Ngd On The Way!
Todd Simpson
Apr 1 2016, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
Pointy guitars make me happy and I could use some happy so how about a Ferrari Red Special edition XIPHOS!!! On the way from ebay. Hoping for the best smile.gif

This is the XPT750 Limited Edition with Dimarzio pickups. They didn't make that many of them and I'm stoked to be getting one. My last one was black, but I have enough black guitars smile.gif

Here is the ibby wikki entry

Ibanez Guitar Wiki

The Ibanez XPT750 is a Xiphos series electric guitar model, issued in 2009 as part of the X series. It is based on the 2009 XPT700, but with a different set of pickups and a clear red finish. It was produced for a limited time for the US market only. Features include a neck through body construction with mahogany body wings, a double locking tremolo and DiMarzio D Activator-X pickups.

Specifications for XPT750
Name: XPT750
Years: 2009
Areas: USA
Made in: Indonesia
Finishes: RD (Red)
Body
Body material:Mahogany
Neck joint:Neck-thru
Bridge:Edge III Tremolo
Hardware color:Cosmo Black
Neck type:Wizard II
Neck material:5-Piece Maple/Walnut
Fingerboard:Bound Rosewood
Inlays:Reversed Sharktooth
Frets:24 / Jumbo
ElectronicsPU Config:
HH
Neck PU:
DiMarzio D Activator-X
Bridge PU:
DiMarzio D Activator-X
Controls:
1 Volume / 1 Tone / 3-Way Toggle

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/XPT750

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 2 2016, 01:17 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 2 2016, 12:07 AM
Experienced Rock Star
None more pointy!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 2 2016, 09:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sweet smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2016, 10:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Nice !!!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 2 2016, 10:57 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that could have an eye out!
Nice one Todd smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 2 2016, 02:43 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
That looks lethal. smile.gif Looks way cooler in red than black, IMHO. Curious on how you like those Activator-X pickups when you get it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Apr 2 2016, 02:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very cool and indeed : THE RED ONE !!!! That baby cries out to be played by extremely skilled hands, like Todd's !! cool.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 2 2016, 05:22 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 2 2016, 04:43 AM) *
That looks lethal. smile.gif Looks way cooler in red than black, IMHO. Curious on how you like those Activator-X pickups when you get it.

+1 I might have to toss one of those in my old Kramer if they scream.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2016, 06:18 AM
They are toned down versions of the INSANE high gain ones that look just like them by Dimarzio, ,the X22 I think. I've tried them and the gain is nearly uncontrollable. These are backed off a bit so they should scream just fine and it's neck through body so the sustain should be killer smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 2 2016, 11:22 AM) *
+1 I might have to toss one of those in my old Kramer if they scream.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 4 2016, 11:19 AM
Nice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2016, 12:52 AM
So get this. The packing was done so poorly that the guitar got damaged in transit. it's a fairly rare ibby. They didn't make many in this color. I was really looking forward to it. It was packed with garbage bags and bits of bubble wrap. Uggh. Some people. To just disrespect an instrument, not to mention a buyer like that really irks me. Little does he he know that ebay is all about the buyer so I can get my money back just starting a claim. I have been on the other end of that so I so know how it works. "no return" or not, if somebody wants their money back, ebey pulls it out of your paypal, even if it leaves your paypal in a negative balance. I'm going to see how much it will be to repair. I'd take a partial refund if it would cover it.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 10 2016, 02:48 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Omg! That's enough to make a grown man cry. sad.gif That really sucks, Todd.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2016, 08:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's shocking. I feel for you Todd, something like that is headphone to have happen when you've been looking forward to something. mad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2016, 09:20 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
nasty ohmy.gif hopefully it can be repaired and compensated. it would be a shame if you have to send it back. it was such a cool find.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 11 2016, 12:55 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Ugh, that is a shame. I would be outraged at such a poor packing job dry.gif At the very least the seller should pay for the repairs. Unfortunately it seems the buyer is the one who has to go through the trouble.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2016, 03:12 AM
I must admit that after the anger wore off, I was fit to cry!!!

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 9 2016, 08:48 PM) *
Omg! That's enough to make a grown man cry. sad.gif That really sucks, Todd.

IT's pretty awful. And it will take $300 to fix. Just heard back from a couple of luthiers. sad.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 10 2016, 02:57 AM) *
That's shocking. I feel for you Todd, something like that is headphone to have happen when you've been looking forward to something. mad.gif

The buyer seems naive on how ebay works. He thinks ebay is going to pay for everything. I hate to tell him
that they will pull the full amount from his paypal account, without asking even if it takes his account negative.
They've done it to me so I know how it works. Rest assured I'll be getting a partial or full refund.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 10 2016, 06:55 PM) *
Ugh, that is a shame. I would be outraged at such a poor packing job dry.gif At the very least the seller should pay for the repairs. Unfortunately it seems the buyer is the one who has to go through the trouble.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:28 AM