To Teach The Right Way - Muris Schedule Tips, an every day practice
Ramblingman
Feb 20 2008, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif hi muri..i think you get the point in my topic? blink.gif i have played guitar, but not i the right way, i want to improve. So i just was wondering that you cud help us gmc`ers to make a guitar-schedule. Just like a training program if you get the idea cool.gif . And give us some video lessons tips. forexample i want to improve my sweeping and speedpicking. And most of all THEORY THEORY THEORY!! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor
Hi there and welcome to GMC. smile.gif

I can't tell you a lot from my personal experience
cause I haven't had any practicing schedule so far. sad.gif

BUT I do teach many guys in private and I can see the weak points,
specially when it comes to motivation.

1st tip,try to learn as many songs/solos by ear.
2nd tip,be sure to have at least 10mins of picking practicing everyday(if possible),picking suffers the most.
3rd tip,don't push your self over limits too much,do stuff that fits your level.
4th tip,always do some warming-up but do it wisely,let it be music or a constructive mix of exercises.

Those are some tips,but main thing is to have a goal and to be motivated.
The more you practice,the better you get,it's simple as that. smile.gif

As for the theory,first onto simple stuff like major/minor chords and scales,pentatonics etc.
Later on you do some researching on 7th chords,modes...

Andrew's theory lessons are great place,be sure to spend a lot of time in there. biggrin.gif
And use forum as much as possible,ask all the time,answers will come in a sec,this is GMC. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 20 2008, 03:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I thought it'd be better than starting a new thread. Do you think it's better to work on only a few techniques at a time or many? Right now im mainly working on sweeping and alternate picking. Is this good or should I throw everything else in to? thanks smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2008, 04:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That is really some well thought out, great advise Mirus. I'm glad I dipped in an read this.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ramblingman
Feb 20 2008, 11:39 AM
GMC:er
tnx muris biggrin.gif this is GMC hehe cool.gif

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 20 2008, 12:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the tips Muris ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor
You're welcome guys. smile.gif

Stevie·Ray·Vaughn,I remember that sometimes I used to practice sweeping for 5 hours in a row,only sweeps.
And then I mixed few techniques practicing in one hour...
So it depends a lot of your current mood,what are you listening to etc...
Listen to good players,the ones who'll inspire you to reach more. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 20 2008, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Muris has excellent suggestions there!
I would add to that a guitar log in which you keep track of progress and most importantly write a guitar schedule for the next day and stick to it.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:10 AM