Me Playing Guitar
TreyDeschamp
Mar 22 2009, 06:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry for posting this guys because I am truly terrible at guitar. Can anyone give me some positive criticism on what I could do better with my rhythm I have terrible rythem when playing guitar. This is just a short metal piece I did this morning thanks guys!

mellow.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gh-6tjqqLc...re=channel_page

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 06:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 22 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Sorry for posting this guys because I am truly terrible at guitar. Can anyone give me some positive criticism on what I could do better with my rhythm I have terrible rythem when playing guitar. This is just a short metal piece I did this morning thanks guys!

mellow.gif https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gh-6tjqqLc...re=channel_page

I think the biggest thing that will help you improve is to relax your picking arm. I can see the way you pick, that you are tensing up a bit. We all do it at first, but try to get in the habit of moving your arm around a bit when you catch yourself.

Your not terrible dude, I thought it was decent and nice axe!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Mar 22 2009, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
I don´t think, as the title says, that you ´suck at guitar´. Not at all actually...

About the rhytm bit, you could try practicing with a metronome for starters, that should get you started. Also playing along with songs you like and backing tracks of them should help alot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 22 2009, 07:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Mar 22 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I think the biggest thing that will help you improve is to relax your picking arm. I can see the way you pick, that you are tensing up a bit. We all do it at first, but try to get in the habit of moving your arm around a bit when you catch yourself.

I agree mate, not bad at all, good timing, good positive downstrokes and a cool sound, think you're being a bit hard on your self mate!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 22 2009, 07:34 PM
Lets go fishing!

I will put this in the practice forum so you get more veiws smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 22 2009, 07:47 PM
QUOTE (Sircraigery @ Mar 22 2009, 12:41 PM) *

Thanks, Yeah I notice that when I'm done playing my arm always feels really stiff thus making it harder to practice.

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 22 2009, 01:34 PM) *
I will put this in the practice forum so you get more veiws smile.gif

Thanks man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 22 2009, 07:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
I would definatly start to practice with a metrone and as already mentioned relax more. From watching you play I can see you are really keen and enjoying what you are doing, and that is the main thing - enjoyment smile.gif

I think your doing well, I would recommened always practice to a metronome, drum beat or backing track to tighten up your playing. Work on playing clean and building your control smile.gif

The best sounding players are those with good timeing and control over there instraments. smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 22 2009, 08:03 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 22 2009, 01:55 PM) *
I would definatly start to practice with a metrone and as already mentioned relax more. From watching you play I can see you are really keen and enjoying what you are doing, and that is the main thing - enjoyment smile.gif

I think your doing well, I would recommened always practice to a metronome, drum beat or backing track to tighten up your playing. Work on playing clean and building your control smile.gif

The best sounding players are those with good timeing and control over there instraments. smile.gif

If only I wouldnt have lost my metronome when I was moving! I'll head to the music store sometime this week to pick one up.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 22 2009, 08:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 22 2009, 07:03 PM) *
If only I wouldnt have lost my metronome when I was moving! I'll head to the music store sometime this week to pick one up.

Awsome, it really is a fantastic tool. I couldnt be without mine smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 22 2009, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 22 2009, 02:06 PM) *
Awsome, it really is a fantastic tool. I couldnt be without mine smile.gif

Hopefully I can find one similar it was a Korg and it was amazing! I loved it.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 22 2009, 09:56 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 22 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Hopefully I can find one similar it was a Korg and it was amazing! I loved it.

Was it a blue Korg? fantastic metronome smile.gif

Count with me, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 23 2009, 12:30 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 22 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Was it a blue Korg? fantastic metronome smile.gif

Count with me, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes it was and Oh my God I just found it in a box right out in the open haha wow!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 23 2009, 12:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 23 2009, 12:30 AM) *
Yes it was and Oh my God I just found it in a box right out in the open haha wow!

Awesome!! I have the same metronome its great! smile.gif You are playing pretty well , far beyond how you describe it..You should not underestimate yourself!!! Metronome practice will do wonders for your rhythm !

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:34 PM