Vibrato Collab, Final Mix & Comments
Iluha
Mar 9 2008, 03:49 PM
GMC:er
Sorry for the big delay guys.. I blame it on my lazyness sad.gif but anyways, here it is, the final mixdown of my first collab! Thanks to all the participants, I think you did an awesome job! and now, without further adue, the mix and the comments smile.gif

1) Tjchep(00:00 - 00:35) - Tj, I just have one word, bravo! the harmonized beginning was cool, and it feels that you really connected with the backing, you kept you'r solo intresting by using a wide range of vibratos and bends, and in the end you climaxed it alongside the backing, which is something I think the others have missed, the backing's true climax point is the ending! well done man! smile.gif

2) Visi0n(00:35 - 1:10) - Ekrem, man, everytime I hear you play I get inspired, beautifull emotional opening lick, and you kept the emotion going till the climax of you'r solo, felt like someone is talking to me, dissaponted in me, only problem I have is that I think you climaxed the solo too soon, and that after the beautifull tapped bends lick you had no idea what to do next to close the solo up, BUT! despite that the ending still sounded good! but it just could have been better smile.gif

3) Skennington (1:10 - 1:45) - Skennington, I really loved the vibe you were setting, very malancholic and sad, just like the backing, but I think you also didn't know how to close up the solo and you ended up repeating yourself in the end, which is a nice safe exit, but I feel it could have been better! also, once you'r vibrato evolves it would sound even better! biggrin.gif

4) Coffeeman (1:45 - 2:21) - Andru, another great emotional solo smile.gif really loved the build up to the climax, and you'r vibrato is very precise which is beautifull to my ears, but again like mentioned above, you climaxed the solo too soon, and I feel that you didn't know how to close it, the last note, the vibrated bend is a great closure, but the pause between the climax and it, kills it a bit! but overall great job! smile.gif

5) Twibeard (2:21 - 2:56) - Twibeard, Really loved the synth, it added alot to the vibe, and I think I told you this before, that I can hear that you got great musical ideas in you'r head but you still lack the technique and experience to bring it out, but you'r defintly getting there! this is another example of how much vibrato can add to a solo, once you'r vibrato evolves even slow simple solos like this will get alot more colour and everyone will be able to hear what's going on in that musical head of yours! smile.gif

6) Silentkap (2:56 - 3:31) - Silentkap, I liked how you gave the backing play the first few beats before you start playing, it helped set the vibe, like Twibeard, I can hear that you have great ideas in you'r head but having difficulties showing those ideas on the instrument, it will come with time, don't worry! a very important thing I must note is that you did spot that the climax of the backing is at the ending and you acted accordingly, well done on that! soundwise, I think youv'e put too much reverb but other than that it's a good sound, also like I mentioned to Skenninton and Twibeard, you will see that once you'r vibrato evolves the pauses you make will sound better and more intresting! smile.gif

7) Steve25 (3:31 - end) - And last but not least, Steve! You set a great vibe, you didn't really have a climax wich is perfectly fine, not all solos must have a climax tongue.gif I also think you got a great vibrato, soft and precise, only tip I have for you is to work on vibrato on bends, it will come in handy especially in such bend driven solos such as this! smile.gif

Once again, thanks for participating, I really enjoyd all the recordings, and looking forward to starting my next collab.(Which will probably not be in the near future =p)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Vibrato_Collab_Final.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 188

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Tjchep
Mar 9 2008, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Mar 9 2008, 03:49 PM) *
1) Tjchep(00:00 - 00:35) - Tj, I just have one word, bravo! the harmonized beginning was cool, and it feels that you really connected with the backing, you kept you'r solo intresting by using a wide range of vibratos and bends, and in the end you climaxed it alongside the backing, which is something I think the others have missed, the backing's true climax point is the ending! well done man! smile.gif

Cool man!

Thanks for the comments.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 9 2008, 07:06 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks for the comments man. I continue to practice everyday and hope to be better for the next one I enter. This sort of thing helps me more than just practicing lessons. smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 14 2008, 12:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the comments and for making this collab mate. This is a very inspirational collab , very nice job everyone.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 14 2008, 12:48 AM
Visi0n, during your solo I would have sworn Iluha somehow got Satch to play for the collab, if I didn't know better! Your tone, your style, everything sounds just like him! Beautiful, man! biggrin.gif

What did you use to get that tone?

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Mar 14 2008, 12:51 AM

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 14 2008, 12:59 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Mar 14 2008, 01:48 AM) *
Visi0n, during your solo I would have sworn Iluha somehow got Satch to play for the collab, if I didn't know better! Your tone, your style, everything sounds just like him! Beautiful, man! biggrin.gif

What did you use to get that tone?

Oh yeah, he's known for his awesome tone! alot of it has to do with his feel smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 14 2008, 01:43 AM
Mmm.. if anyone wants to help me figure out the first half of visions solo.. I'd hug you for ever.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:47 PM