Amp Stand
JVM
May 4 2008, 12:37 AM
Learning Roadie
So, as some of you may know, I recently bought a mesa boogie f-50 head and 1x12 cab. For now, this is a great setup. But eventually I'm going to want to get a bigger cab. I don't think I would need or want a 4x12, so instead I'm looking at getting an avatar 2x12 cab. I'd also like to get a stand. I'd never even considered a stand until I saw a picture of the laney lionheart which has a nice stand for it, to angle it back for better sound projection and such. So my question is, do you guys know any stands that could work for a head and 2x12 cab combo?

I'm looking at something like this, which I think has enough strength to support it. The cab weights 65 pounds (I'm looking at a black/black dual vintage 30 one of these), but the head may weigh 25 pounds or over, I'm not sure. I have a pair of 25 pound weights I use, and though you don't grab the head the same way you grab the weights, it feels like a similar weight. Either way, I'll weigh it myself and make sure.

My main concern with a stand like that is not how much weight it would support (because you can get stands that support more weight) but whether or not it would support the head. These things are mostly built for combo amps it seems, and I'm not sure if my cab would take up most/all of the backing support which I would want the head to rest on. Hope I didn't ramble too much tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: May 4 2008, 12:39 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:49 AM