2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Finished My Latest Project, Tell Me What You Think!
Marshmall0wz
Nov 22 2008, 04:48 AM
GMC:er
Sick man. How does the ds-1 sound? I love 59's so that's got to have a sick sound. is the fretboard rosewood or ebony?

EDIT: nvm that's definitely rosewood. my bad haha

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Marshmall0wz: Nov 22 2008, 04:49 AM

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fretburn
Nov 22 2008, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Nov 21 2008, 10:14 AM) *
Great looking guitar smile.gif You should be proud of the result. Did you make the neck too? What was the most difficult part?

I particularly like the birds eye maple strip something I aspire to on my next guitar if I ever get the funds!

Is this a hobby of yours or are you looking at being a lutherian?

This is a hobby for me right now, as I am in college still, but I do plan on building as a side job and possibly as a main one depending on the jobmarket after graduation wink.gif I did make the neck as well, BUT i used a kit neck, so I had a serious amount of help. the hardest part of the entire project was cutting the neck pocket so that the neck would sit properly, which is difficult in itself, and you really only get one shot to make it perfect! I also would not worry about costs! If u have the tools, coming up with wood is he cheapest part, or was for me, the pickups were the most expensive part, and total i spent about 400 dollars, but i had all of the tools before i began, and It does take a LONGGGG time. Regardless its a great experience, and doing it I learned more about guitars and playing than I could ever know without it, not to mention I love this guitar!

QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Nov 21 2008, 10:48 PM) *
Sick man. How does the ds-1 sound? I love 59's so that's got to have a sick sound. is the fretboard rosewood or ebony?

EDIT: nvm that's definitely rosewood. my bad haha

The ds-1 is brilliant, it cuts more than any pickup I have ever played, given solid maple body helps alot with that, but the clarity and drive I get from it, even in drop-c are absolutely incredible. Im a duncan fan for life! And yes, the 59 is amazing as well, ive been using it a lot more lately because it has such a rich sound. Even on my practice amp, it sounds like it should. LOVE IT

ALSO, thank you everyone who has taken the time to take a look at my guitar, your responses mean a lot! thank you!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fretburn: Nov 22 2008, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 22 2008, 09:04 PM

That is one of the most amazing guitars I've seen.

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Nov 22 2008, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
fretburn
Nov 22 2008, 09:05 PM
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Nov 22 2008, 03:04 PM) *
That is one of the most amazing guitars I've seen.

Thank you man, like I said means a lot to me!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 22 2008, 10:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Outstanding mate, you shall be proud! cool.gif

Besides I love SGs, really cool. The transparent plastic pickguard is a nice touch IMHO.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 23 2008, 02:32 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Wow, awesome work man!!!!! Looks stunning smile.gif

I wish I was able to do stuff like that smile.gif

edit: typo... again...!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Nov 23 2008, 02:32 PM

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Nov 23 2008, 07:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Looks amazing! Excellent craftmanship smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 20 2009, 09:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks awesome, as I told you on Facebook ^^

I'll definetly make my own as well, soon! The "signs" tells me to..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 20 2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats, a great guitar. Craftmanship forever smile.gif

This post has been edited by Roadside: Apr 20 2009, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
fretburn
May 9 2009, 11:53 PM
Hey everyone sorry for the long silence, been very busy at school. thank you all for the kind words!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:25 AM