Malmsteen Statocaster, Gear
Hammerhead
Feb 6 2009, 06:27 AM
GMC:er
Hello to all!
I have been saving my money and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a new Malmsteen Stratocaster. I live on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean (Maui, HI) and I don't have any chance to walk into my local store and try one out. I am asking if anyone has any experience with the scalloped fretboard, and what the difference is like. I have read some reviews and it sounds like many guitarist who have tried it really love it. Is there anything I should know? My Brother recently bought the DG-335 through Guitar center and he got a pretty good "run around" after paying up front. They took his money then couldn't tell him when the guitar would come in, then afters many weeks it turned out that Gibson have never received the order...I'm not sure I would shop through them... any good advice my brothers...and sisters! cool.gif

Hammerhead

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
Feb 6 2009, 07:42 AM
... PLAY LOUD!:D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 6 2009, 11:33 AM
Instructor
That fretboard is sometimes more diffcult to play but it sounds great. Your bendings are nice and smooth almost like a slide guitar because you're not touching the wood, just the frets edges.

About the shoping I don't really know. If you pay with the credit card you should have some reference where the money went and your bank can take further actions.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 6 2009, 12:46 PM
Instructor
Scalloped fretboard will feel very different than a normal one when you play for the first time, but after a while you should get used to it. Lot of people who have scalloped here on the forum have discussed it and said that the feel is great and controlling is a lot better. Regarding that strat, I think it is a great instrument, takes some time adapting to it, but it is definitely a quality one.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 6 2009, 02:28 PM
You'll get used to the scallops. Wether you can live with only 21 frets or not is another issue though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 6 2009, 02:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
The guitar sounds great but I play very heavy handed (i like to fret down very hard) but on a scalloped neck you have to fret very easily or the note will go out of tune...on the other hand, vibrato becomes easier and legato is far more easier!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Feb 6 2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks all, I'll dig on some of the previous forums as well. Anybody have a decent picture of Sonic Blue? It seems like each picture I look at on the web shows a different color?

Hammerhead

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:59 AM