6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Active : Sotw Student Collab, "Uploads Only"
Matt23
Nov 23 2008, 08:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeh id like to do a solo, but how long will it have to be and where in the track does it go?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 23 2008, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Nov 23 2008, 02:31 PM) *
Yeh id like to do a solo, but how long will it have to be and where in the track does it go?

Kick it off at about 3:00 where the original starts. You'll hear a little piece that put in that I'm going to remove. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Nov 24 2008, 07:01 AM
GMC:er
I should get my solo done soon, sorry i hjavent reallt worked on it but Tuesday at the latest (VERY VERY LATEST) I will try and have it.

If I dont have it uo after tuesday just skip me.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 24 2008, 02:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 23 2008, 08:37 PM) *
Kick it off at about 3:00 where the original starts. You'll hear a little piece that put in that I'm going to remove. smile.gif

And what about my take? Should I wait until Christmas or should I do my bad quality take?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 24 2008, 02:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I had a little thingy about the singing, I think the verse is sang very nice, but on the chorus I'd like it more like Smoooooooke on the waaaater and not smoooke on the waaaateeeeer. Does anyone understand that??

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 24 2008, 02:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 24 2008, 02:53 PM) *
I had a little thingy about the singing, I think the verse is sang very nice, but on the chorus I'd like it more like Smoooooooke on the waaaater and not smoooke on the waaaateeeeer. Does anyone understand that??

Yes. smile.gif I personally prefer: Smooooooooooooke on the waaaaateeer. The ending of "water" should be not too short and not too long. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 24 2008, 03:57 PM
I understand you guys on the vocals. smile.gif However, this is a cover and opinions will vary. I think Munta put his own spin on the song which IMO, is better than just singing it the way the original goes. There again, opinions will vary. smile.gif

@ Tolek, go ahead and record a take man. Can you give me the audio file along with video? Maybe use some headphones in order to not record the backing?

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 24 2008, 05:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 24 2008, 03:57 PM) *
@ Tolek, go ahead and record a take man. Can you give me the audio file along with video? Maybe use some headphones in order to not record the backing?

Ok, I´ll try it. The audio will come with video, ok. About the headphones: I´ve got no headphones for computer. Maybe I´ll find or borrow some. biggrin.gif I´ll see...

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2008, 04:14 AM
Cool Tolek, we'll work it out! smile.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Nov 25 2008, 05:46 AM
Learning Roadie
i did do smooooooooooooooke on the waaaaaaaaater lol... im sure at some point someone edited my original file though :S it sounds nothing like the file i have on my laptop.

infact... you can hear the difference from what i uploaded to the one included in the mix... when did that happen :S

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Nov 25 2008, 05:50 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Nov 25 2008, 01:57 PM
I recorded a few solos before deciding on my take... youre welcome to use them if needed

heres one of them, ill upload more later if you want

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2009, 07:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Nov 24 2008, 11:46 PM) *
i did do smooooooooooooooke on the waaaaaaaaater lol... im sure at some point someone edited my original file though :S it sounds nothing like the file i have on my laptop.

infact... you can hear the difference from what i uploaded to the one included in the mix... when did that happen :S

Humm.... I did move track around a little but didn't cut any of the vocals. Munta, if you don't mind, could you upload the file that you have on your laptop. I will put it in the mix and see what I'm missing.. smile.gif Thanks man!

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Nov 25 2008, 07:57 AM) *
I recorded a few solos before deciding on my take... youre welcome to use them if needed

heres one of them, ill upload more later if you want

Cool. Thanks John. smile.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Nov 26 2008, 12:34 AM
Learning Roadie
its on page 2 or 3 on this thread lol

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 26 2008, 03:31 AM
Thanks Munta...Thought you had 2 files for some reason..lol

Anyway, heres a new mix. IMO, and thanks to you guys, I do believe this one sounds better.. smile.gif Let me know what you think and if need be, I'll keep working on it.

NEW MIX

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 26 2008, 03:32 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  New_SOTW_Student_Collab_Rhythm_Vocals_Organ.mp3 ( 6.07MB ) Number of downloads: 179

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 26 2008, 03:52 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like it a lot man!!!!

Everyone should be happy with this. Right everyone? Lets not change it again and just get it done.

The backing track is very tight and things are mixed very well. The only thing that I don't like (which I didn't from the start is the ending symbol crashes) and I know that's a small thing to pick at. It just kills my ear and I reach for the volume knob. What do you think?

Others have submitted there solo's but if you still need something I'm here. I have another project I'm getting ready to work on that requires tuning down a half step and a different setup for my guitar so I would like to know before doing that. Should be in about a week.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 26 2008, 03:57 AM
I like how it's been done. The vocal is awesome I think. The vocal sounds like...Hmm...I can't tell in a second.

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 26 2008, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 25 2008, 09:52 PM) *
I like it a lot man!!!!

Everyone should be happy with this. Right everyone? Lets not change it again and just get it done.

The backing track is very tight and things are mixed very well. The only thing that I don't like (which I didn't from the start is the ending symbol crashes) and I know that's a small thing to pick at. It just kills my ear and I reach for the volume knob. What do you think?

Others have submitted there solo's but if you still need something I'm here. I have another project I'm getting ready to work on that requires tuning down a half step and a different setup for my guitar so I would like to know before doing that. Should be in about a week.

What, you don't like the symbols.. laugh.gif easy fix if you guys want them removed. How bout a big explosion sound effect...lol I have quite a few of those.. smile.gif
And your tunning down? Man, Christmas must be around the corner.. wink.gif

QUOTE (SensE @ Nov 25 2008, 09:57 PM) *
I like how it's been done. The vocal is awesome I think. The vocal sounds like...Hmm...I can't tell in a second.

Thanks Sense, glad you like it, and yes Munta has an awesome voice! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 26 2008, 04:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
How about a fade to the sound of a fire burning? wink.gif smile.gif Hence smoke, burn baby burn and then a water sizzle when it hits the flame.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 27 2008, 03:24 AM
What do you guys think about this ending?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  New_SOTW_Student_Collab_Ending.mp3 ( 283.84K ) Number of downloads: 146

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Nov 27 2008, 03:28 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 27 2008, 03:24 AM) *
What do you guys think about this ending?

I like it...

heres another solo i made and decided not to use...

youre welcome to use it if you need it

I made these when the collab first came out

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 14 2009, 07:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:01 AM