***anouncement***, Virtual Bands Live!
skennington
Dec 30 2008, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi their GMC,

As some of you are aware, we are going to be changing the Virtual Band section a bit to offer and encourage a wider range of participation. smile.gif

Here I will list the guidelines for joining which can also be found In This Thread and then try to explain them a bit....

The ultimate goal for this venture is mainly to have fun, its a way of playing with other people across the internet and putting into practice all your hard work, but apart from that I think it will help us develop as players.

Here, you can get involved with something with an objective, you can still keep all your practice routines going, carry on learning lessons developing new techniques then use these bands to put it all together cool.gif

In order to keep it all pleasant and fun, some basic guidlines have been set forth so we ask that each participating member be aware of them. smile.gif

It may be worth a quick read through the collaboration guidlines as the principle involved here is pretty much the same.

The new format will consist of three bands:
  • Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced
Each month we will have an open sign-up for Band Leaders for each Band, then, a Leader will be picked at random.

Members can sign up under there respective level (please be honest here) and a group of 5 will be randomly picked. This will be the group for that month. At this point, it will be up to the group to decide on what they want to do. We hope that this will open up more opportunity for other members to join in. smile.gif

"Band Leaders" will be responsible for organizing their bands, setting "record by dates" etc (with help if needed of course), They will also need recording facilities/software etc a reasonable knowledge of recording would be good to either do final mixes for your group or help other members to do it, also to set up drum tracks and bass backing if necessary and will need to communicate with the band members over songs, song parts etc. A thread will be set up for each band, that can be used to discuss song parts and what not. Keep in mind that being the leader will require a little more work on your part. smile.gif

"Band Members" will need to have facilities/software to record their parts and send them to the "Band Leader" Suggestions etc involvement in song disscussions is the key to this working well.

Please remember these bands are for you to enjoy and hopefully help all of us gain a further understanding of playing with others.

Can I also remind you that should you decide a cover song not to post the tabs on GMC but use an outside resource such as ultimate-guitar.com - Thanks

If and when you are picked,members will need to be active in their threads,(Please Subscribe To The Thread) this is to keep communication going so everyone knows whats going on, recording of parts will need to be uploaded within a decent timescale (this should be regulated by the appointed Band Leader), communication is basically the key here, its not fair on active members to wait endlessly for the odd one to upload their takes without good reason, things happen that are beyond our control sometimes, so just let people know!

Band Leaders will need to follow up their members if activity from them is too slow, Band Leaders needing help with this can ask to chase up if required but should try and deal with the problem directly if possible, removal from a band for a member that has shown no signs of involvement at all could well be a possibility depending upon the nature of their disappearance, We will not enjoy one little bit removing someone so please DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN GUYS & GALS !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sign-up threads are now open

Beginner: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showforum=101
Intermediate: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=136
Advanced: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=137

As you can see, we are trying to offer opportunities for members to join in that are not currently members of other bands.

As far as the current bands, those threads will be left open for you to continue on with any work that you have but please understand, it will be up to you to maintain them. wink.gif
I will be focusing more on the new bands but still here to help if needed. I also encourage you guys to take part in the new format as well. smile.gif

If all goes well, this should produce something new and exiting from each level on a monthly basis.. biggrin.gif

Now, bring on the questions... laugh.gif

Cheers guys,
Steve

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Dec 30 2008, 11:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- skennington   ***anouncement***   Dec 30 2008, 07:36 PM
- - Fran   This is looking good Skennington! I'll m...   Dec 30 2008, 07:55 PM
- - UncleSkillet   Nice job with the new layout Steve. Very simple...   Dec 30 2008, 08:01 PM
- - skennington   QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 30 2008, 01:55 PM) This...   Dec 30 2008, 08:23 PM
- - Smells   This is great mate, hopefully this will kick start...   Dec 30 2008, 08:28 PM
- - Tolek   Yeeha, I can´t wait to join a band!   Dec 30 2008, 08:36 PM
- - jer   come sign up Tolek!   Dec 30 2008, 08:46 PM
|- - Tolek   QUOTE (jer @ Dec 30 2008, 08:46 PM) come ...   Dec 30 2008, 08:50 PM
nnn
- - jer   I see that. Weird, when I looked both sign up thre...   Dec 30 2008, 08:56 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Excellent initiative Skennington!!! Lo...   Dec 30 2008, 10:34 PM
- - Dexxter   Great, I've signed up in Intermediate By the...   Dec 30 2008, 11:10 PM
|- - skennington   QUOTE (Dexxter @ Dec 30 2008, 05:10 PM) G...   Dec 30 2008, 11:38 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   Great initiative Skenn,we need more GMC bands...   Dec 30 2008, 11:50 PM
nnn
nnn
- - berko   This monthly basis is a great idea! Let's ...   Dec 30 2008, 11:38 PM
- - jer   Indeed. Then we can have the BATTLE OF THE BANDS...   Dec 31 2008, 12:40 AM
- - Ajmurrell   Awesome work man Looking forward to getting invol...   Dec 31 2008, 01:44 AM
- - Pedja Simovic   This sounds like lots of fun ! Can't wait...   Dec 31 2008, 10:22 AM
- - Velvet Roger   This looks awesome Steve! I really would li...   Dec 31 2008, 10:41 AM
|- - skennington   QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Dec 31 2008, 04:41 ...   Dec 31 2008, 02:20 PM
nnn
- - Iluha   I gotta say that I don't think this idea is ve...   Dec 31 2008, 04:48 PM
- - jer   I'd like to see both. Have the moderated/org...   Dec 31 2008, 04:51 PM
|- - skennington   QUOTE (jer @ Dec 31 2008, 10:51 AM) I...   Dec 31 2008, 05:19 PM
|- - Canis   QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 31 2008, 05:19 P...   Dec 31 2008, 11:11 PM
nnn
nnn
- - berko   QUOTE (jer @ Dec 31 2008, 04:51 PM) I...   Dec 31 2008, 04:55 PM
- - jer   I see the revolving band thing as a way to get new...   Dec 31 2008, 05:39 PM
- - skennington   **Bump** Going to leave the sign-up's open ti...   Jan 2 2009, 04:11 PM
- - skennington   OK guys and gals, sign-up's will close tonight...   Jan 10 2009, 08:07 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:10 PM