4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Most Disliked Games Of All Time
Henkka
Jan 22 2008, 04:34 PM
GMC:er
I was thinking about buying Guitar Hero for months. But in the end that money was spent to guitar gear. wink.gif It's a lot of fun when you can get better scores than your friends... and if it makes anyone get intrested playing for real, then that's just great!
On the other hand, anyone who really thinks GH as an "musical instrument" should be beheaded...

I don't really hate any game (atleast I can't think of any right now) but it really bugs me when certain type of games are released for wrong platforms. FPS on a console, played with a gamepad? It's not fps, it's b***sh*t. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 22 2008, 06:26 PM
Oooh, I want to add one.

Shadowrun.

This game is impossible to play against PC gamers which they try to get you to do. You'll never be as accurate with dual thumbsticks as you are with KBM. Ever.

Any other FPS that pits console against PC.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Nick334
Jan 22 2008, 08:08 PM
WoW (waste of time)
Runescape (same)
Counter Strike Source (horrible gameplay)

That's about it really lol. Don't play many games.

I like Condition Zero Robin sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 23 2008, 03:00 AM
Well if you look at one game as a waste of time, then you're looking at them all as a waste of time. Most, if not all games, are just time-killers.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 23 2008, 03:05 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Jan 23 2008, 05:00 AM) *
Well if you look at one game as a waste of time, then you're looking at them all as a waste of time. Most, if not all games, are just time-killers.

Was going to say that laugh.gif
but, indeed!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 23 2008, 03:35 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 22 2008, 02:58 AM) *
If you're a old school computer KB/M FPS addict, the halo series is not that impressive. Halo 1 was somewhat of a breakthrough for bringing regenerative health to the mainstream. Halo 2 was revolutionary for being largely responsible for the proliferation of internet console gaming. No other game prior had a matchmaking/lobby system of that kind and it has set the bar for how finding games online for consoles should be. Halo 3 was an attempt to restore gameplay to being "balanced". It didn't really work out, BUT the saved film/screenshot picture capability is truly innovative. Also, having a map editor that you can manipulate the objects on the maps is pretty great.

Regardless on your opinion of the game, the technical achievements of the Halo series can't be overlooked, and like it or not, even if the gameplay was pretty run of the mill by your definition(although it is debatable they were the first big name to introduce the "golden tripod" of weapons, melee, and grenades where you could melee on the fly with any weapon and throw a grenade on the fly without switching to them) the impact of it's gameplay is felt in virtually every single modern shooter.

Also, the storyline of the single player is really where the game really shines. It's a space opera, for sure, but the "Ghost in the Shell" protagonist really helps you connect with the main character since you can never see his face. The themes at work in the game are truly epic and the story is as shallow or deep as you care to make it be. The story is MUCH deeper than it appears to be on the surface.

Vehicle combat. No other console shooter had a vehicle combat system as balanced and viable as H:CE. Now you see vehicle combat in just about every game, and usually not as well implemented as Halo's.

I think the Halo series gets a bad rap from PC FPS elitists and folks who think it is fashionable to disagree with the mainstream. Halo's impact is unquestionable. You might not like the game, but there's no denying that the game has molded the future of console FPS.

This is all said coming from someone who refuses to play H2/H3 online because the community has ruined the game. That, and the multiplayer balance of H1 and H2 is completely nonexistant and there is only ONE way you can play the game if you want to be competitive (pistol or BR). Love it or hate it, there's no denying it's importance to the console FPS genre.

And that nicely sums up why I don't like console FPS's. They haven't done anything that PC fps games hadn't done at least a few years before, and the controls are never as good. The impact of halo might be unquestionable, but just because it's influential doesn't even mean its good. I do think its at least okay, but not anything special. It may have revolutionized consoles, but meanwhile life in pc gaming went on pretty much untouched.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 23 2008, 12:22 PM
I can't recall any FPS shooters (PC or otherwise) that had on the fly grenades and melee before Halo, which adds a cool dynamic to the game.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jan 23 2008, 12:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Runescape, i played that when i was 12-13 years old and now I just can't believe why I played that game or what I found good about it huh.gif

Also I dislike WoW, not the game itself but one 'friend' of mine' quit playing guitar and hanging out with us just to play WoW, since then I hate it that people leave things for playing a computer game blink.gif So sad...

grtz

-Davidian

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 24 2008, 02:33 AM
QUOTE (Nick334 @ Jan 22 2008, 08:08 PM) *
I like Condition Zero Robin sad.gif

Haha well yeah, it's not that bad, but in my opinion if you like condition zero you might as well just play CS 1.6, because the game play and maps aren't that different. Condition Zero just got stupid new design on all the stuff tongue.gif

If you're talking about the single player stuff though, I like that too! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 24 2008, 02:37 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 22 2008, 03:42 AM) *
A girl in my music class says they should consider Guitar Hero a musical instrument dry.gif

sad.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 24 2008, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Jan 23 2008, 03:00 AM) *

I agree. But the problem with WoW(and probably other mmorpg's) is that you won't get anywhere unless you spend alot of time on it. Well, that was the old days, now everyone can log in and become filled with epix in no time.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jan 24 2008, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 24 2008, 08:55 PM
Not time killers, but rather "Experience Treadmills". subtle difference.

I used to play Dark Age of Camelot before WoW came out, and 50 was the highest level achievable, and that's just when the game started being "fun". I can't play those MMORPGs anymore. Huge waste of time IMO.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 24 2008, 11:08 PM
I used to play City of Heroes before I went to WoW, but the game stops being fun after only a short while.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 25 2008, 08:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 20 2008, 04:56 AM) *
So what are your guys most disliked games of all time?

Mine would be....

Call Of Duty
Call Of Duty 2
Call Of Duty 3
Medal Of Honor
Medal Of Honor
Medal Of Honor: Airborne
(Insert remaing Medal Of Honor Games)
Battlefield
Battlefield 2
(Any and all WWII Games)

Man you gotta be kidding!! We usually get along in tastes but you don't like all the games i LOVE! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif COD, MOH, Battlefield - all the amazing games i played for years! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2008, 07:49 PM
Instructor
Solitaire? I just don't get it laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 27 2008, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 27 2008, 12:49 PM) *
Solitaire? I just don't get it laugh.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 27 2008, 10:59 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 25 2008, 11:36 AM) *
Man you gotta be kidding!! We usually get along in tastes but you don't like all the games i LOVE! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif COD, MOH, Battlefield - all the amazing games i played for years! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just really hate WWII games laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 27 2008, 11:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 27 2008, 10:59 PM) *
I just really hate WWII games laugh.gif

And i totally love them! smile.gif Best material for games IMO smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 28 2008, 12:58 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 27 2008, 05:14 PM) *
And i totally love them! smile.gif Best material for games IMO smile.gif

Its okay pavel the rest of us love them too, uncreator is just a weirdo blink.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Thought I haven't bought a pc game in a long time, and I don't own consoles anymore sad.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 28 2008, 02:02 AM
I'm with the Uncreator. Really the only WW2 game that I've ever liked is Call of Duty 1 & 2. I wish that the guys who make Medal of Honor would just give it a rest tongue.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:35 AM