Some Help Transcribing For Band Audition.
Jesse
Jan 12 2010, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
What the title says, got a meet and audition with this blues band and got to know 2 of their tunes. I can transcribe em but it goes slow and 'm really busy.

Let's cut the excuses,
I C0ULD use some help.

the songs are on here: http://www.highwaygang.nl/index.php?mod=co...amp;item_id=123

I already did the boxer but i need to know "handle with care" and "tenderly" too.

the audition is on Saturday and help will be highly appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jesse
Jan 13 2010, 03:43 PM
I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 13 2010, 05:20 PM
help ;P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 13 2010, 07:42 PM
O

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 13 2010, 08:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
What shall be transcribed and how??? Just the chords? On a sheet or tabbed?? Those are some simple blues tunes with easy forms..

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 13 2010, 08:14 PM
Rather tab, the main guitar parts. So all notes:P
Those 2 tunes, tenderly and handle with care. Guitar pro whutever.

Dont need rythm or timing in the tab itself, just notes will be perfect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 13 2010, 11:14 PM
Learning Roadie
you could get others to transcribe it, but dont you think that the band would be better suited with you doing it yourself?

I bet they wont care if you miss some notes.. if they can see you are working hard now, they will see past that, because they now know you'll continue to work hard and eventually get them (or even do your own thing in them, perhaps improving them?)

either way, you will have gained some transcribing knowledge, which is awesome btw.. wink.gif

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Jan 13 2010, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
zen
Jan 14 2010, 12:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry Jesse, I really feel bad man .. Wish I could help. I really dont have the transcribing skills at the moment .. If i did it, you probably wont get the gig, so it's best I stay away ... Maybe in the future ... All the best mate !!

If you want it bad enough, sacrifice a few of your other chores/activities in the next days to spend time on this. It will be well worth it.

And if you cant transcribe all of them for whatever reason, just be honest with them, they'll appreciate it.. if they have a quarter of a sensible brain.

This post has been edited by zen: Jan 14 2010, 12:37 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2010, 07:39 AM
yeaah fail.

I mean, it might be better but who cares at the moment? I need to audition and getting in is the only thing that counts, not the little devil on my shoulder saying ooooohh you didnt do those 2 songs completely by yourself .

I mean, I can barely hear the chords played let alone transcribe em.
I still want help. Thank,s

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 14 2010, 08:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 14 2010, 07:39 AM) *
yeaah fail.

I mean, it might be better but who cares at the moment? I need to audition and getting in is the only thing that counts, not the little devil on my shoulder saying ooooohh you didnt do those 2 songs completely by yourself .

I mean, I can barely hear the chords played let alone transcribe em.
I still want help. Thank,s

I will try to give some help tonight Jesse, at least some pointers, have to do some work in the daytime. But I also think that they don't expect You to play exactly as the old player, since this is blues and You are supposed to do Your "own" thing out of it. Beeing positive and adopt the other players ideas is most important here - when I'm looking for band members, I really appreciate a good laugh, a good coomon feeling and the same sense for music rather than technical skills - it can always be learned, but beeing a good person and a true band member is way harder....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2010, 03:31 PM
yeah, thank's ^^

I know, but I need to know em and I'm starting to trancsribe tonight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 14 2010, 06:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm doing "Tenderly" for ya right now Jesse, stay in tune....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2010, 07:28 PM
THANKS! A BUNCH!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2010, 07:58 PM
I kind of got the key for handle with care, it is probably C or c#

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 14 2010, 08:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 14 2010, 07:58 PM) *
I kind of got the key for handle with care, it is probably C or c#

Here it tunes in D..... And "Tenderly" tunes in F, which seems to be right according to the notes the guitar player plays..... Remember that this is harmonica based music, so the tunes are probably in the harmonica players best key's..... (or harmonicas.. tongue.gif )

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 14 2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that's true!
Thank's!:0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 14 2010, 09:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's the transcription Jesse, Im doing it the old-fashion way since its a real quicky, so I hope You can read it.... btw. most musicians do it this way (they aren't still used to computers), so You will probably see a LOT worser than this in Your future career... tongue.gif

Some notes:
The song is actually based on just two chords (F7 and Bb7) over 16 bars with some solos and interludes between the choruses and in the intro.
The harmonica plays some sort of melody in the beginning and in the first interlude.
The guitar part is very easy, and emphasizes the 2 and 4 of the beat most of the time. In the intro the guitar dubs the bass and it is probably two guitar tracks - one dubbing the bass and one playing the off-beat, but it can easily be played in the same pattern. (see the end of last page) Imo. the guitar can be made a lot better with some fantasy, and You can easily make some patterns of Your own....
The solo just implies the major pentatonic of F with some blue notes here and there. ( Ab and B which is in fact a lowered C....) You will do fine with just the F-blues scale however.....

The form of the song is:

Intro
Chorus
Interlude (Harmonica)
Chorus
Harmonica solo on Chorus (16 bars)
Chorus
Guitar Solo (32 bars)
Chorus + Outro and ritardando

This is a very simple song, and as I seen You play "Rude Mood" today, this would not cause You any problem......

If there's anything you want to ask... just shoot.....
... and best of luck of course!!!

//Staffay

EDIT: If You need better resolution, just PM me Your mail, and I send some full resolution copies.....

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jan 14 2010, 09:14 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 15 2010, 03:12 PM
Nailed it:D

ANy chance you workin on handle with care too? I'm kinda working on it as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2010, 03:14 PM
Instructor
great transcription Staffy! I wish I could write the notes as easily as you! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 15 2010, 03:54 PM
So Do I! I figured out the F chord wasnt a F7... F7 with an F on d string.
Also figured out the ehm, bass harmony and the solo by ear:) Ready for handle with care.

I know it's in D, I got some of the licks, and the chords are close but a note needs to be changed here and theere. I can now play a solo thats about 79 % similar. I know what notes are used and what notes he ends on.

Got the feeling its more of a 12 bar blues in D using chords with added 9's n stuff

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jan 15 2010, 03:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:29 PM