Caught In A Rut, Good advise on improvising/jam with friends.
Eric Vitola
Sep 25 2009, 05:24 PM
GMC:er
To whom could help with my frustration,
I have been playing for about 7 years. Background Classical and Flamenco. I am trying to play blues/funk, however, I don't know where to start when trying to improvise. I know all pentatonic scales(major& minor), intermediate on theory and site reading. I just can't put it together or when I know the key I'm playing in I will play a scale and it's either to slow or just doesn't flow right.

Could someone help with maybe a practice plan to help me make sense of how to play and understand how to put all together. I usually can practice at least an hour per day and two hours a day on the weekends.

Thanks for your help,

Eric Vitola

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 26 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Have you checked some of my blues and funk lessons?

Go here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/video-lessons.htm

and type into search: "blues (or funk) Ivan"

let me know via PM if you have any issues at all, and I will try to help you with your practice plan as well. Cheers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Eric Vitola
Sep 26 2009, 09:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 26 2009, 11:29 AM) *
Have you checked some of my blues and funk lessons?

Go here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/video-lessons.htm

and type into search: "blues (or funk) Ivan"

let me know via PM if you have any issues at all, and I will try to help you with your practice plan as well. Cheers.

Ivan,

Thanks for your advise. Your lessons look great, I love Red Hot Chilli Peppers and SRV.
I appreciate your offer to help me with a practice schedule, I could practice 1 to 2 hours during the week and 3 hours a day on weekends. I would still like to maintain my Classical and Flamenco? Thanks again for your help?

Eric Vitola

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:02 PM