Not A Song, But Starting Point, my first recorded idea.
Guitarman700
Feb 11 2008, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
This is a power tab file for an idea that came to me today. its not very good, but then again neither is my playing. dry.gif
ive never written anything before and i wanted something to JUST MAYBE Justify the 2 YEARS ive sunk into guitar. i dont think i got that but i got a starting point for something that may one day be my first song biggrin.gif Needless to say im pretty proud of this. so go ahead and shoot me down tongue.gif tell me what you think and where i should go with this from here!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metal_riff_1.ptb ( 2.37K ) Number of downloads: 66

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
SLASH91
Feb 12 2008, 03:20 AM
Ok, nice. I like your idea.

Here's some suggestions smile.gif : Try to make the riff a little less generic. It's good as is, but maybe try to put some cool fingerings and maybe some odd beats, instead of just downstroking eighth notes.

As for the solo, no offense, but it is basically just playing the pentonic scale vertically. Nothing wrong with the pentonic scale...just try to make it sound less like you're just playing a scale exercise, and more like a solo. I do like the trill at the end though wink.gif

I use Marty Friedman as an inspiration. He uses incredible scales and many weird fingerings and patterns to make an absolute masterpiece.

The same goes for the outro; it's basically just a scale exercise.

Also, the notation values are screwed up. Don't know if that bothers you, but it always does me, when I write something on powertab. I'm probably just excessive compulsive. laugh.gif

So there's some of my suggestions. I hope I wasn't to harsh, but I think not. wink.gif I'm really liking the idea, post it again after you fix it up some. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 12 2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks alot for your criticism! it makes me want to keep practicing. Also, what do you mean by notation values?(im letting my ignorance show i just know it.)
Edit: Ill post more tomorrow, gonna rework the solo and some of the rhythm.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 12 2008, 03:31 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 12 2008, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 11 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Thanks alot for your criticism! it makes me want to keep practicing. Also, what do you mean by notation values?(im letting my ignorance show i just know it.)
Edit: Ill post more tomorrow, gonna rework the solo and some of the rhythm.

What I mean by that is that there aren't any music bars inbetween the proper amount of notes which make up the time signature that it's in. I really suck at explaining stuff like this, so here is one of the theory lessons.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:03 PM