Game Of Thrones - Metal Style!
SixStringSamurai
Nov 7 2013, 07:20 PM
GMC:er

Hey guys, please check out this vid and let me know what you think! Sorry for all the silly effects, it's my first time editing video with Final Cut Pro X on my new recording computer, so I went a little silly, heh.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
bleez
Nov 7 2013, 07:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Nov 7 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Hey guys, please check out this vid and let me know what you think! Sorry for all the silly effects, it's my first time editing video with Final Cut Pro X on my new recording computer, so I went a little silly, heh.

damn dude ohmy.gif that was most epic!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Nov 7 2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate your kind comments! smile.gif

I used our very own GMC-er Von Hotch's custom picks too.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2013, 02:23 AM
Well written and well played!! I am still not in love with FCP X though I do appreciate all the real time abilities smile.gif How are you liking it? BTW, did you ever hear the Game Of Thrones Collab?

https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/game-o...hrones-collab-3&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/game-o...hrones-collab-3&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/game-o...hrones-collab-3">
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/game-o...hrones-collab-3

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Nov 7 2013, 01:20 PM) *

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Nov 8 2013, 08:23 AM
I have now! Cool stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 8 2013, 09:51 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - nice playing and orchestration! I think that the only thing that you could polish a little - but it may very well be just a matter of taste - would be your articulation. It seems like you delay the bends just a bit too much when executing them tongue.gif But then again, it can be just me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 8 2013, 01:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool playing!

Watch out, looks like you had a flood in your apartment at 2:00 - hope your guitars are well? smile.gif

I like the power and your attitude when playing. As Cosmin mentioned, watch out for articulations (bends and vibrato) sometimes they sound a bit rushed. Overall - very cool playing and arrangement.

That purple guitar looks beautiful, which one is it?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Nov 8 2013, 05:10 PM
That's EPIC!! biggrin.gif I'd love to see some more smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Nov 8 2013, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 8 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Very cool playing!

Watch out, looks like you had a flood in your apartment at 2:00 - hope your guitars are well? smile.gif

I like the power and your attitude when playing. As Cosmin mentioned, watch out for articulations (bends and vibrato) sometimes they sound a bit rushed. Overall - very cool playing and arrangement.

That purple guitar looks beautiful, which one is it?

Heh, thanks for the feedback Cosmin and Bogdan - that's why I'm here! smile.gif I think you guys are right - attitude I've always had in spades, from watching guys like Slash, Zakk etc... but my "shreddier" playing has never been as polished. I guess I always feel a bit more like a dirty blues rock guy who learnt a couple of fast licks, hahah.

The purple guitar is a new E-II Standard (previously ESP Standard Series) Eclipse, the EC-II QM model. I'm doing a bit of a write-up on the new E-II branding for the local distributor, because it seems that a lot of people are confused by the rebranding, and thus the market is a little slow on them, sadly. It's just to prove that they are the same old kick ass ESPs with a new name!

Hahah, did you like the raining effect thing??? I thought it was awesome! It was my first time making a vid in FCP X as I mentioned, so I tried every weird effect that I could.

Todd - about FCP X, to be honest I'm still very green when it comes to making videos, so I can't really compare. The only other ones I've used were Sony Vegas (recommended by GMCers - was it Cosmin?) and CyberLink Power Director which I found to be very clunky and slow.

I'm loving how easy it is to edit videos on my new Mac though! I guess that's why 16GB of RAM and a quad core processor are useful!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2013, 05:55 AM
16 GB of RAM and QUAD CORE is a nice BEAAASTY!!!! That's enough to do pretty much anything you cant think of smile.gif Enjoy!!!!

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Nov 8 2013, 02:18 PM) *
Heh, thanks for the feedback Cosmin and Bogdan - that's why I'm here! smile.gif I think you guys are right - attitude I've always had in spades, from watching guys like Slash, Zakk etc... but my "shreddier" playing has never been as polished. I guess I always feel a bit more like a dirty blues rock guy who learnt a couple of fast licks, hahah.

The purple guitar is a new E-II Standard (previously ESP Standard Series) Eclipse, the EC-II QM model. I'm doing a bit of a write-up on the new E-II branding for the local distributor, because it seems that a lot of people are confused by the rebranding, and thus the market is a little slow on them, sadly. It's just to prove that they are the same old kick ass ESPs with a new name!

Hahah, did you like the raining effect thing??? I thought it was awesome! It was my first time making a vid in FCP X as I mentioned, so I tried every weird effect that I could.

Todd - about FCP X, to be honest I'm still very green when it comes to making videos, so I can't really compare. The only other ones I've used were Sony Vegas (recommended by GMCers - was it Cosmin?) and CyberLink Power Director which I found to be very clunky and slow.

I'm loving how easy it is to edit videos on my new Mac though! I guess that's why 16GB of RAM and a quad core processor are useful!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 10 2013, 06:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Nov 7 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Very cool video and playing! Love the Game of Thrones theme.

Have you by chance reviewed the ESP M-1000 maple neck? I'm strongly cosidering getting that guitar but I don't have a local store carrying one to test out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Nov 11 2013, 07:09 PM
Sadly I have not - though the first guitar in that video is one of the new LTD Elite series which could bear checking out. I reckon the quality was pretty much equal to a standard ESP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2013, 12:57 PM
Instructor
I have a question here smile.gif It might seem silly, but, are ESP only 'metal' oriented guitars? I've never seen a player outside the metal zone using them..

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Nov 12 2013, 06:25 PM
Love the picked up point near the middle, you rock! Effects where over done, but oh well it still sounded awesome and look like you had fun doing it.

@Cosmin - I play the ESP M-II with EMG-JH (Active Pups with passive qualities) - James Hetfield type setup, which is great for American Heavy Metal but can do a range of others, including cleans, rock, blues and getting that emotion feeling to them when slowing it down. Standard EMG Pups I found to be extremely clean distortion and sharp quick attack, but little dynamic or emotional level of response to do outside of the metal genre so that's why most probably stick to the metal zone (it's what it was originally designed for). However, they are starting to branch out a bit. It all depends if you want to focus.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 13 2013, 01:17 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Nov 11 2013, 06:09 PM) *
Sadly I have not - though the first guitar in that video is one of the new LTD Elite series which could bear checking out. I reckon the quality was pretty much equal to a standard ESP.

I just looked the Elite up and it is very similar in specs to the M-1000. I will have to check more into that model for sure.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 12 2013, 11:57 AM) *
I have a question here smile.gif It might seem silly, but, are ESP only 'metal' oriented guitars? I've never seen a player outside the metal zone using them..

Here is a list of their signature models… 99% Metal and Metalcore players. The exception being Ron Wood has a signature ESP telecaster. smile.gif

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Nov 13 2013, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Nov 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Love the picked up point near the middle, you rock! Effects where over done, but oh well it still sounded awesome and look like you had fun doing it.

@Cosmin - I play the ESP M-II with EMG-JH (Active Pups with passive qualities) - James Hetfield type setup, which is great for American Heavy Metal but can do a range of others, including cleans, rock, blues and getting that emotion feeling to them when slowing it down. Standard EMG Pups I found to be extremely clean distortion and sharp quick attack, but little dynamic or emotional level of response to do outside of the metal genre so that's why most probably stick to the metal zone (it's what it was originally designed for). However, they are starting to branch out a bit. It all depends if you want to focus.

Heyy, another Kiwi on here! Nice! Thanks for your kind words smile.gif Hahaha yeah the effects were totally overblown biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2013, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Thank for the answers guys!

I found someone who is NOT a metal player and uses ESP - a signature model ESP that is:

The Bret Garsed ESP Horizon model

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM