'try To Please' First 'proper' Band Recording.
Jollygreengiant1
Mar 27 2012, 09:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi! Just finished a recording with my band Our Imbalance and im really really excited about it! so i thought i would share it on here to see what people think!
We're a 5 peice metalcore band based in Liverpool UK and this is our first 'polished off' recording of one of our favourite tracks on our upcoming EP! our last demo got quite a good reception on here so i thought i would share this one too! hope you enjoy it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2012, 09:51 PM
Instructor
wouuu! love it mate! I put play without reading your post because I was uploading something and I though, what a cool band that this guys posted... and then I discovered that this is your band. The song, the style, the sound, everything is fantastic!
How have you recorded this track?

Congrats man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jollygreengiant1
Mar 27 2012, 11:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 27 2012, 10:51 PM) *
wouuu! love it mate! I put play without reading your post because I was uploading something and I though, what a cool band that this guys posted... and then I discovered that this is your band. The song, the style, the sound, everything is fantastic!
How have you recorded this track?

Congrats man! smile.gif

We used a line 6 audio interface and put it through pod farm for the main rhythm parts, used an axe FX II for some of the more melodic parts then hooked a midi kit up to EZdrummer and got our drummer to play it in, we then went to a friends home studio to record vocals properly and for mastering.

i almost forgot! heres our facebook! www.facebook.com/ourimbalance

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2012, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
Wow! Nicely done! Did you go in to a studio? If so which one? Link? If not, well done who is your engineer? Sounds really nice. If you did it yourself you guys should start charging people to produce their demo smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 28 2012, 11:42 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Congrats on your first release smile.gif . For a home/project studio the mix is good; there are some improvements that you could have made that would take it to the next level but for home/project release I've heard a lot, lot worse.

I assume that you've embedded ISRC, UPC and metadata when you mastered it. If not don't forget to before you go for digital (re-)distribution.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jollygreengiant1
Mar 28 2012, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 27 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Wow! Nicely done! Did you go in to a studio? If so which one? Link? If not, well done who is your engineer? Sounds really nice. If you did it yourself you guys should start charging people to produce their demo smile.gif

We did everything but vocals, we did those at a friends home studio and he did the final mastering and some finshing touches.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jollygreengiant1 @ Mar 27 2012, 07:16 PM) *
We used a line 6 audio interface and put it through pod farm for the main rhythm parts, used an axe FX II for some of the more melodic parts then hooked a midi kit up to EZdrummer and got our drummer to play it in, we then went to a friends home studio to record vocals properly and for mastering.

i almost forgot! heres our facebook! www.facebook.com/ourimbalance

Awesome! You got a really good sound guys! Congrats. I just liked the page! smile.gif
Best of lucks with the band!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 28 2012, 03:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Good going for a DIY home studio recording, I thought you went to a commercial studio.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 28 2012, 11:44 AM) *
Good going for a DIY home studio recording, I thought you went to a commercial studio.

I thought the same! Now I'm even more amazed.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Mar 28 2012, 08:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow. the quality is great! it is VERY good for a homerecorded EP. I dont really like the music itself but it's because i don't really like this whole Metalcore/Post-Hardcore thing, i find that style pretty borring but thats just my openion. Thumbs up for the recording quality and the mix though!

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Mar 28 2012, 10:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey man, this is great! I am listening it for the 4th time and I love it! biggrin.gif Great guitarwork and really sweet singing!
I am really fond of the clear singing here and those breakdown growls are really fitting to the song!

The breakdown is just plain evil, the rhythm guitar just CUTS through and I swear it's a pity the song isn't longer! biggrin.gif

It's just full of interesting things, be it the guitar melody over the chorus, the breakdown or the bridge melody... or the catchy-ness of the whole song! all in all, this is a high-quality piece man, you should be real damn proud of yourselves. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Mar 28 2012, 10:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:20 PM