About Stairway To Heaven, Could anybody post some licks in the style of led zeppelin?
Richard Salas
Feb 7 2008, 11:49 PM
GMC:er

Hi guys How is everybody!

I have been practicing the stairway to heaven solo, I almost managed to play it entirely, but there are some parts I can't listen to in the song because they are played really fast, I guess I can't really distinguish the notes. Could anybody give me a hand here?

By the way, I noticed that there are not many licks in the style of jimmy page or in led zeppelin's style, it would be really cool to see some of that in gmc.

Please let me know if you know how to play it (the solo I mean...).

Cheers... Richard cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Keep living, Keep playing!

/Users/ricardosalasrivacoba/Desktop/0101202764_xl.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 8 2008, 01:12 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The subject on a Page or Led Zeppelin lesson were just up rescently, check out the thread "Urgent message"... it's somewhere up there.

And besides, there's a program called "amazing slowdowner" that can slow the music but keep the pitch. Or you could progagly find one for GP5 and run the tab + music on screen.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 8 2008, 04:06 AM
GMC:er
Assuming you don't have guitar pro I find that this tab has pretty accurate solo. It was one of the first solos I ever learned and I think, what you should do on the faster parts are, if you can't figure them out with ear, look at this tab and take some guidelines on where you should be on the fretboard and what notes you should use and figure the order by youre self. You should also remember that it doesn't have to be spot on like Page to sound like the solo sounds, the faster parts specifically, If couple of notes are a different they're not gonna matter.

It's a great solo hope you nail it! smile.gif

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/led_..._heaven_tab.htm

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:29 PM