3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Play And Rest Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Jul 13 2009, 11:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 13 2009, 01:12 AM) *
Thank you Pedja, I will definitely incorporate this style of "thinking" while playing and keep practicing over this backing. I may even through another at you. Use which ever you like man. Thanks again. smile.gif

You welcome Steve, you did great so far!

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jul 13 2009, 05:10 AM) *
heres my go at it...

John you used rests and playing but you didn't follow any of the patterns I mentioned.
Try to do one take with either Play One Rest One or Play Two Rest Two bars wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 18 2009, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Here is my take for this collaboration

Download it HERE

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 18 2009, 05:49 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's my take. smile.gif The playing wasn't perfect at quite a few bits so I'll try and re-record it before the deadline.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Matt23_PlayRest_wbt.mp3 ( 642.23K ) Number of downloads: 128
Attached File  Matt23_PlayRest_nobt.mp3 ( 611.21K ) Number of downloads: 112

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 18 2009, 07:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 18 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Here's my take. smile.gif The playing wasn't perfect at quite a few bits so I'll try and re-record it before the deadline.

Nice take Matt!
As you said yourself, re-record another one before deadline if you can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 19 2009, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Awesome take with this approach Pedja! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2009, 07:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 19 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Awesome take with this approach Pedja! smile.gif

Thank you Steve, much appreciated. I will record lesson with this solo by the end of this month (as with previous collaboration solos!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 19 2009, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Here is my take take

The video is as i promised is coming later as i am having some problem with my webcam

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Rest_collab.mp3 ( 598.22K ) Number of downloads: 116
Attached File  RestWOB_collab.mp3 ( 598.22K ) Number of downloads: 115

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2009, 09:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 19 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Here is my take take

The video is as i promised is coming later as i am having some problem with my webcam

Very melodic take Isac!
You mixed different patterns for this one smile.gif I mentioned that it would be ideal to pick only one play rest pattern but since Ben did it and now you did it I guess it will be okay for others to do such a thing as well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 19 2009, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 19 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Very melodic take Isac!
You mixed different patterns for this one smile.gif I mentioned that it would be ideal to pick only one play rest pattern but since Ben did it and now you did it I guess it will be okay for others to do such a thing as well smile.gif

I never read the rules very much wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 19 2009, 09:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 19 2009, 10:30 PM) *
I never read the rules very much wink.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 20 2009, 05:07 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok Pedja:
Here's my first take. I'm going to do another one for sure. For this, I just wanted to make sure that I could get the discipline of play rest down. I think I did ok, but this one isn't very musical. I added the delay in the final mix just to mess around with the sound. The harmony part for one measure was an accident, but I left it in just to add interest. Next, I'll probably do something with less effects so that the guitar playing stands out a little more.

Attached File  20090719_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 123

Jim.

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jul 20 2009, 05:10 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 10:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 20 2009, 06:07 AM) *
Ok Pedja:
Here's my first take. I'm going to do another one for sure. For this, I just wanted to make sure that I could get the discipline of play rest down. I think I did ok, but this one isn't very musical. I added the delay in the final mix just to mess around with the sound. The harmony part for one measure was an accident, but I left it in just to add interest. Next, I'll probably do something with less effects so that the guitar playing stands out a little more.

Attached File  20090719_PlayRestCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 123

Jim.

Very melodic take with lots of development Jim. I like it !
May I suggest using less delay? Or if you plan to keep that delay adjust it so that its volume is way back in the mix wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jul 20 2009, 12:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

Here is my take. I really loved playing over this backing! Tried to put in some dynamics, some rhythmic displacement and some syncopation besides the playing/resting concept. I chose to primarily use chord tones as I am heavily learning all kinds of arpeggio shapes etc to improve my improvisation skills smile.gif

I've attached also the GP file which should quite accurate wink.gif .

Please let me know what you think biggrin.gif .

Cheers
Roger

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jul 20 2009, 01:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  RestPlayCollab_VR_wBT.mp3 ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 123
Attached File  RestPlayCollab_VR_noBT.mp3 ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 117
Attached File  Play_Rest_Collaboration___Pedja.gp5 ( 4.07K ) Number of downloads: 59

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jul 20 2009, 01:32 PM) *
Hi Pedja,

Here is my take. I really loved playing over this backing! Tried to put in some dynamics, some rhythmic displacement and some syncopation besides the playing/resting concept. I chose to primarily use chord tones as I am heavily learning all kinds of arpeggio shapes etc to improve my improvisation skills smile.gif

I've attached also the GP file which should quite accurate wink.gif .

Please let me know what you think biggrin.gif .

Cheers
Roger

Hi Roger,

Very nice sound first of all and take is very melodic. Development is very good in the beginning I like it.
Somewhere along the way you switched play rest patterns and you even did play two rest one etc. It would be nice if you could submit a take with specific play rest pattern. I mentioned this to Ben, Tolek and Isac but I guess it will be ok to accept this for final mix smile.gif

Nice take my friend!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jul 20 2009, 01:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 20 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Hi Roger,

Very nice sound first of all and take is very melodic. Development is very good in the beginning I like it.
Somewhere along the way you switched play rest patterns and you even did play two rest one etc. It would be nice if you could submit a take with specific play rest pattern. I mentioned this to Ben, Tolek and Isac but I guess it will be ok to accept this for final mix smile.gif

Nice take my friend!

To be honest, I knew that this was against the rules, but I did it on purpose to make things a bit more interesting smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 01:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jul 20 2009, 02:09 PM) *
To be honest, I knew that this was against the rules, but I did it on purpose to make things a bit more interesting smile.gif

I should have just put play rest approaches and say "play as you please" smile.gif
Its a bit more difficult sticking to one and making music with it, thats why I wanted everyone to follow specific one. Well, I will keep all your takes anyways since you put some time into it all wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Here is guitar pro for my take

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Jul 13 2009, 05:10 AM) *
heres my go at it...

John since most guys mixed up play rest patterns I will accept your take as it is man !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Play_rest_collaboration_solo.gp5 ( 5.48K ) Number of downloads: 56

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 20 2009, 08:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Okey Pedja, here's my take smile.gif
I wish I could say it was totally improvised, but I cheated and re-recorded five of the bars and added a note or made it cleaner tongue.gif Or, changed the whole bar if it was total crap haha laugh.gif I'll upload the totally improvised take also, just so you can hear it if you want.. but don't use that, please! laugh.gif

[attachment=16714:Dexxter_...Rest_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=16715:Dexxter_...Rest_NBT.mp3]
[attachment=16716:Dexxter_...t_noedit.mp3]

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Jul 20 2009, 08:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 20 2009, 11:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Jul 20 2009, 09:43 PM) *
Okey Pedja, here's my take smile.gif
I wish I could say it was totally improvised, but I cheated and re-recorded five of the bars and added a note or made it cleaner tongue.gif Or, changed the whole bar if it was total crap haha laugh.gif I'll upload the totally improvised take also, just so you can hear it if you want.. but don't use that, please! laugh.gif

[attachment=16714:Dexxter_...Rest_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=16715:Dexxter_...Rest_NBT.mp3]
[attachment=16716:Dexxter_...t_noedit.mp3]

Very cool Max , heard both versions wink.gif
I will use edited version but I see nothing with noedit version really smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 20 2009, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 21 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Very cool Max , heard both versions wink.gif
I will use edited version but I see nothing with noedit version really smile.gif

Well, maybe it's alright, I'm just REALLY self-critic all the time laugh.gif But the edited version sounds a lot better doesn't it? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:15 AM