Easy Way To Make Backing Tracks
Enucleation
Jun 20 2008, 09:27 AM
GMC:er
I was on youtube and clicked this link to a forum someone was a member of, as I was attracted by the mention of BTs, So as I'm there I see this thread which has helped me an immense amount now.

So, here we go. You need a MIDI or Guitar Pro (to export as a MIDI), Fruity Loops, you can get a free trial from the homepage, and you will need Soundfonts which you can get here http://www.hammersound.net/

After you download and install Fruity Loops go to the hammersound link. Navigate to the sounds section toa ccess the soundfont library. Navigate your way to the drums section (assuming that is what you need most) and pick a font. The directions I read recommended HARD DRUMS which is on page 3-5 or so (could be over or less). Now you will need to go to www.melodymachine.com you will probably see a link to it from the download page of the soundfont. You need to download sfArk to use the sound fonts.

So finally all that is done. Install sfArk and right click on your soundfont(s) and choose Decompress. Now go into fruity loops and import your MIDI file, choose which tracks to upload in the drop-box thing. (if you are doing more than one track, say bass and drums, I only know how to do this one track at a time, sorry.) Now you have your drum track or whatever on fruity loops so go into the browser or just drag the decompressed soundfont from the folder its in onto the drum track.

Now export the backing and throw it onto your recording software and there ya go.

Now this is something I just learned how to do so there may be things to make it sound better. I also read something about a compresser that I will copy and paste but I don't quite understand it and it works fine for me without it.
--------------------------copy and past starts here-----------------------------
Secret, The Compressor: The compressor, it can enhache the power of a track or can ruin it as hell, so use it wisely, the Cubase Sx has a compressor that is just AWESOME, use it specially on your drum and bass track, experiment with it, and after a qhile you'll get it
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if you are getting a MIDI from Guitar pro...for some reason I don't think it picks up repeat signs, you may have to do a small bit of editing to your tracks, copy and paste rather than repeat x4.

Well anyway thats all I know on it. Hope it helped.

Also I'm pretty sure this isn't pirating anything.

Well that's all good luck and God bless.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Jun 20 2008, 09:29 AM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 20 2008, 12:09 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the info man. I'm sure somebody will find it very useful when creating backings! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jun 20 2008, 12:10 PM
Instructor
Some Nice Tips Cool

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 20 2008, 12:59 PM
GMC:er
Why not become a wiki writer and add it?
That way it be more useful for a longer time to more people! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 04:53 PM
Singing Instructor
Thanks for the link,maybe all give it a try.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jun 25 2008, 12:08 AM
Instructor
I will give it a try, thanks.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Jun 25 2008, 12:13 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
interesting, I'll give it a try too

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 25 2008, 05:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jun 20 2008, 10:27 AM) *
So, here we go. You need a MIDI or Guitar Pro (to export as a MIDI), Fruity Loops, you can get a free trial from the homepage, and you will need Soundfonts which you can get here http://www.hammersound.net/

hey, thanks for this link !!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 29 2008, 12:51 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very useful tutorial , thanks mate wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 11:12 AM
Instructor
I agree with jacmoe, I think too that if you create a wiki article it will be much appreciated. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 30 2008, 11:44 AM
Instructor
thanks for the information mate.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:07 PM