New Tosin Abasi 8 String Ibanez
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2013, 04:09 PM
GMC:er
From the INSANELY good Tosin Abasi, (from Animals as Leaders), Ibanez is making him a signature 8 string. The styling is pure Tosin but IMHO, is a bit questionable. But to each his own. Would you guys want one of these?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page...p;series_id=176

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 26 2013, 08:20 PM
First time I saw it I was disgusted, after a month I still didn't like it but it is growing on me. What matters is Tosin loves it! biggrin.gif Things is despite not liking the look, I'm sure it's probably the best 8 string on the market. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2013, 09:10 PM
I am right there with ya! At first glance I was like "Yuck!!!!!" slowly it's starting to seem more stylish and less fiendishly ugly. And yeah, it's probably one of the best 8 strings money can buy.

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 26 2013, 02:20 PM) *
First time I saw it I was disgusted, after a month I still didn't like it but it is growing on me. What matters is Tosin loves it! biggrin.gif Things is despite not liking the look, I'm sure it's probably the best 8 string on the market. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 27 2013, 01:58 AM
I think that thing is screaming with style. It seems different than current trends, maybe that's why I like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 27 2013, 06:50 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Tosin goes in depth about the design and demos the guitar here. The gold hardware and vintage pickguard look a bit funky to me. Unique look and sound for sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2013, 05:06 AM

Great vid thanks for sharing! I think hes SPOT ON with idea that pickups don't need to be crazy hot in order to do HIGH GAIN work. I used to LOVE my EMG pickups, but lately I"ve SOLD ALL MY EMG guitars. I've found that I actually prefer ALNICO magnet pickups which are usually a bit less "Gainy" than ceramic pickups. The voicing of the lower output pickups, especially Alnico, allow for more expressive playing IMHO as they response well to dynamics (how hard or soft you are hitting the strings). Tosin is really one of very few players I've heard with a truly unique musical voice in his playing. Not to say, every player doens't have something unique, they do, but the way he combines such vastly disparate styles continues to impress me.

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 27 2013, 12:50 PM) *
Tosin goes in depth about the design and demos the guitar here. The gold hardware and vintage pickguard look a bit funky to me. Unique look and sound for sure!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 28 2013, 07:05 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 28 2013, 04:06 AM) *
Great vid thanks for sharing! I think hes SPOT ON with idea that pickups don't need to be crazy hot in order to do HIGH GAIN work. I used to LOVE my EMG pickups, but lately I"ve SOLD ALL MY EMG guitars. I've found that I actually prefer ALNICO magnet pickups which are usually a bit less "Gainy" than ceramic pickups. The voicing of the lower output pickups, especially Alnico, allow for more expressive playing IMHO as they response well to dynamics (how hard or soft you are hitting the strings). Tosin is really one of very few players I've heard with a truly unique musical voice in his playing. Not to say, every player doens't have something unique, they do, but the way he combines such vastly disparate styles continues to impress me.

Todd

Awesome, I really got a kick out of this video! Made me appreciate his sig. guitar much more. He is a player that needs a very versatile guitar for all those styles he performs. I did find it interesting how he talks about the pick up voicing with lower output and having the woods complement the tone. His choice of woods for the neck for his bass style was really interesting too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fluff191
Jan 29 2013, 04:34 AM
That guitar was amazing when I got to check it out at NAMM. The figured top shows through the finish just a little bit. Love it!

--------------------
Schecter Guitars | DV Mark Amps | Kemper Profiling Amp | Logic Pro 9

YouTube Channel: Riffs, Beards & Gear

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2013, 07:08 AM
I'd love to see OLA and KEITH grab a pair of these and go full on CHUG smile.gif

QUOTE (fluff191 @ Jan 28 2013, 10:34 PM) *
That guitar was amazing when I got to check it out at NAMM. The figured top shows through the finish just a little bit. Love it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2013, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Honestly speaking, I think it looks very beautiful smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:53 PM