Digitech Jamman
AIB234
Jun 30 2007, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
I'm looking at getting something like this for a lot less money.

The Jamman is like $350CDN and I am not willing to spend that much but I would like something that can record something I play and then let me play over it.

Do you guys know of any cost effective ways to do this?

I know I can record into my computer, but I'd like something that's more real time. I have not been able to find a pedal under $300 to do so.

Also, can someone explain to me what MIDI is? I know that they are sounds and what not, but how does that all relate to pedals and guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 30 2007, 10:18 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jun 30 2007, 04:32 PM) *
Also, can someone explain to me what MIDI is? I know that they are sounds and what not, but how does that all relate to pedals and guitar?

MIDI is sound data - it is a standard invemted for keyboards that conveys information like "play a note of C# at half loudness" - "now stop". It is used with sequencers basically.

You can get guitars that output midi and you could use them to control a synth, but that doesn't sound like what you are looking for ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 30 2007, 11:10 PM
I talked to my mom and she said she'd buy me an early birthday gift! Awesome.

For those who don't know, the Jam Man can record up to 99 tracks and loops them.

You can import drum tracks and what not via USB and basically have a band with only yourself.

I plan to use it to record my own backing tracks and improvise over them in real time. It's really cool.

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 1 2007, 05:13 AM
Update:

I went to a music seminar done by Michael Gungor who is quite a famous and skilled guitar player from Denver, Colorado.

After the seminar I went to the music store and I was looking at the Jam Man and he was there looking at it as well.

I saw him walk out with a box which contained a pedal but it didn't look big enough to be the Jam Man. Needless to say I wasn't going to buy it then anyways because it's $350.

About an hour after getting home I thought screw it I am going to go get it, so I call the music store and he bought it! Argh!

I love Michael Gungor, but that weenie bought the pedal I wanted! Haha.

Oh well. I ordered in another one so this week will be AWESOME!

New Ibanez RG350DX (Mini-JEM), Jam Man, AND it's a short week due to Canada Day! Sweeet!

I'll write up a gear review for the Jam Man this week.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:48 PM