4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Hi guys. Here you can upload your takes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 18 2009, 10:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
eeek am I first??

well, I did my best, not really my normal kind of style, but its a style that I truly love, and hence why I love your album so much Emir, just wish I could play it! laugh.gif

anyways heres my effort, a little sloppy in places, but I look forward to your comments smile.gif

Attached File  emir_yngwie_chris_with_BT.mp3 ( 861.25K ) Number of downloads: 398

Attached File  emir_yngwie_chris_no_BT.mp3 ( 851.4K ) Number of downloads: 232

hopefully I`ve done it properly this time and rendered in mono smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 18 2009, 10:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Mar 18 2009, 10:26 PM) *
eeek am I first??

well, I did my best, not really my normal kind of style, but its a style that I truly love, and hence why I love your album so much Emir, just wish I could play it! laugh.gif

anyways heres my effort, a little sloppy in places, but I look forward to your comments smile.gif

Attached File  emir_yngwie_chris_with_BT.mp3 ( 861.25K ) Number of downloads: 398

Just AWESOME Chris!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 18 2009, 10:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Mar 18 2009, 09:26 PM) *
eeek am I first??

Thank you man. This will do the job for sure smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Mar 18 2009, 10:35 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Great take Chris!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 18 2009, 10:40 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 18 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Thank you man. This will do the job for sure smile.gif

phew laugh.gif well I did my best smile.gif

QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Mar 18 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Great take Chris!

Thanks Sergio smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 19 2009, 01:21 AM
Instructor
Great take Chris, really enjoyed it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 19 2009, 05:21 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
That Smells of Yngwie Cris! biggrin.gif ...or rather, that doesn't smell at all. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Nice work!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Mar 19 2009, 05:22 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Mar 19 2009, 06:52 AM
GMC:er
Well Ive just been inspired! Chris that was really great... I'd stay and go on about how great it was but I'd better go practice!
cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Roadside
Mar 19 2009, 07:32 AM
Realy nice take smile.gif Is it possible to get a place in the collab? Though I do not know if i´ll get the mic to record my amp in the next days. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 19 2009, 10:31 AM
smile.gif thanks guys, but dont leave me alone here laugh.gif lets hear some more takes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 19 2009, 10:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Roadside @ Mar 19 2009, 06:32 AM) *
Realy nice take smile.gif Is it possible to get a place in the collab? Though I do not know if i´ll get the mic to record my amp in the next days. sad.gif

Yes you can still sign up on this thread

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

Have you ever done any collab? If not then you can read the instructions there and sign up. Make sure you export your take from the start to match the backing track when I import for mixing. Export one with the backing as well (like Chris did). You don't need to record real amp. Use some software amp modelers like Guitar Rig or Amplitube. The deadline for submission is 28 March.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 25 2009, 06:13 PM
My... am I only the 2nd one?!

Well, here I come. This time I made sure that I exported the track in mono (I hope 256 kbps is enough), and both tracks start from the first pre-beat.

This is a simple yet effective and energetic backing so it was well worth the time I spent on it rolleyes.gif
Thanks again Emir!

Attached File  malmsteen_collab_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 279

Attached File  malmsteen_collab_berko_noBT.mp3 ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 214

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 26 2009, 02:06 AM
Instructor
Thank you Berko smile.gif This is very good.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 26 2009, 02:34 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hey Emir,
I would have loved to participate in this collab, cause speed and especially alternate picking are definately a weak point with my playing. I'm working on your "Alternate Picking Etude with String Skipping" lesson now. I have it memorized and love the neo-classical style of this piece. From it, I'm learing arpeggio shapes and building my skills so that maybe someday, I can do justice to a collab like this one. I remember when I first listened to Yngwie, I was so blown away by his level of playing that it scared me. biggrin.gif I'll also download the tabs you provided in a link somewhere in this thread and learn those, cause building knowledge seems to be just as important as building my chops these days, and why not try to do both at the same time.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyones takes though. Sounding great so far! wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 26 2009, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Here is my take......

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Yngwie_collbab_BT_superize.mp3 ( 671.92K ) Number of downloads: 273
Attached File  Yngwie_collbab_WOBT_superize.mp3 ( 648.71K ) Number of downloads: 195

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Jesse
Mar 26 2009, 03:22 PM
You're all great. I think I might have to resign, no way I'm that fast, and I can't rip out the harmonic minor scale like that . Would take me more time I think.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 26 2009, 03:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Mar 26 2009, 03:22 PM) *
You're all great. I think I might have to resign, no way I'm that fast, and I can't rip out the harmonic minor scale like that . Would take me more time I think.

I can't play the Harmonic minor scale that fast either. mad.gif My solution is going to be to play the "A aeolian" scale for my fast runs but then try and resolve the lick on the G#.....This should have the same effect as blazing through the "A harmonic minor" scale. We shall see. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 26 2009, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Mar 26 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Hey Emir,
I would have loved to participate in this collab, cause speed and especially alternate picking are definately a weak point with my playing. I'm working on your "Alternate Picking Etude with String Skipping" lesson now. I have it memorized and love the neo-classical style of this piece. From it, I'm learing arpeggio shapes and building my skills so that maybe someday, I can do justice to a collab like this one. I remember when I first listened to Yngwie, I was so blown away by his level of playing that it scared me. biggrin.gif I'll also download the tabs you provided in a link somewhere in this thread and learn those, cause building knowledge seems to be just as important as building my chops these days, and why not try to do both at the same time.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyones takes though. Sounding great so far! wink.gif

I agree 100%. When I entered this world of neoclassical and shred playing I developed my technique to a much higher level. Yngwie was a big influence. I have just uploaded my collab take as a full GMC lesson so I hope you'll find some useful chops from there as well smile.gif Here is youtube link but I believe it will be published here this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htY2pIp9uVQ

QUOTE (superize @ Mar 26 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Here is my take......

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Jesse @ Mar 26 2009, 02:22 PM) *

Well it's up to you but you can try something with 8th notes. If not then thatks for giving a try smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 26 2009, 02:27 PM) *
I can't play the Harmonic minor scale that fast either. mad.gif My solution is going to be to play the "A aeolian" scale for my fast runs but then try and resolve the lick on the G#.....This should have the same effect as blazing through the "A harmonic minor" scale. We shall see. biggrin.gif

I believe I will hear some good playing from you smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Mar 26 2009, 04:15 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 26 2009, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
My take is probably going to be sloppy... I have done it cleanly and slowly, but when I have to speed up, it doesn´t sound good anymore. tongue.gif Let´s see what I can do in 2 days. smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:26 PM