2 Pages V  < 1 2  
U2, Pink Floyd, Others Like Em?, new songs
mattacuk
Jun 23 2007, 02:13 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 22 2007, 09:22 AM) *
people on this forum tend to be way too agreeable. one thing i like about Pavel, he lets you know what he thinks. And he may disagree with me here. Generally does. But honestly, both of these bands are fine, but HIGHLY overrated. I like Bono, one of the few rockers who has the good sense to stay on decent terms with everybody (regardless of political slant) to further his causes. But i never saw a lot of variety in the music of either band, pretty much one sound that never changed much, not really. I can compare U2 to another band that emerged at about the same time, REM. Great variety of different sounds from that band over the years. I will go with fresh songs over technical skill of the musicians any day of the week. If you have both, that is real good. Does not happen much.

Personally, i find compareing one group with another group really tedious! Is it really so bad some of us here think U2 are really great?

There, ive given my best shot at being not too agreeable wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jul 2 2007, 08:07 AM
GMC:er
Hey man,

My band plays One - U2, and it knocks them dead everytime. Especially the ladies biggrin.gif

It's really really simple to play. Basically the intro/verse is Am D F G
The chorus is C Am F C, and the bridge is C Am C Am C G G F F

Just play around with the chords if your looking for it to be 100%, but like I say it sounds fine with the chords strum half time on the intro/ first verse, then let 'er rip for the rest of the song

Also we play Livin' After Midnight, that's also super simple, If you need those chords let me know.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:09 PM