2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Fab0ts Take On Muris's Paul Gilbert Lesson
fatb0t
Feb 7 2009, 09:47 PM
GMC:er

A lot of errors but it's the best I can do after 2 months hahaha

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 7 2009, 09:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
That's awesome man! I can only dream of playing like that! tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 7 2009, 09:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice take Johnathan. You rock man!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 7 2009, 10:00 PM
Instructor
2 months of practicing this or 2 months of playing in general? smile.gif

Nice take tho, I would try it a bit slower,
just to clean up some faster parts a bit more, keep it up!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 7 2009, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Nice job! smile.gif
Would love to hear your take of a slower version. Nailing the fast parts slow will offcourse get your odds up at nailing the full tempo version better.
And also, your guitar seems a tad out of tune. Not much, just a few cents to low.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Feb 7 2009, 10:54 PM
great job man

--------------------

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 7 2009, 11:04 PM
The playing itself is really nice for me smile.gif
Just get your guitar tuned and it will work biggrin.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 7 2009, 11:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Yeah the guitar is bit out of tune I think ( I don't have a good ear, so I can be wrong;) ). I would also advice playing in with a slower backing, but without all the little mistakes You made.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 7 2009, 11:50 PM
yeah I really lose it at the end. I will try again smile.gif

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Feb 8 2009, 12:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey, that was great! I'm sure you will have it down perfectly in no time. Keep on rockin'.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 8 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
good attempt smile.gif I think you can get there soon, just practicle slowly. This wasn't bad at all

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 8 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
Very nice take!
As Muris said, a little cleaning up is necessary, but that's an awesome take though!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 8 2009, 02:43 AM
\m/ \m/

RAWK!!!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 8 2009, 02:50 AM
Instructor
I think you did nice job with this track for time being.
I would like to hear your next take as close as possible to original, in order words phrasing spot on even if you miss a note or two melodically. Perhaps you can ask Muris for backing and post just your playing with backing track ? That should definitely help clear up some things smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 8 2009, 08:09 AM
Nice work ! smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 8 2009, 09:04 AM
I will definitely try, this is the first lesson that really challenged me that I tried to learn all the way through, I learned how to do five string sweeps w/ taps from it. I'm glad for all the feedback, I will definitely try to work on the accuracy of each note. Any more specific pointers would be appreciated....

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 8 2009, 06:02 PM
How do you like that schecter hellraiser? I love my C-1 classic but I want to get a guitar with a tighter more heavy sound and active pickups. Without the floyd though. Is it a 2007 or 2008 model? Because I'm looking for a 2007 they're cheaper and I don't need coil tapping. I'm not sure if they've changed other things as well. I know that the 2009 models have got locking tuners which would be cool but not worth the price difference.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 8 2009, 06:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 8 2009, 09:04 AM) *
I will definitely try, this is the first lesson that really challenged me that I tried to learn all the way through, I learned how to do five string sweeps w/ taps from it. I'm glad for all the feedback, I will definitely try to work on the accuracy of each note. Any more specific pointers would be appreciated....

Nothing in particular, take it VERY slow until you can play it
clean and accurate note by note, then up the speed. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 8 2009, 09:46 PM
Instructor
I agree with others, it was very good, but take it slowly, and really focus on doing every note nice and clean. It will pay out after a while, just watch so you don't get unprecise. Keep rockin man, this was very good !

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 8 2009, 09:56 PM
QUOTE (29a @ Feb 8 2009, 12:02 PM) *
How do you like that schecter hellraiser? I love my C-1 classic but I want to get a guitar with a tighter more heavy sound and active pickups. Without the floyd though. Is it a 2007 or 2008 model? Because I'm looking for a 2007 they're cheaper and I don't need coil tapping. I'm not sure if they've changed other things as well. I know that the 2009 models have got locking tuners which would be cool but not worth the price difference.

- Jonas

Yeah it's a 2008 with the coil tap. I really like this guitar actually - I purchased it on a whim off eBay as 'B stock guitar' for like 550 USD. The original floyd rose has great tuning stability, the EMGs are AWESOME. Every says they can only do metal, this is flat out not the truth. When I roll back the volume and pull the coil tap (single coil mode) I get a beautiful clean done that rivals my Stratocaster. Be careful with the floyd rose system, if you don't need it don't get a guitar with it. I don't mind it but it takes 30 or 40% longer to restring.

Thanks for the advice guys

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:37 AM