3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
80's Rock Collaboration, FINAL MIX and COMMENTS
Pedja Simovic
Nov 26 2008, 10:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 26 2008, 01:49 PM) *
Woah! Absolutely great comments, Pedja. Some of the best comments on collabs so far. My intro was meant to be kinda off and unexpected actually. Also the two guitars were meant to not be totally harmonic, but have a certain feel of early 90s prog a la Psychotic Waltz smile.gif

Will listen and read all of the comments soon!

Thank you Ben. Glad you enjoyed comments. I think you did great job with unexpected intro and it sounded totally different and experimental. Good job , see you in future collabs.

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 26 2008, 02:43 PM) *
Awesome collab , everybody did an awesome work , Im listening it again. And thanks a lot for the comments Pedja , is always nice to hear what you are doing wrong so you know what you have to improve.

Thanks again and congratulations everyone and Pedja.

Thank you Coffeeman. I am so glad you are taking comments right way. I look forward to your playing in future collabs.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 26 2008, 03:12 PM) *
Unfortunately I think I will have low confidence with my guitaring for a long time. It was still messy what I played. I think the ideas were fine but the playing not so.

OC I hope I didn't do anything to cause that feeling. I think your songwriting was great in this collab. You mentioned some technique difficulties - I think you just need to focus on practicing technique for a while and it will show in your solos even more. Personally I really like what you did in this collab and I see no reason that you feel unsatisfied at all !
Thanks buddy

QUOTE (kjutte @ Nov 26 2008, 03:27 PM) *
Thanks again for great feedback, pedja!

You welcome kjutte. smile.gif

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Nov 26 2008, 04:57 PM) *
Thanks for the feedback pedja, I will definitely try and work on my phrasing.

Thank you for participating in this cool collab Matt. I will look for phrasing improvement from you in next collab
wink.gif
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Nov 26 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Pedja, many thanks for the enormously useful comments!!!!

I totally agree with all of them (and I am quite happy that you liked the sound, as I am still struggling big time with getting a good quality sound from my EJ strat on a recording).

After I recorded the track, I listened several times and noticed as well that the bends definitely needs some work.

However the most important comment about my phrasing will keep me busy for a while probably. Funny side-note is that I am actually playing blues and bluesrock and a bit of funk in my band, but I have lessons from a jazz guitar teacher (which probably explains part of your comments smile.gif).

Velvet Roger my pleasure , so happy you took all the comments in and approach them with right angle. I will be more than happy to help you out in future and yes I think your next collab will be very good one with just slight phrasing practice
wink.gif
Funny thing I kinda sensed you had good teacher - explains a lot about repetition development and syncopated rhythms
wink.gif

QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Nov 26 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Thank you very much for the comments Pedja smile.gif You're 100% right and I will work on it!

Thank you buddy for your solo. Glad you took them right way. I look forward to your future solos in collabs.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Nov 27 2008, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 26 2008, 03:33 PM) *
Enforcer... I have to repeat myself, you rock wink.gif

@OC: Just read your comment, now awnser the question: you suck in guitar or not? Awnser is NO!

@kaznie

thank you man but I think I have a long way to go to "rock" biggrin.gif But I do my best anyways biggrin.gif

ps: did you recover from your wrist injury? You may have missed this one but I am sure you'll do great on the next

@OC

I think you got no prob about the idea departement and composing and I understand your worries about playing the part but I believe that speed, control and mastering techniques will come eventually with time and tremendous work.

Don't be harsh on yourself man you got a great solo here and you'll do greater, I just hope we both we'll be ... biggrin.gif

and again Pedja great work!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 27 2008, 03:08 PM
Instructor
I've heard some really cool playing here. Well done Pedja and everybody.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 28 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 27 2008, 03:08 PM) *
I've heard some really cool playing here. Well done Pedja and everybody.

Thanks for checking it out Emir smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 28 2008, 12:23 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 26 2008, 09:32 PM) *
OC I hope I didn't do anything to cause that feeling. I think your songwriting was great in this collab. You mentioned some technique difficulties - I think you just need to focus on practicing technique for a while and it will show in your solos even more. Personally I really like what you did in this collab and I see no reason that you feel unsatisfied at all !
Thanks buddy

Don't worry Pedja. It wasn't down to you. I have a low opinion of myself unfortunately. Hopefully I can change that one day. I really enjoyed doing this collab and that is all that matters I guess smile.gif Having fun.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Nov 28 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey thanks for this great collab, nice mix, awesome comments and insides and your great approach to teaching.
Next time I will spend more time with my take. No excuse but I couldn't invest any time. Didn't even play guitar in the last 2 weeks sad.gif
Anyway, I read all the comments to all the takes and you really nailed everything. Hope there will be another one soon

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Nov 28 2008, 06:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Pedja for the great advise. I wasn't aware of some of those things you pointed out until I listen back after reading your comments. Your 110% right and have already started working on things.

I really like the way you broke your comments down into categories. That was brilliant! wink.gif

Looking forward to your next one. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Nov 28 2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor
great work for every body .congrats

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 30 2008, 12:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 28 2008, 12:23 PM) *
Don't worry Pedja. It wasn't down to you. I have a low opinion of myself unfortunately. Hopefully I can change that one day. I really enjoyed doing this collab and that is all that matters I guess smile.gif Having fun.

No worries buddy. I am very happy with your take and again you shouldn't worry at all about it!

QUOTE (ItsMe @ Nov 28 2008, 05:57 PM) *
Hey thanks for this great collab, nice mix, awesome comments and insides and your great approach to teaching.
Next time I will spend more time with my take. No excuse but I couldn't invest any time. Didn't even play guitar in the last 2 weeks sad.gif
Anyway, I read all the comments to all the takes and you really nailed everything. Hope there will be another one soon

Thank you for the kind words ItsMe. I am excited to hear your playing on next collab.

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Nov 28 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Thanks Pedja for the great advise. I wasn't aware of some of those things you pointed out until I listen back after reading your comments. Your 110% right and have already started working on things.

I really like the way you broke your comments down into categories. That was brilliant! wink.gif

Looking forward to your next one. smile.gif

Thanks buddy , glad you enjoyed it.

I will start another collaboration soon and will be very happy to see you guys in it!

QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Nov 28 2008, 10:05 PM) *
great work for every body .congrats

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:32 PM