Modal Vamp
Philippe
Jan 8 2008, 01:11 PM
GMC:er
What is a "modal vamp"?

I assume it's just one chord you play over and over and is suited to play some modes over it. Am I right?

For instance, a 7 dominant chord would work with mixolydian. Major seventh would work over
Lydian and Major. Is there a chord i can use that would work only lydian and not major? it'd need
a 4# in it?

Or can I use 2 chords in the vamp?

In any case, I want to record backing tracks for practicing the mode, and I was wondering what kind of chord
progression I can use, with as few chords as possible.

Thanks,
Philippe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 8 2008, 06:24 PM
Instructor
I suggest that you first determine what chord are derived from tonality\key that you are in. Second, add the seventh note to a chord, third, add a ninth note, fourth, add a sixth note. You'll have plenty of chordal combo variations for sure smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:22 AM