Completed : Blues-funk Collab
David Wallimann
Aug 10 2008, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Welcome to this new collab!
The key of this one is B minor pentatonic.
Be creative and bluesy on this one!

If you have any problems, feel free to discuss and ask anything on this thread. I am setting the deadline for this on the 24th of August.

Tempo is 97 and there is no need to sign up.

Upload your take here!

Attached File  Funk_rock.mp3 ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 351

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by David Wallimann: Aug 10 2008, 08:05 PM

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kaznie_NL
Aug 10 2008, 08:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'll try if I find time, I'm in 6 collabs now... at the same time laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 11 2008, 03:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm in Dave!!

I am doing another collab working in this same key so it shouldn't be a problem.

When I listened to your backing track I got all kinds of ideas. wink.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 11 2008, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Awesome!
I'm looking forward to your lead.

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
superpanda
Aug 12 2008, 01:25 AM
GMC:er
Do i just post a mp3 of myself playing to the track? Sorry, I am brand new at this huh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 12 2008, 01:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (superpanda @ Aug 11 2008, 08:25 PM) *
Do i just post a mp3 of myself playing to the track? Sorry, I am brand new at this huh.gif

Hey man, welcome to your first collab.

You need to upload 2 mp3's. Record yourself playing over the backing track and render that out to a mp3. Then just mute the backing track channel and render just the guitar track. Post both and your done.

Make sure you label them wet and dry.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Aug 12 2008, 01:41 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 12 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Yeah, one mp3 with the backing track so that I can synch it up nicely when I mix, and one with only your lead.
:-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 13 2008, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Anyone else up to the challenge?

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Aug 13 2008, 05:19 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I am! I did a quick take, nice BT Walli!!

This post has been edited by Henry Dietzel: Aug 13 2008, 05:19 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 13 2008, 05:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm going to have something down on this before the 24th. Not going to do it before after the weekend though smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Aug 13 2008, 06:48 PM
try to make it

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 15 2008, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Excellent, great takes so far guys!

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 15 2008, 04:59 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Aug 15 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Excellent, great takes so far guys!

Hope you dont mind me doing keys instead of guitar, was a great funky track , loads of fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 18 2008, 05:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Siggum @ Aug 15 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Hope you dont mind me doing keys instead of guitar, was a great funky track , loads of fun biggrin.gif

Cool take man, I'll give you comments on a phrasing point of view, but not technique as I'm not a keyboard pro. :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 24 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'll be uploading my take in a few hours mate. Don't count me out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Aug 24 2008, 05:48 PM
I strained my wrist while cutting apples (lol) if it heals in time I will give it a try.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Aug 24 2008, 08:12 PM
VERY good takes! I hope to get close to this one day!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 24 2008, 09:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have to skip this, David. I'm sorry about that. Am going to a job interview tomorrow and after that going to my girlfriends house...with my guitar. So it's all packed now and stuff.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 25 2008, 02:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
We it's finally up David cool.gif Thanks for waiting smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Aug 27 2008, 05:33 PM
I don't have a guitar any longer. Couldn't contribute. Sorry sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:44 PM