3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Which Amp With Podxt Podx3
Nody
Oct 23 2007, 01:07 AM
GMC:er
I look forward to that.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 23 2007, 01:28 AM
QUOTE (Nody @ Oct 17 2007, 04:56 AM) *
Ive been looking at these Atomic amps along with the podxt, and the reviews its getting sounds awesome. The only thing is i live in the uk and they seem like the atomic amp is really hard to get hold off. Has anybody actually gone one?

http://www.atomicamps.com/international.html
I think thats the UK number

QUOTE (Francis Viviers @ Oct 17 2007, 07:28 PM) *
Okay first things first.

The effects loop. If you use your amps distortion and you add for example your own delay pedal, you would want your delay to be added onto the distorted sound and not the clean sound. So basicly its added "effects" after any amplifier effects has been applied.

In the case of the POD / PODXT etc. You would use it to bypass your amplifiers "Bass/Mid/Trebble" EQ. Even tho their set to 12' they still affect your sound.

The atomic amplifiers does no include the Bass/Mid/Treble or any form of a PRE amp. Its only an all tube power amplifier and this has a volume knob for that purpose.

The PODXT Live and PODx3 has amps like a Mesa boogie triple and dual rectifier, bomber and other super high gain amp sounds. Bullet uses a Peavy 6505 so these models should get you pretty close.

The PODXT has this whammy effect : Digitech Whammy Pitch Effect

And if you do get a POD. Rather try and go for the new Pod X3 it has more amps and effects.

Thanks, i get it now. I really want a POD X3 live, an atomic amp and an ibanez presteige right now, but i have enough cash for a POD XT live or a POD X3 which are the same price.

What would you guys reccomend for gigs and overall convenience of playing and recording at home (POD XTlive or a POD X3)?

I really want that whammy effect but i dont think the POD x3 has it since you require to use a pedal manually.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 23 2007, 01:52 AM
Lets go fishing!
from what i can tell, the XT and X3 are both awsome devices, its just the newer X3 has more features - but that dosent make the XT any less cool ! smile.gif Hell i would love a Pod XT then i could be as cool as Andrew! (almost wink.gif )

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 23 2007, 01:55 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 22 2007, 08:52 PM) *
from what i can tell, the XT and X3 are both awsome devices, its just the newer X3 has more features - but that dosent make the XT any less cool ! smile.gif Hell i would love a Pod XT then i could be as cool as Andrew! (almost wink.gif )

Almost wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 01:57 AM
Learning Roadie
you can get Live versions of both the X3 and the XT making them both just as good for shows and practicing in a band. the X3 Live is more expensive but with more/updated features

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 23 2007, 01:59 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 23 2007, 01:55 AM) *
Almost wink.gif

I would love to here the Mesa/Boogie Triple rectifier model on the POD, i bet it kicks rear! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 03:16 AM
Learning Roadie
I would love to here the Mesa/Boogie Triple rectifier model on the POD, i bet it kicks rear!

i have it on my XT... its the main distortion model i use tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 23 2007, 03:40 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Oct 23 2007, 03:16 AM) *
i have it on my XT... its the main distortion model i use tongue.gif

I take it you like it then !! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 03:48 AM
Learning Roadie
oh yea, infact a few of the local bands who have seen us play more than once usually ask to use my effects when their playing with us. which is a fairly big compliment considering some of the setups they have.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 23 2007, 03:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
That is awsome dude! biggrin.gif I would kill for a real Triple Rectifier !!!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Oct 23 2007, 03:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 03:59 AM
Learning Roadie
me too but i think the £2000 just for the head is a little pricey for me tongue.gif

just wondering but since there seems to be alot of questions regarding the POD series, does anyone think a simple guide would be useful?
the manual covers most of the things possible but for those who dont have the manual (or are too lazy to read it) i think it could be useful.

if anyone agrees gimme a shout and ill get a start on one then update it for the POD X3 aswell once it arrives.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 23 2007, 04:25 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Oct 22 2007, 10:59 PM) *
me too but i think the £2000 just for the head is a little pricey for me tongue.gif

just wondering but since there seems to be alot of questions regarding the POD series, does anyone think a simple guide would be useful?
the manual covers most of the things possible but for those who dont have the manual (or are too lazy to read it) i think it could be useful.

if anyone agrees gimme a shout and ill get a start on one then update it for the POD X3 aswell once it arrives.

I think that would be extremely useful - maybe you could write it as an extended in-depth review?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 23 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 16 2007, 12:03 AM) *
+1 - The pods strength is its amp modeling. If you have a tube amp you wouldn't even want to use that. Take that away and you have a reasonable but expensive multi-effects unit.

If you want to use the pod as it was intended, you need a clean amp like a PA or Keyboard amp. You could also probably use a very clean guitar amp but that wouldn't work quite so well. Also, I wouldn't put a pod in the effects loop, it is designed to be used in front of the amp.

Couldn't you also use it through your computer? Along with any amp modeling gear?

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 04:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Couldn't you also use it through your computer? Along with any amp modeling gear?

i use my XT through a proffessional sound card i have which gives me jack inputs on my computer. but yes you can, there is an addon you can buy from line6 that gives you this kind of option but it does cost a pretty penny.

plugging your POD via USB is also good but the X3 will have a much better USB capability due to using the USB 2.0 technology whereas the XT uses an older version (cant remember which one from the top of my head)

I think that would be extremely useful - maybe you could write it as an extended in-depth review?

ok, ill get onto that soon, ill even try to include pictures tongue.gif

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Oct 23 2007, 04:35 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 23 2007, 04:36 AM
Ok, thanks i didn't know any of this stuff. I'll have to look into effects gear more. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Oct 23 2007, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 16 2007, 05:03 AM) *
If you want to use the pod as it was intended, you need a clean amp like a PA or Keyboard amp. You could also probably use a very clean guitar amp but that wouldn't work quite so well. Also, I wouldn't put a pod in the effects loop, it is designed to be used in front of the amp.

I'm not sure I get the concept ... I'm reading a commersial about the PodXT LIVE and it says: PODXT Live can be used as the ultimate multi-effects pedal in front of any guitar amp, or as a complete direct PA solution, or as the world-standard guitar recording workhorse in the studio.
So can it actually be used as a multi-effect pedal in front of any amp or not? blink.gif
And if "yes", dose that then mean that it could replace say a compact pedal like the Boss MT-2 ?? Little confused here. wacko.gif
Say you turn off the amp-modelling in the PodXT LIVE and just use the rest of the "bells and whistlels" ?

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
yes you can turn off the amp modelling and use the rest of the stuff.

and the POD XT Live can be used infront of any amp, it has the following settings for plugging into different amps...

Studio Direct (used for plugging into a PC, PA or straight into a studio for recording)
Combo Front (used for plugging into the main input of an amp, although this may need a little tweaking)
Combo Poweramp (used when plugging into the effects return of an amp)
Stack Front (used when plugging into the front of a stack or 2 combo amps)
Stack Poweramp (used when plugging into effects return of a stack or 2 combo amps)

hope this helps.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Oct 23 2007, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Oct 23 2007, 06:53 PM) *
yes you can turn off the amp modelling and use the rest of the stuff.

and the POD XT Live can be used infront of any amp, it has the following settings for plugging into different amps...

Thanks m8 biggrin.gif yes that helped a lot. Man this is awesome, are there any drawbacks at all? If not then i'm on my way to the "candy shop" tongue.gif

--------------------

Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Oct 23 2007, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie
the only drawback is that putting it in the main input of the amp is risky as the sound gets changed by your amp EQ... sometimes this sounds good though and the only way to get a good sound is trial and error.

Ive had my XT for almost a year now and i havn't looked back. its awesome for versatility and it has the ability for you to pogram great tones and effects. but if your looking for that perfect tone or the amazing warm sound of a clean valve amp i'd look somewhere else.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Oct 23 2007, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Oct 23 2007, 07:14 PM) *
the only drawback is that putting it in the main input of the amp is risky as the sound gets changed by your amp EQ...

But don't you get that problem too if you connect say a pedal like the Boss MT-2 in a normal setup?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:29 AM