Modal Backing Tracks!
Jesse
Apr 25 2009, 09:40 AM
GMC:er
Hey, I'm working on modes and stuff now. And The best way to get comfortable is to jam with it! So, if any of you got backing tracks for specific modes, please post them!

found a cool website, www.freejamming.com biggrin.gif

I could still use some faster backing tracks:D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 25 2009, 09:43 AM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 25 2009, 12:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 25 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Hey, I'm working on modes and stuff now. And The best way to get comfortable is to jam with it! So, if any of you got backing tracks for specific modes, please post them!

Cool find! Did you notice the drum beat drop down menu where you can choose different styles of drums for the same backing ?

QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 25 2009, 10:40 AM) *

Cool find! Did you notice the drum beat drop down menu where you can choose different styles of drums for the same backing ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 25 2009, 12:34 PM
yeah!:D But theonly thing is that the tempo is still the same, I mean, it could be faster:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 26 2009, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (Site @ Apr 25 2009, 01:34 PM) *
The C IONIAN mode has its 4th as the color tone. So, any structure containing 'F natural' in its structure could resolve to the C IONIAN tonic ( c,e,g ) use -> ( dm7, F, Fmaj7, G7, Bm7(b5))

The D DORIAN mode has the 6th as its color tone. So, any structure containing 'B natural' in its structure could rsolve to the D DORIAN Tonic ( d,f,a ) use -> ( G7, Em7, Cmaj7, Bm7(b5))

The E PHRYGIAN mode has the 'flatted 2' as its color tone. Any strcture containing 'F natural' in its structure could resolve to the E PHRYGIAN tonic. ( e,g,b ) use -> ( dm7, G7, Bm7(b5), F, Fmaj7)

The F LYDIAN mode has a 'raised 4th' as its color tone. Any structure containing 'B natural' in its structure could resolve to the F LYDIAN Tonic ( f,a,c ) use -> ( G7, Bm7(b5), Em7, Cmaj7 )

The G MIXOLYDIAN mode has a 'flatted 7th' as its color tone. Any structure containing 'F natural' in its structure could resolve to the G MIXO tonic ( g,b,d ) use -> ( dm7, G7, Bm7(b5), F, Fmaj7 )

The A AEOLIAN mode has a 'flatted 6th' as its color tone. Any structure containing 'F natural' in its structure could resolve to the A AEOLIAN tonic ( a,c,e ) use -> ( dm7, G7, Bm7(b5), F, Fmaj7 )

The B LOCRIAN mode has a 'flatted 5th' as its color tone. Any structure containing 'F natural' in its structure could resolve to the B LOCRIAN tonic ( b,d,f ) use -> ( dm7, G7, Bm7(b5), F, Fmaj7 )

There you go. Make your own backings!

This post has been edited by kjutte: Apr 26 2009, 10:01 AM

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 26 2009, 10:04 AM
tongue.gif Thanks KJ, Too bad I cant do drums and bass, but they're not neccisairy

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 26 2009, 10:05 AM
Bass just follows chord rootnote, and drums, just use presets in AD.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 26 2009, 10:32 AM
I mean, dont have a bass:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 26 2009, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 26 2009, 11:32 AM) *
I mean, dont have a bass:P

Program it...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 26 2009, 09:36 PM
Instructor
Nice find! smile.gif

The drums are lagging, but it is useful nevertheless, thanks Jesse ! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:40 PM