Anyone try to get that "Tool" tone on the guitar
bricktop
Feb 5 2007, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
I was just listening to tool focusing on the guitar, and man that dude has some heavy tone, it would be fun to mess around with it...

john

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 6 2007, 08:56 AM
GMC Founder
No I haven't but I love their album "Aenima". smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 6 2007, 10:47 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If you're looking for what equipment he uses it's listed on wikipedia, just look up Adam Jones.

Ad if you can't afford Mesa Boogie and Diezel amps... wink.gif ...a cheap way to get the low-end sound is the H&K warp factor

A cabinet which you can open up in the back (hi/mid/low hatches) would also help by openling the bottom.
What more... hmmm... humbuckers. And amps like ENGL, Diezel and Mesa will get you closer in sound than a Marshall if you're not going to use any effects i.e.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:10 PM