3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Rhythm Guitar Collab, New experimental collab!
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 11 2020, 08:42 AM
GMC Founder
Inspired by this topic - I figured we could try something new!

Most of our collabs revolve around lead guitar playing - but this time I figured we could try to record rhythm guitar instead.

So grab any of the drum tracks below and record some chords or a riff. I will then stitch it together and see what we get.

* No need to play in any particular key
* Upload two audio files, one with your isolated guitar track and one where we can hear the backing track as well
* No video needed, the final product will be audio only

This is a bit experimental so fingers crossed we will get some takes. I plan on recording one as well!

FINAL RESULT (well sort of 😉)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  1.mp3 ( 487.67K ) Number of downloads: 209
Attached File  2.mp3 ( 487.67K ) Number of downloads: 193
Attached File  3.mp3 ( 487.67K ) Number of downloads: 180
Attached File  4.mp3 ( 487.67K ) Number of downloads: 185
Attached File  5.mp3 ( 487.67K ) Number of downloads: 178

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 11 2020, 12:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm in smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 11 2020, 04:29 PM
GMC:er
Now THAT'S an interesting concept!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I'm in!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2020, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Test run smile.gif Let me know if it works or not:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GMC_Rhythm_Collab_With_Backing_002.mp3 ( 844.9K ) Number of downloads: 197
Attached File  GMC_Rhythm_Collab_Without_Backing_002.mp3 ( 844.9K ) Number of downloads: 161

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2020, 07:58 PM
Thats a very cool riff!! Maybe we should all share what key we are playing in and such? What key is that? B? E Minor? I like it a lot.

I wonder if we could add lead bits on top of this once we have all the rythm bits stitched together? Also, will there be a bass track? Should we record bass tracks along with our guitar tracks?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2020, 11:34 AM) *

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 11 2020, 08:06 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2020, 04:34 PM) *

Awesome!! Very groovy and melodic at the same time, love it!! Also tone is very organic.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 11 2020, 07:58 PM) *
Thats a very cool riff!! Maybe we should all share what key we are playing in and such? What key is that? B? E Minor? I like it a lot.

I wonder if we could add lead bits on top of this once we have all the rythm bits stitched together? Also, will there be a bass track? Should we record bass tracks along with our guitar tracks?

All of this sounds great to me Todd, perhaps you want to record some lead bits you got over Cael's killer rhythm? If you feel like it - go for it!

Yes - if someone wants to record bass I say go for it!! If not I will try to compensate for it in the mix or try to add it myself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2020, 12:29 AM
Will do!! BEN comes up with some seriously killer riffs They are modern and yet have a bit of blood from the early days of metal thrown in. It makes a great combination imho!

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 11 2020, 03:06 PM) *
Awesome!! Very groovy and melodic at the same time, love it!! Also tone is very organic.

All of this sounds great to me Todd, perhaps you want to record some lead bits you got over Cael's killer rhythm? If you feel like it - go for it!

Yes - if someone wants to record bass I say go for it!! If not I will try to compensate for it in the mix or try to add it myself.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 12 2020, 03:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 11 2020, 07:58 PM) *

It's in Eminor smile.gif Feel free to lay some leads down.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2020, 04:40 PM
My fave key! smile.gif I"m working up some leads now! Are you still thinking about an E.P. or some kind of release for all your tunes? I think you have enough material now for a full release! Love your music and hope you put it out there when you can through distrokid.com or what not so that it gets to itunes and spotify.

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2020, 10:08 PM) *
It's in Eminor smile.gif Feel free to lay some leads down.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 12 2020, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 11 2020, 08:06 PM) *

I'll have a go at some Bass Kris!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 12 2020, 05:51 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 12 2020, 05:45 PM) *
I'll have a go at some Bass Kris!

WOW! Awesome Jones - you will be very needed and appreciated! 🙏🙏

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2020, 09:38 PM
Instructor
This is a cool experiment!!

I've recorded some ideas over the first 3 backings. These are 3 variations of the same idea.

Attached File  Gab_Rhythm_Mix.mp3 ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 171

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gab_Bass.mp3 ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 149
Attached File  Gab_GTR_1.mp3 ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 159
Attached File  Gab_GTR_2.mp3 ( 2.43MB ) Number of downloads: 156

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 12 2020, 10:04 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome melancholic feeling Gab - just the type I love! 👌👌

Ok folks - if anybody wants to record some solo bits we already have some killer backings up for the grabs! 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2020, 01:37 AM
How about this! smile.gif Here is some call/response/harmony over Ben's killer riffage.

With Backing
Attached File  Project___3_12_20__8.30_PM.mp3 ( 678.29K ) Number of downloads: 179

Just Guitar
Attached File  ToddGuitarOnly.mp3 ( 678.29K ) Number of downloads: 162

The way I built it, it's a double lead that sounds like there is a delay going on in some part and a harmony device/octaver in other parts. It's really just two guitars dancing around each other and coming together for a bit of shreddery at the end smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 13 2020, 03:46 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 13 2020, 03:13 PM
GMC Founder
Wow very cool lines Todd - now I am itching to get mixing this and see what we get!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 13 2020, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 12 2020, 05:51 PM) *
WOW! Awesome Jones - you will be very needed and appreciated! 🙏🙏

OK, will get on it over the weekend!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 13 2020, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
have some underlying stuff for gabe and Ben's , give me a a day or 2

I almost think this needs to have some video

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2020, 04:34 PM) *

this is so smooth

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Mar 13 2020, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 13 2020, 08:20 PM
GMC Founder
Fantastic guys - it feels like this one will take off!

My plan is to not interfere while you guys find the sweet spots and record your own takes. As soon as things slow down I will start mix 'n matching all the takes and possibly add my own stuff.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 13 2020, 05:08 PM) *
OK, will get on it over the weekend!!

Excellent!

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 13 2020, 07:53 PM) *
have some underlying stuff for gabe and Ben's , give me a a day or 2

I almost think this needs to have some video

this is so smooth

It would be awesome to have you in here bro - good to see you again! ❤️👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 13 2020, 09:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've had a go at the first three. Nothing complicated, just double stops. Not a clue what key but I've put the root of the double stops in the title of the track. In rough order, the first root note is the first double stop played if that makes a difference unsure.gif

Number 3 is my favourite smile.gif but the guitar is a little bit too high in the mix sad.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-1-guitar-backing-gade
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-1-guitar-only-gade
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-2-guitar-backing-bagde
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-2-guitar-only-bagde
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-3-guitar-backing-abged
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-3-guitar-only-abged
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-3-guitar-backing-abged-no-wah
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rhythm-collab-3-guitar-only-abged-no-wah

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 14 2020, 09:08 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 14 2020, 12:10 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome Phil - we are now starting to see lots of different approaches to this. This feels like a neat old school type of rock rhythm.

I agree #3 sounds best on its own, but the wah effect might be tricker to fit in the mix - we'll see!

Can't wait to start combining these 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:51 PM