2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Demonstration Vids For Saturday Lesson, New Track for Todays Lesson 5:00 PM EST 10 PM CEST
Todd Simpson
Nov 13 2010, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
Starting our LIVE VIDEO CHAT GUITAR LESSON NOW! smile.gif

Join me in the GMC CHAT ROOM.

Cya There smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2010, 03:34 AM
Here are the preview videos for this Saturday's Video Chat Lesson @ 5:00 PM EST 10PM CEST. See you there!

*Very Similar to lesson 20, this one is just to get your hands warm and allow you to focus on speed.
34a (Speed)

*This next pattern I tried out with a few students as an improv last session and they all nailed it so I"m tabbing it out and adding to the actual lesson here.
34b (Speed, Stretch, strengthen)

*This is the final version of this pattern where we incorporate our down 3 back 1 approach. I think we will be able to crank this up to crazy speeds.
34C (Speed, Stretch, strengthen, precision)

Practice!
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2010, 05:11 AM
See you Saturday for our Video Chat Clinic! smile.gif 5PM EST 10PM CEST

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 24 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Here are the preview videos for this Saturday's Video Chat Lesson @ 5:00 PM EST 10PM CEST. See you there!

*Very Similar to lesson 20, this one is just to get your hands warm and allow you to focus on speed.
34a (Speed)

*This next pattern I tried out with a few students as an improv last session and they all nailed it so I"m tabbing it out and adding to the actual lesson here.
34b (Speed, Stretch, strengthen)

*This is the final version of this pattern where we incorporate our down 3 back 1 approach. I think we will be able to crank this up to crazy speeds.
34C (Speed, Stretch, strengthen, precision)

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm planning to cover the "OVER HAND TAPPING" technique in this Saturday's Video Chat Lesson so here is a quick video demo. It's actually a very simple technique once you get the hang of it smile.gif I"m using it in this video for my take of Daniel Realpe's recent Metal Collab.

Also, I never pick up the pick once I start here which is also something interesting to try if your not used to it. You can do pinch harmonics and other things using just your fingers.

WHEN?Every Saturday in the Video Chat Room.

5:00 PM EST USA
10:00 PM GMT
11:00 PM GERMANY

WHY? To show you the basics of a really cool shred technique: Alternate Picking

WHERE? In the video chat.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL? Beginner / Intermediate.

PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED? If you missed last weeks lesson, don't worry, just drop by and we will get you up to speed!

INSTRUCTOR? Todd Simpson (that's me )

OTHER COMMENTS Everybody is welcome to participate, students of all levels and instructors!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 26 2011, 06:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, you even wrote down the german time smile.gif I feel like you're talking to me...no worries, this week I am finally gonna make it to the chat again!
See you there

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2011, 09:49 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 26 2011, 12:11 PM) *
Ha, you even wrote down the german time smile.gif I feel like you're talking to me...no worries, this week I am finally gonna make it to the chat again!
See you there

Christian

Always happy to have plenty of Germans in the chat! smile.gif MittleNacht Metal Mayhem! (Is that even close to German?)

Here is a preview vid of something we are going to work on this SAT. Playing Guitar Solos with ONE HAND!

Here it is. Enjoy!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 1 2011, 10:10 AM
They tease and joke your skills todd (bet you can't play that without the pick hand), now we must suffer! Oh gees, looks like a hard one, should be some fun!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2011, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jun 1 2011, 04:10 AM) *
They tease and joke your skills todd (bet you can't play that without the pick hand), now we must suffer! Oh gees, looks like a hard one, should be some fun!

Here it is. Enjoy!

It's all in good fun Azza smile.gif A bit of suffering is good for the soul! Especially if the suffering is centered around becoming a better guitar player. Which is of course, the most noble goal of man.

Todd

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jun 1 2011, 08:59 PM
Can't wait till saturday smile.gif, I'll of course be there biggrin.gif
Playing with one hand is going to require some pretty nasty hammer ons biggrin.gif

Tobias

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2011, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Jun 1 2011, 02:59 PM) *
Can't wait till saturday smile.gif, I'll of course be there biggrin.gif
Playing with one hand is going to require some pretty nasty hammer ons biggrin.gif

Tobias

Yup wink.gif It requires a lot of left hand strength which is something players often struggle with at first. Once you have good hand strength, it really opens up your technique and your potential quite honestly. At that point, your only picking to add "Tone" and bite to the sound as you could play entirely without the pick.

At that point, being able to pick some, pull some, pick some, pull some, can give you your own "style/sound". It's partially by mixing dynamics and techniques that a player develops his or her own unique style.

I've gotten some messages about this video on youtube suggesting that it's "Fake" that I played the solo and then recorded the Video. I don't think anybody here would think something like that but I did get it over on "the tube". I was a bit taken aback by that.

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jun 1 2011, 11:53 PM
Currently I am just trying to play a little for fun with one hand, I can do it, and I am not using the amp and I can hear some sound, my fingers are quite strong biggrin.gif (all that gaming laugh.gif ), I am also one of those that has a pretty easy time bending, including with the pinky tongue.gif, of course it is easier with the other 3 fingers, but still its manageable smile.gif

But there are alot of idiotic people on YouTube, not even to mention those "trollers", the community here at GMC is the best community that I have ever seen on a forum, no one is flaming anyone, that is very very rare these days, also I bet those people that says it fakes, doesn't even play guitar or doesn't know what strength is....

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 2 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Yup wink.gif It requires a lot of left hand strength which is something players often struggle with at first. Once you have good hand strength, it really opens up your technique and your potential quite honestly. At that point, your only picking to add "Tone" and bite to the sound as you could play entirely without the pick.

At that point, being able to pick some, pull some, pick some, pull some, can give you your own "style/sound". It's partially by mixing dynamics and techniques that a player develops his or her own unique style.

I've gotten some messages about this video on youtube suggesting that it's "Fake" that I played the solo and then recorded the Video. I don't think anybody here would think something like that but I did get it over on "the tube". I was a bit taken aback by that.

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:12 AM