15 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Skennington, Uploads and Discussion
skennington
Mar 8 2009, 02:00 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Level 3... phew... laugh.gif Just an update man, working on the lesson. smile.gif I think this one might just break me into sweeps! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 8 2009, 03:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
You can do it man! wink.gif smile.gif

It would probably help if you practiced each video lick with a kaz-box. I know it has helped me with the mixolydian lesson I'm working on quite a bit.

Here is a link for you, check it out!
http://www.reztronics.com/prod01.htm

By the way, I still need you to play the chords and paint the fence biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Mar 8 2009, 03:18 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 8 2009, 04:05 AM
I'll get it man, no worries... smile.gif I like the link too. I'm actually just working on it along with Muris in each vid along with the backing. May be why it takes me a while but once I have it that way, the only thing to do is overcome the "record button".. laugh.gif

And still painting the fence too.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 10 2009, 01:00 AM
Hey man, quick update on the Bb lesson. will you take a look at the vid and see if you can find some things that will help me get a better sweep pattern down. I know the lesson but can't get through it. Maybe more time and practice is all I need. smile.gif I love the lesson btw and think that once I master it, the technique will take me far with my playing. Thanks man for recommending this one!

+Quote Post
ChrnoAM
Mar 10 2009, 08:06 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 9 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Hey man, quick update on the Bb lesson. will you take a look at the vid and see if you can find some things that will help me get a better sweep pattern down. I know the lesson but can't get through it. Maybe more time and practice is all I need. smile.gif I love the lesson btw and think that once I master it, the technique will take me far with my playing. Thanks man for recommending this one!

I hope you don't mind me jumping onto your thread!! But I watched your video, and your sweeping is coming along nice, if I were to give you some advice, of course take it with a grain of salt, really concentrate on your right hand and making sure you're not picking each string individually when you do the sweep, but more like a raking motion, where the pick falls from string to string in one movement, if you get that down you're gonna nail this lesson! wink.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 10 2009, 02:55 PM
No man, not at all and thanks for the advice. I do feel that once mastered, floating the pick across the strings is one of things that will set me "sweep free" laugh.gif I think with time it will come as my practice time has been quite limited lately, bout an hour or so every other night.

What do you think Jeff?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 11 2009, 12:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry Steve, I have had some issues with my PC (sound and video not playing correct at all, etc..).

I seemed to have got things working now.

@Amol thanks for jumping in and helping with your comments. smile.gif

Steve he is right! Most of your problems seem to be caused by you right hand. I am going to upload you a video response soon. I can explain things better that way rather than typing a bunch of text.

I'll PM you when it has been uploaded.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2009, 03:59 AM
Cool, a vid would be great bro. smile.gif I know it's my right hand as I have never tried a sweep shape so like I said, this lesson will take me a ways with my playing. cool.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 11 2009, 04:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I got you covered bro and I'll try to get it up tomorrow smile.gif

Now you have to look and listen to my ugly muge! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2009, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Mar 10 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Now you have to look and listen to my ugly muge! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif laugh.gif Can't wait! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 12 2009, 02:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hope you find the comments helpful. I thought you could maybe get more out of this video rather then me trying to explain everything with just text. If looking at my ugly mug is to much of a distraction then feel free to convert the audio to mp3 and put it on your iPod laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Video Comments: Picking technique

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 12 2009, 03:49 AM
Man, this is great, I really like the video approach. I will watch it several times and digest what you are saying. I picked my guitar up when you were explaining the closed hand picking and tbh, it didn't feel all that bad. I have often wondered how David Walliman picks the way he does and still sound amazing.

Uploads will come soon! Thanks man. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 13 2009, 01:22 AM
Jeff,

Thanks again for your upload and I think your right. Having my hand closed seems to be helping a bit. I recorded a quick take at a different angle so you could better see what is going on. I bummed a note or two and was anxious at the beginning but anyhow, have a look and see what you think.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 13 2009, 02:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
HELL YES!!! cool.gif

You got me all excited and then stopped playing. sad.gif Pick a slower backing track (about 5 - 10bpm) and practice at that speed. Even though you did the sweep part really nice it still felt a little rushed. Playing slower will really help you get things in sync and smoother.

Hurry up and do another take now! I want more you lesson tease. laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 13 2009, 03:15 AM
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif Glad to hear that Jeff. I will start practicing it with a slower backing and then post a new take of the whole lesson. Thanks for all the advice man, means a lot!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 13 2009, 03:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Your welcome Steve. smile.gif I'm glad you’re finding my tips helpful and not taking my criticisms the wrong way.

I'm really looking forward to your next upload.

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 21 2009, 03:24 PM
Just checking in Jeff. I'm sure you are aware that a lot is going on atm with the REC program so been a bit busy with that. Also I have a new member of the family. A 12 week old Golden Retriever named Sammy.. laugh.gif Had a few sleepless nights this past week.

All in all, I feel like I'm still where I was at on the lessons from the previous uploads. Going to try and get some quality practice time in this weekend to get a little further down the road. Hope all is well on your end man! smile.gif

Cheers,
Steve

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 26 2009, 12:23 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
A 12 week old Golden Retriever named Sammy.. Had a few sleepless nights this past week.

Congrats on Sammy. I bet your kids love it. This is your only one right?
Sammy will adjust and you will get some sleep soon. He's just wondering where his Mom is and why everything smells and looks different.

I know things are very busy for you. Practice when you can. I'm here when you need me. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 29 2009, 02:26 AM
Thanks bro, yes, definitely busy but still practicing for sure. smile.gif I'll get something up on the Bb lesson so you can see my progress. Also I have not forgot the S&A (paint the fence) lesson. I still work on it too! check out the little man... And your right, the kids are having a ball with him. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 29 2009, 04:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
wub.gif wub.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:31 AM