M1 Mac Vs 2012 Macbook Pro Photoshop Launch Time
Todd Simpson
Dec 7 2021, 05:19 AM
GMC:er
So check this out. That HUGE fan noise is my laptop. Runs 99C just about all the time. The M1 mini desktop uni runs about 23c at all times. Im launching photoshop 2022 on the laptop first. Then on the M1 which I'm controlling remotely. Take a look at the time difference?

*M1 Mini
-8GB Ram
-256GB SSD

*2012 Macbook Pro
-16GB Ram
-1TB SSD

*Speaking of speed, check this out
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Right-...ltiple-Strings/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 7 2021, 05:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Dec 7 2021, 03:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
The old one sounds like the turbines of a big aeroplane trying to take off slowly, yet the new one is silent like a Tesla going 100 mph smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 7 2021, 03:34 PM

--------------------

Visit My Website - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 8 2021, 04:27 AM
The old one always sounds like that under heavy load. The old laptop is just crazy noisy trying to cool itself. Love the quiet speed of the new m1.

The difference is just shocking.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 7 2021, 10:34 AM) *
The old one sounds like the turbines of a big aeroplane trying to take off slowly, yet the new one is silent like a Tesla going 100 mph smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 8 2021, 04:28 AM

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Dec 8 2021, 12:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 8 2021, 05:27 AM) *
The old one always sounds like that under heavy load. The old laptop is just crazy noisy trying to cool itself. Love the quiet speed of the new m1.

The difference is just shocking.

I've had noisy desktops in the past - and my current one can hum a bit when it gets warm, but it's not fan noise in itself. I think some vibrations get going on a metal part inside the case and the whole case touches a metal part of my desk ever so sligtly if it's not standing in the exact right spot. It's usually solved just by pushing my computer 1 mm in any direction. I can't raise my desk further though, but maybe I could find a lower solution for the stand of my PC. It's sitting in something like this currently:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 8 2021, 09:05 PM
I went back and listened to the vid and it it picking up my room fans as well the laptop fans so its' a bit nuts. The audio seems to clamp down on the room noise after a bit. Still, the laptop fans are always running and it's always hot which is why I'm trying the new one smile.gif

I used to use a caddy like that when I ran a PC. was very handy as I was always having to roll it out to check something or recable.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 8 2021, 07:17 AM) *
I've had noisy desktops in the past - and my current one can hum a bit when it gets warm, but it's not fan noise in itself. I think some vibrations get going on a metal part inside the case and the whole case touches a metal part of my desk ever so sligtly if it's not standing in the exact right spot. It's usually solved just by pushing my computer 1 mm in any direction. I can't raise my desk further though, but maybe I could find a lower solution for the stand of my PC. It's sitting in something like this currently:

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Dec 8 2021, 09:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 8 2021, 10:05 PM) *
I went back and listened to the vid and it it picking up my room fans as well the laptop fans so its' a bit nuts. The audio seems to clamp down on the room noise after a bit. Still, the laptop fans are always running and it's always hot which is why I'm trying the new one smile.gif

I used to use a caddy like that when I ran a PC. was very handy as I was always having to roll it out to check something or recable.

Exactly. It's very handy. Same purpose. Unfortunatley it sits very close to the frame of my desk at the moment. Perhaps I could raise my entire desk by 2 mm by placing some felt pad bits underneath the legs. Might not be a bad idea actually smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2022 - 09:17 PM