8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2020, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
No worries! It's just a few bits out of place but its sorted now. It was probably harder to play the other way. I hope this way makes more sense for your finger! I love running scales using this smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 11 2020, 07:10 AM) *
I'm so sorry buddy, I'll get something right one of the days.

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2020, 12:32 AM
BINGO!!!! YOU GOT IT!!! That's perfect!!! if you can reverse that and go back up the strings you are ready!! NICE!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 11 2020, 07:10 AM) *
I'm so sorry buddy, I'll get something right one of these days mad.gif mad.gif

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers

UPDATE:

Take 3 of the descending section Sarge. I know I'm a little ahead of the beat.

https://youtu.be/kpNebsXcWsU

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 12 2020, 08:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd,

It's still a "learner", I can't just reverse that I have to learn it. I remember the days of Tomb Raider with the labyrinths, even simple ones, I got to the prize but it took me ages to find my way out. I'm the same with driving, I never return in the opposite way I went unless I've done it a hundred times. Must be some kind of geographical dyslexia.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 12 2020, 09:01 AM

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

MY CURRENT BOOTCAMP LESSON

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
[color="#000000"][/color]

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2020, 10:12 PM
I just checked the one that downloads in the bootcamp wiki and it's not the write one. This is the write one right here. I'll have fran do an update. Sorry for all the drama.
Attached File  BOOTCAMP_MISSION_13_final.gp5 ( 2.58K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 12 2020, 03:33 AM) *
Thanks Todd,

It's still a "learner", I can't just reverse that I have to learn it. I remember the days of Tomb Raider with the labyrinths, even simple ones, I got to the prize but it took me ages to find my way out. I'm the same with driving, I never return in the opposite way I went unless I've done it a hundred times. Must be some kind of geographical dyslexia.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 12 2020, 10:39 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 12 2020, 10:20 PM
No worries buddy, I was only playing the ascending part for my practise and I thought "this feels and sounds odd" checked the descending and that G jumped out at me.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 15 2020, 09:22 PM
Take 1 Sarge, this was the hardest thing, not the actual playing but the remembering. What do you think about the sound sync? I dropped it down to 720p instead of full HD and it seems pretty close without any editing.

https://youtu.be/Dv99CFgzP84

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2020, 12:26 AM
NICE!!!! This is a full on tricky bit of playing. It's the basis for a LOT of stuff that's coming up. Being able to use scale inversions is key to being able to make prpgress in boot camp and you got it!!

Let's Debrief!!

TACTICAL PRECISION: Very well done on pick strikes and fretting. Without a high degree of precision, this lick just falls apart.

STEADY PACE: Didn't rush, didn't lag. Being able to play at a steady pace and not rush the easy bits and then drag the difficult bits is crucial to being a well rounded player. Well done!

QUIET AS DEATH: On these types of licks that use all the strings, it's very hard to keep it from generating string noise. Not a problem here! Silent as the grave!

Well fought Soldier! You just..

Despite how hard this is, you nailed it!! Your ready for what's next.

Congrats! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 15 2020, 04:22 PM) *
Take 1 Sarge, this was the hardest thing, not the actual playing but the remembering. What do you think about the sound sync? I dropped it down to 720p instead of full HD and it seems pretty close without any editing.

https://youtu.be/Dv99CFgzP84

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2020, 01:28 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 16 2020, 09:18 PM
Thanks Sarge smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 01:33 AM
You earned this big time Soldier!! Sorry for all the back and forth!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 16 2020, 04:18 PM) *
Thanks Sarge smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 02:19 AM
Thanks again for your vigilant eye!!! This is the NEW MISSION 14. Feel free to try on every string but only one string is required for your MISSION VID to badge up!!!

Attached File  14fix2.gp5 ( 2.26K ) Number of downloads: 4

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 17 2020, 02:23 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 17 2020, 10:09 PM
Take 1 Sarge.

https://youtu.be/cJ1CBCkauRE

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 18 2020, 04:22 AM
You've got the pattern and that's the main part of this fight Soldier!!!! There are a couple of bits of spit and polish that might make it a bit more spiff.

1.)Lead off with the Pinky! if at all possible smile.gif Then use second finger, then the first and shift the first finger down for the fourth fretted note. Playing it this this way lets you move the left hand a bit less and leverages your finger power.

2.)Slow down just a pinch. I think you may be rushing/lagging just a bit to try to keep pace with the metronome. I'd rather have one good pass on one string, then a pause and all the other passes, rather than trying to get them all in. You only need one pass on one string to badge up!

3.)Nice Ibby!!!

I think your sense of timing might be good enough for you to try your internal metronome on this one if you want to give it a go! Sometimes the metronome gets in the way. It's up to you!! Good fight Soldier!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 17 2020, 05:09 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 18 2020, 09:59 PM
Very low on time tonight Sarge, only one string I'm afraid and I tried the internal metronome as you suggested.

https://youtu.be/eeFD58qXTMs

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2020, 09:01 PM
NICE! This is exactly what I was hoping to see. This single/double picking thing can be tricky. It's a great way to add texture to a single string lick. We have done quite a few single string licks, this method of picking can be applied to all of them! It could be multi picked as well which if doubled would be a double/quad sort of thing. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

*PICKING- This one is all about the picking. It's single string based so it allows for a bit more focus on the picking as there is no string traverse, only fret traverse. You do a great job on the picking on this one. NICE!

*TIMING-The second thing I'm looking for here is solid Timing. It's tempting to rush or lag depending on how easy a given part is for the hand. You keep it nice and smooth! SCORE!

*DIFFERENT STRINGS-
Even though you didn't have to, you went the extra mile and tried it on multiple strings. It gets tricky on the lower wound strings but you didn't slip! NNNOOOOOIIIIICCCEE!!

In short, you nailed it. You Sir..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well done Soldier. Onward!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 18 2020, 04:59 PM) *
Very low on time tonight Sarge, only one string I'm afraid and I tried the internal metronome as you suggested.

https://youtu.be/eeFD58qXTMs

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 20 2020, 09:08 PM
Thanks Sarge,

The multi-string version was the take before though wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2020, 09:45 PM
I was impressed with it Soldier. I only needed one string and you went for it on several!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 20 2020, 04:08 PM) *
Thanks Sarge,

BTW are you still at work in your shop every day? Are folks wearing masks to work and to commute where you are?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 20 2020, 04:08 PM) *
Thanks Sarge,

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2020, 12:08 AM
I'm still at work every day at the moment, the workshop is flat out with orders. I sent a worker home on Thursday, he had a sore which in itself isn't an issue but his fifteen year old daughter's best friend is in hospital with confirmed Covid19. So we took the decision to remove him. I spoke to him today he has no fever and family showing no symptoms so fingers crossed he'll be back soon.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2020, 12:40 AM
Racing Parts are "Essential Services" after all. At least as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention a cornerstone of UK GDP. If you guys close, whats left? Cheap parts from knock off vendors? Racing itself may cease to be a sport.

Very sorry to hear about a confirmed case that close to you. Best bet to keep him home and full of chicken soup. Even over here, most folks that get tested/confirmed, many are just sent home and told to stay hydrated/rested. We have a senator who got confirmed and he is quarantined at home doing basic Flu/Chicken Soup/Rest. Only in the most extreme cases are doctors trying off label medications.

A lot of people are being told to "telework" but that doesn't really work when you trying to build race parts. Say phil! Just call it in! Tell that machine press to work itself!!!

I have been shocked to see kids in Florida at spring break just slobbering all over each other, but then again, I was young once.. I would probably be that silly kid on spring break during a pandemic.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 20 2020, 07:08 PM) *
I'm still at work every day at the moment, the workshop is flat out with orders. I sent a worker home on Thursday, he had a sore which in itself isn't an issue but his fifteen year old daughter's best friend is in hospital with confirmed Covid19. So we took the decision to remove him. I spoke to him today he has no fever and family showing no symptoms so fingers crossed he'll be back soon.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 30 2020, 09:36 PM
Finally,

My stress levels have dropped after speaking with the accountants today and arranging a "rescue plan for business and employees, let's just hope it's sustainable. I hope you're coping okay with your sister and family wink.gif

Regarding Bootcamp 15, years ago I was told by one of my guitar teachers that I was economy picking everything, I didn't know what they meant but it just felt natural to me, "why go down passed a string to pick it upwards?" was my argument against alternate picking, I've spent so much time trying to break the habit that I struggle to economy pick if I really think about. Practising #15 slowly I couldn't stop alternate picking for a long time, tonight, as I've ramped up the speed bit by bit it seems to come more naturally to me, it's kinda like mind hands go into panic rescue mode and take the "easy" route, ie economical route.

Video soon buddy.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 31 2020, 05:22 AM
Very glad to hear the bean counters have come back with some good news!! As for your picking, I found the same to be true. If my hand is going past a string on the way, why not take advantage of it and just strike it instead of reversing direction to strike? As a result, I usually use econ when it seems to be easier to use it than trying to use alternate. Once the hand gets very used to alternate it can be tough to retrain it back to econ. What I'm going for in all these Missions is a sense of balance in your hand so that you instinctively use econ/alt based on what it is your trying to play. You are on the right path!

I'm moving to florida on Tuesday so I may be out of pocket for a couple days but I'll be back on it soon as I can! Stay safe!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 30 2020, 04:36 PM) *
Finally,

My stress levels have dropped after speaking with the accountants today and arranging a "rescue plan for business and employees, let's just hope it's sustainable. I hope you're coping okay with your sister and family wink.gif

Regarding Bootcamp 15, years ago I was told by one of my guitar teachers that I was economy picking everything, I didn't know what they meant but it just felt natural to me, "why go down passed a string to pick it upwards?" was my argument against alternate picking, I've spent so much time trying to break the habit that I struggle to economy pick if I really think about. Practising #15 slowly I couldn't stop alternate picking for a long time, tonight, as I've ramped up the speed bit by bit it seems to come more naturally to me, it's kinda like mind hands go into panic rescue mode and take the "easy" route, ie economical route.

Video soon buddy.

Cheers

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th April 2020 - 07:25 AM