> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ayang's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2020, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi AyanG! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AyanG
Nov 27 2020, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
My answers:

- How many time have you been playing guitar? - i have been playing for a few years, but consider me as a beginner.
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians. - Guitarists: steve vai, andy timmons, nick johnston, joe satriani, guthrie govan, john mayer.
- What are your guitar goals? - no fixed goals. But learning theory, visualizing keyboard as joe satriani says, techniques, soloing.
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)? - i want to play music, i like how nick johnston makes a composition.
- How many time can you play guitar each day? once day for 1 hour
- Do you have playing live experience?- no
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar? - strong point- i like to practice everyday. weak - i lose track in absence of structured process
- What do you know about music theory? - formation of major and minor scale.
- Can you record videos of you playing? yes
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.
Major scales(Open : C-G-D-A) : https://youtu.be/6yqeXfpkJQs
Minor scales(Open: Amin- Emin - Bmin- F#min) : https://youtu.be/dP0ppQngyQg

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AyanG: Nov 27 2020, 06:39 PM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2020, 09:42 PM
Instructor
Hi AyanG! Thanks for the info. Your list of favorite guitarists is really cool. I can connect with all of those amazing guitarists, and Nick is one of my fav modern guitarists.

Two more questions, do you own an electric guitar? Can you play with pick?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Nov 27 2020, 09:49 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2020, 08:42 PM) *
Hi AyanG! Thanks for the info. Your list of favorite guitarists is really cool. I can connect with all of those amazing guitarists, and Nick is one of my fav modern guitarists.

Two more questions, do you own an electric guitar? Can you play with pick?

Yes I have an electric guitar. Yes I can play with pick.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2020, 02:05 AM
Instructor
Great! I think that we could start with this lesson so I can check your current electric guitar playing:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-1/

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Nov 28 2020, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2020, 01:05 AM) *
Great! I think that we could start with this lesson so I can check your current electric guitar playing:

What do you think?

This lesson sounds awesome to start with.
One question. Can I play some of the initial exercises on acoustic. Reason being firstly I need to buy a new amp, as I checked its giving some sound issue. Secondly I also want to have play the acoustic well as I really love the sound of acoustic.

This post has been edited by AyanG: Nov 28 2020, 03:50 AM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2020, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Yes! You can, but have you ever tried any amp plug in? Maybe you don't need a real amp.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Nov 29 2020, 05:59 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2020, 04:40 PM) *
Yes! You can, but have you ever tried any amp plug in? Maybe you don't need a real amp.

Can u help me with that, how to use and what needs to be downloaded for that.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2020, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Yes! Check this vid:

https://youtu.be/18Kh2LB7K_E

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Nov 29 2020, 08:07 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 29 2020, 12:49 PM) *
Yes! Check this vid:

https://youtu.be/18Kh2LB7K_E

Wow this is cool. It will be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Btw, can u see this thing : https://focusrite.com/en/usb-audio-interfac...t/scarlett-solo

I have it in my home. Can it be used for the purpose of recording using an amp plugin. I don't know it's functionality much as I was presented it recently

This post has been edited by AyanG: Nov 30 2020, 04:41 AM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2020, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Nov 29 2020, 04:07 PM) *
Wow this is cool. It will be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Btw, can u see this thing : https://focusrite.com/en/usb-audio-interfac...t/scarlett-solo

I have it in my home. Can it be used for the purpose of recording using an amp plugin. I don't know it's functionality much as I was presented it recently

yes!! It's an excellent device! It will make it easier to connect your guitar (you don't need the adapter), and you neither need asio4all since this soundcard has its own much better asio drivers.

The first thing that you need to do it to install this device and make it work in your computer.

Once you have it working, you can start trying amp sims. There are many free trials and Amplitube offers a free version.

This one also seems cool and offers a free amp: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/amped-roots

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Dec 1 2020, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 30 2020, 01:38 PM) *
yes!! It's an excellent device! It will make it easier to connect your guitar (you don't need the adapter), and you neither need asio4all since this soundcard has its own much better asio drivers.

The first thing that you need to do it to install this device and make it work in your computer.

Once you have it working, you can start trying amp sims. There are many free trials and Amplitube offers a free version.

This one also seems cool and offers a free amp: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/amped-roots

I have installed the device. Do I need a DAW and can u suggest which one to use?? There is a software Ableton Live 10 Lite which has come as a part of the device for free download.

This post has been edited by AyanG: Dec 1 2020, 03:55 PM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2020, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Ableton is ok! It's a bit oriented to electronic music. You can go for Reaper that is amazing, and it's free!

https://www.reaper.fm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Dec 7 2020, 06:35 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 1 2020, 03:18 PM) *
Ableton is ok! It's a bit oriented to electronic music. You can go for Reaper that is amazing, and it's free!

https://www.reaper.fm/

Hi Gab....just wanted to know, can we use the computer's own speaker as the audio output while using the Focusrite? i.e. Focusrite will be used to get the input from the guitar but i will hear the sound from my computer's speaker. Is that possible?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2020, 02:57 AM
Instructor
I don't think that this is possible or at least the best option because you need to use your sound card drivers in order to make Reaper work fine with your recording and playback. Even if this is possible, it's not the best option.

Why do you want to do it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Dec 8 2020, 05:31 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 8 2020, 01:57 AM) *
I don't think that this is possible or at least the best option because you need to use your sound card drivers in order to make Reaper work fine with your recording and playback. Even if this is possible, it's not the best option.

Why do you want to do it?

Oh ok. My earphones were giving some buzz when connected with the Focusrite output and since, the laptop had its own speakers built in, I thought if it was possible to be used for hearing while playing or recording.

Thanks for the info.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2020, 03:03 PM
Instructor
In other words, this can be possible, but the process is not simple. Maybe you need some extra software or plug in like Voice meter, and some complex settings. If you don't think that you can fix this with other headphones or any external speaker, you can dedicate some time to research this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=using+two+a...me&ie=UTF-8

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Dec 11 2020, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 28 2020, 01:05 AM) *

What do you think?

Gab, is it okay if I play and record the lesson at a lower tempo than the actual? Because at certain parts its getting a bit tough to achieve the speed of the original lesson for me now.
I have nearly achieved a speed of 80% of the actual tempo, but the last 20% is where I am not able to go up even after trying for hours and couple of days in the last part of the lesson.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2020, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Yes! But you can't share it at REC program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Dec 11 2020, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 11 2020, 05:38 PM) *
Yes! But you can't share it at REC program.

What is Rec program? Currently I am not aware of that. I would share the link here.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 PM