Papa Roach
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Do you like Papa Roach?

I was a big fan of their first two album... and now they edited a new one. What do you think of the new stuff?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Christophe
Oct 2 2012, 04:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I only listen to a few songs from them (and I forgot the titles).

I can hear they really evolved because it sounds more "fresh" and it makes me think of Linkin Park now while it was more "dark" before. I can't explain it really well sorry ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 2 2012, 04:41 PM
Learning Roadie
It's got a more pop element to it

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2012, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Oct 2 2012, 12:22 PM) *
I only listen to a few songs from them (and I forgot the titles).

I can hear they really evolved because it sounds more "fresh" and it makes me think of Linkin Park now while it was more "dark" before. I can't explain it really well sorry ^^

so you think that they sound more like Linkin Park now?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Christophe
Oct 2 2012, 04:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah that's right. Partly because of these eletronic sounds.

This post has been edited by Christophe: Oct 2 2012, 04:46 PM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2012, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Christophe @ Oct 2 2012, 12:45 PM) *

ahh yeah, they are now using some cool electronic sounds...

QUOTE (Christophe @ Oct 2 2012, 12:45 PM) *

ahh yeah, they are now using some cool electronic sounds...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 2 2012, 10:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I loved their first album, and they evolved quite a bit over time. They became more of a straight rock band. Will have to check out their latest album, but they are a band I always liked despite the style changes (unlike Linkin Park laugh.gif )

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 3 2012, 09:20 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 2 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Hey guys! Do you like Papa Roach?

I was a big fan of their first two album... and now they edited a new one. What do you think of the new stuff?

Interesting..that song kinda reminded me of Thousand Foot Krutch too smile.gif i like TFK

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2012, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 3 2012, 05:20 AM) *
Interesting..that song kinda reminded me of Thousand Foot Krutch too smile.gif i like TFK

What's TFK?? I don't know it...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 4 2012, 01:05 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 3 2012, 06:27 PM) *
What's TFK?? I don't know it...

These guys right here, I think you should check them out you might like them or at least some of their songs smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 4 2012, 01:26 AM
It's not bad, perfer their older stuff. I guess they're "still swinging".

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2012, 01:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 3 2012, 09:05 PM) *
These guys right here, I think you should check them out you might like them or at least some of their songs smile.gif

This track blown my mind Grace!!! They are so powerful live! And that guitar player is very cool. Thanks a lot. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 4 2012, 09:23 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 4 2012, 12:52 AM) *
This track blown my mind Grace!!! They are so powerful live! And that guitar player is very cool. Thanks a lot. smile.gif

Awesome!! Glad you liked it! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 4 2012, 05:23 AM) *
Awesome!! Glad you liked it! biggrin.gif

yeah, they sounds reall good, and it seems that they are also very popular... that stadium is full.... don't know why I've never heard about them...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 6 2012, 06:20 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 4 2012, 02:43 PM) *
yeah, they sounds reall good, and it seems that they are also very popular... that stadium is full.... don't know why I've never heard about them...

smile.gif Yo eh sido fanatica de ellos desde el principio pero ellos se mueven mas en la musica sacra tal vez por eso no son tan famosos o no los conoces pero vale la pena escucharlos son bien definidos en su estilo..yo estoy loca por verlos en vivo! biggrin.gif

They rock I want to see them performing live I've been listening to them since they started they've always had their own style, I like that they don't change much and that they are considered a Christian band. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2012, 07:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 6 2012, 02:20 AM) *
smile.gif Yo eh sido fanatica de ellos desde el principio pero ellos se mueven mas en la musica sacra tal vez por eso no son tan famosos o no los conoces pero vale la pena escucharlos son bien definidos en su estilo..yo estoy loca por verlos en vivo! biggrin.gif

They rock I want to see them performing live I've been listening to them since they started they've always had their own style, I like that they don't change much and that they are considered a Christian band. smile.gif

hey! hablas muy bien en español! yeah, that must be the reason, there are some Good Christian bands here too but it seems that if you are not a Christian that usually goes to church you don't reach them.... it seems that they move in their own environment. I don't know why...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Grace
Oct 7 2012, 07:22 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2012, 06:16 PM) *
hey! hablas muy bien en español! yeah, that must be the reason, there are some Good Christian bands here too but it seems that if you are not a Christian that usually goes to church you don't reach them.... it seems that they move in their own environment. I don't know why...

Yeah I guess it's a lot easier for them to get into christian activities than secular and also christian people ask for them to come perform too so I guess that's why mostly...oh and by the way this papa roach song is really cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2012, 01:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Oct 7 2012, 03:22 AM) *
Yeah I guess it's a lot easier for them to get into christian activities than secular and also christian people ask for them to come perform too so I guess that's why mostly...oh and by the way this papa roach song is really cool smile.gif

hehe check out the other songs from the new album, I'm enjoying it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Oct 8 2012, 05:42 AM
Hey, nice band indeed!

As regarding Papa Roach they are one of my biggest influences, they have two great albums: getting away with murder and Infest. I love how they mix the rap stuff and the modern metal. Also Jacobi it´s an amazing singer.

However it seems that they cannot reinvent the band, it´s like all the albums are quite similar, they repeat always the same formula and I got a bit tired of them, let´s see with the new album what happens..This song hasn´t impressed me at al, it´s just more of the same stuffl

Podemos hablar Español ahora en el foro!!??? smile.gif ahí si que puedo escribir sin errores biggrin.gif .

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Oct 8 2012, 01:42 AM) *
Podemos hablar Español ahora en el foro!!??? smile.gif ahí si que puedo escribir sin errores biggrin.gif .

no! we can't speak spanish at the forum! nobody would understand us!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:05 AM