17 Children Shot Dead In Another School Massacre :(
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2018, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
Sadly, yet again, we have had yet another massacre resulting in 17th children being killed and another 15 wounded. The shooter was 19. He bought an ar 15 semi auto rifle, legally, and walked in to the high school he was expelled from and killed 17 kids. Awful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 17 2018, 08:59 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I think we all know this and get our news elsewhere so we don't really need to post about it here in a forum for guitar players as it will most probably end up being another political argument thread which I thought we were going to abandon here. Thanks.
Maybe you meant to post this on your Facebook page?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 17 2018, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 17 2018, 10:11 PM
Experienced Rock Star
We've all had plenty of access to all the news and analysis for this. I appreciate you wanting to share it but I think we all know by now, based on past experience, that GMC is not an appropriate place for a post like this.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2018, 10:41 PM
Just sharing it. Not making political statements. Mostly for GMCers in europe who don't get our news feed. Just a simple share of yet another one of these awful incidents. Don't read to much into it. I have not seen your name recently in the forum, glad to see you back smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 17 2018, 03:59 PM) *
I think we all know this and get our news elsewhere so we don't really need to post about it here in a forum for guitar players as it will most probably end up being another political argument thread which I thought we were going to abandon here. Thanks.
Maybe you meant to post this on your Facebook page?

Just sharing a news clip.I'm curious to know if this kind of news makes it way to europe actually. Anyone on in Europe been seeing this on the news where you live? or on your social media? Please do refrain from making any political type responses if at alll possible smile.gif That usually goes bad.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 17 2018, 05:11 PM) *
We've all had plenty of access to all the news and analysis for this. I appreciate you wanting to share it but I think we all know by now, based on past experience, that GMC is not an appropriate place for a post like this.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 17 2018, 10:41 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 18 2018, 10:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It was major news here in the UK Todd.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 18 2018, 04:29 PM
In my experience, Europe gets our news as quickly as we do and stuff that happens in the middle of the night here, they read it before we do.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Feb 18 2018, 07:24 PM
Learning Roadie
When do USA forbid gun's sale.....??

In france, it's very complexe to have weapons, you can but you must be part of a club etc....

really sad to ear this sort of news, really.... wasted lifes

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 19 2018, 04:24 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Here in Greece not a sound guys! The media here are so absorbed with the economical crisis that we hardly here news from outside EU...
Shocking news Todd sad.gif War-like casualties

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 19 2018, 08:04 AM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Feb 18 2018, 01:24 PM) *
When do USA forbid gun's sale.....??

In france, it's very complexe to have weapons, you can but you must be part of a club etc....

really sad to ear this sort of news, really.... wasted lifes

Cheers

Laurent

In answer to your question, politicians are bribed to keep the assault weapons on the street, here is a list of of who gets the most money, every single one of them a Republican, the party of Trump. But they all offer their prayers to the dead kids, very touching.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10...g-senators.html

Here is a report on raffle of an AR-15 by 3rd graders in Red State Missouri to raise some money for their baseball team. Republican's running for congress in both Missouri and Red State Kansas are also raffling assault weapons to support their campaigns.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/neosho...4b00bc49f455f30

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 19 2018, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 19 2018, 02:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
to keep this anti political (see Mr. Buckingham)
The great FBI that is able to gather intelligence and indict Russian S&^tposters but could not track this guy down after another youtuber contacted the FBI and warned them , even after police record shows they have been called to his residence over 30 times

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Feb 19 2018, 02:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 17 2018, 04:11 PM) *

I thought we were done with these kind of posts at GMC?

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 19 2018, 06:50 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 17 2018, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Feb 19 2018, 05:56 AM) *
I thought we were done with these kind of posts at GMC?

Yes....This is what we basically agreed to almost unanimously with those who were involved in the past but somehow this thread has been allowed to continue even after it was requested by Kris that these types of discussions are disallowed. But if they are to be posted, they must be cleared through him first before posting.
In my view Todd knew exactly where a post of this nature would lead when he posted it and should stop playing dumb about it by claiming he was just sharing news that he knows fully well was received by the vast majority of the world and would lead to a highly charged political arguement like the ones we have already been through in the past.

So what's the deal Kris? Was this thread cleared through you and are you allowing it to continue or what?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 19 2018, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 19 2018, 07:11 PM
Advanced v. Pro moderating #3

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 19 2018, 07:16 PM
We got the news here but it wasn't headline. Tragic and sad but not surprise/shocking for us living on the other side of the world.

These violences started and continued through both parties presidencies as far as I remember, I see it as part of USA's personality more than political debate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2018, 09:36 PM
If this thread steps out of line it will be shut down. Simple as that. I am sad that the news didn't reach greece but they are having their own troubles so I guess it makes sense that our problems would be secondary. I didn't know our news reached the UK so quickly and france as well it seems. We don't get tons of International news here in the states in my experience unless we watch BBC America news which is different than standard u.s. news broadcasts as anyone whose seen both knows.

Surely we can't resolve political differences in a guitar forum so let's just not approach them. Doing so is fruitless and none of us much want to get stuck in and endless loop.

I do hope that we can share things in an open way without having it devolve in to a political rant. I have been extra careful to avoid political discussion in this thread and in general. I did want to share this event as our membership is global. I understand now that our news is the worlds news for the most part. Folks outside the states will get the news of these things probably before we get it ourselves.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 20 2018, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
In other news farting passengers has pilot make an emergency landing after fight breaks out
http://start.att.net/player/category/news/...rgency_l-zazoom

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2018, 04:23 AM
Now it seems clear we all do see the same news as I was about to share this very same post. Evidently a man simply refused to stop farting and the plane
was forced to land in Austria and police with dogs came on and pulled the man off the flight. The article mentioned that humans far 1.7 times per hour
and it's a 7.5 hour flight in this case. That's a lot of wind on one plane. The article is hilarious btw and worth a read. Good pull!

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 19 2018, 07:29 PM) *
In other news farting passengers has pilot make an emergency landing after fight breaks out
http://start.att.net/player/category/news/...rgency_l-zazoom

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 20 2018, 04:24 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 20 2018, 08:46 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 19 2018, 06:50 PM) *
So what's the deal Kris? Was this thread cleared through you and are you allowing it to continue or what?

I am indeed closing this one - it quickly went into political territory.

My thoughts go these kids and their families.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:47 PM