One Of My Pet Hates
Phil66
Jan 15 2018, 09:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Got to be one of the worst things about owning a car, INSURANCE RENEWAL TIME GRRRRRRRRRRR mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I hate it, calling up the company you are with (because you can't do it via email) to tell them you don't want to renew, then they always say, "We can beat that quote" to which I say, "Why didn't you do that in the first place?" and then I tell them that I've already taken out the new policy, this is after being on hold for 20 minutes GRRRRRR

Just needed to vent a bit.

Still, it's better than when I started driving and you ended up walking up and down the various high streets looking for brokers, at least we have Confused.com and Comparethemarket nowadays.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 16 2018, 04:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 15 2018, 09:06 PM) *
Got to be one of the worst things about owning a car, INSURANCE RENEWAL TIME GRRRRRRRRRRR mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I hate it, calling up the company you are with (because you can't do it via email) to tell them you don't want to renew, then they always say, "We can beat that quote" to which I say, "Why didn't you do that in the first place?" and then I tell them that I've already taken out the new policy, this is after being on hold for 20 minutes GRRRRRR

Just needed to vent a bit.

Still, it's better than when I started driving and you ended up walking up and down the various high streets looking for brokers, at least we have Confused.com and Comparethemarket nowadays.

I just got my liability canceled and I think I have been black balled as no one in the state will insure my company , even though I have no claims, and the only policy I have found so far is twice what I used to pay.
I feel your pain

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 16 2018, 01:47 PM
GMC:er
I hear ya Phil!!! I used to have the same thing with the Bikes too. A friend recommended the same company he was using and they were cheaper and much better over all and I've been with them ever since.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 16 2018, 04:16 PM
My insurance was renewed today Phil by a new insurance company as last month a received a email from my previous insurer saying that they wont be able to insure me anymore. Also if I dont have any claims upto the 16th January I will have 4 years no claims bonus.

Weird how they are unable to offer me insurance after being with them a year incident free.I have being driving for 10 year and have no claims or points.. First thats ever happened to me

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2018, 08:21 PM
Why would your company have been black balled? The only thing that insurance companies usually get twitch about is bad credit. If the credit reference is poor, they overcharge like crazy as they assume you are only going to make half your payments. It's just wrong what they do to folks. After a car wreck a while back I had bad credit as I was unable to work for a while. Then getting insurance again cost nearly double. Took years to rebuild credit. now car insurance is half what it was.

Get somebody for God's sake. If anything happens and you have no insurance, your entire life could get sideways quick.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 15 2018, 11:06 PM) *
I just got my liability canceled and I think I have been black balled as no one in the state will insure my company , even though I have no claims, and the only policy I have found so far is twice what I used to pay.
I feel your pain

lame! Like I was telling crsn, the only reason I've seen that they pull this crap without claims is poor credit typically. If you have good credit and no claims, then there is no reason at all for them to dump you so if that's the case I have no idea.

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jan 16 2018, 11:16 AM) *
My insurance was renewed today Phil by a new insurance company as last month a received a email from my previous insurer saying that they wont be able to insure me anymore. Also if I dont have any claims upto the 16th January I will have 4 years no claims bonus.

Weird how they are unable to offer me insurance after being with them a year incident free.I have being driving for 10 year and have no claims or points.. First thats ever happened to me

P.S. I use GEICO which stands for GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE INSURANCE COMPANY as they were formed to insure govt employees and branched out from there. I was a govt employee for 8 years and they did have the cheapest premiums by farr of anyone.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 17 2018, 04:05 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 16 2018, 08:21 PM) *
Why would your company have been black balled? The only thing that insurance companies usually get twitch about is bad credit. If the credit reference is poor, they overcharge like crazy as they assume you are only going to make half your payments. It's just wrong what they do to folks. After a car wreck a while back I had bad credit as I was unable to work for a while. Then getting insurance again cost nearly double. Took years to rebuild credit. now car insurance is half what it was.

Get somebody for God's sake. If anything happens and you have no insurance, your entire life could get sideways quick.

lame! Like I was telling crsn, the only reason I've seen that they pull this crap without claims is poor credit typically. If you have good credit and no claims, then there is no reason at all for them to dump you so if that's the case I have no idea.

P.S. I use GEICO which stands for GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE INSURANCE COMPANY as they were formed to insure govt employees and branched out from there. I was a govt employee for 8 years and they did have the cheapest premiums by farr of anyone.

I get yearly liability audits , as every company does , and they look for everyway to make you pay more and they also Lobby to have laws changed (in their favor )for new ways to charge . If I pay subcontractors , even if those subcontractors have their own liability , what I pay them still goes towards my companies gross and at the end of the year they charge me more and raise my rates for next year , now if my business doesn't grow , no worries , but I am doing everything to grow my business , including looking for legal ways to not pay as much, now during the audits if they see something they don't like, they cancel your coverage and if they inform other companies

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2018, 04:44 AM
Wow. That sounds sorta awful sad.gif I'm sorry to hear it. I hope it works out and you find a good vendor. That isn't shady.

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 16 2018, 11:05 PM) *
I get yearly liability audits , as every company does , and they look for everyway to make you pay more and they also Lobby to have laws changed (in their favor )for new ways to charge . If I pay subcontractors , even if those subcontractors have their own liability , what I pay them still goes towards my companies gross and at the end of the year they charge me more and raise my rates for next year , now if my business doesn't grow , no worries , but I am doing everything to grow my business , including looking for legal ways to not pay as much, now during the audits if they see something they don't like, they cancel your coverage and if they inform other companies

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:42 AM