying does seem to push me to a new plateau and into different pastures. Thanks to the GMC instructors for their constant support and efforts to help in this collab...Cosmin, Darius and Gab... smile.gif

No problem mate! Keep on working on your improvisation abilities and be back to this backing in the future to see what happens. We will have a new collab soon! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 29 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
It's a shame but I'm so glad You decided to try smile.gif I hope You don't mind of I force You to make a take for the next collab ?smile.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:59 AM