My "new" Home Studio
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 17 2018, 01:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
As I wrote in a few other topics I have moved to a new house, which has an extra room compared to my old apartment, which just had a bedroom and living room. Now I've got a living room, bedroom and....MUSIC/OFFICE/HOME STUDIO ROOM! YES! I'm so stoked about it, I basically live in here!

Here's a small tour. It's not the biggest space, but it works and it has everything I need.

EDIT: I'm not used to mobile phones, so apparently it filmed it in the wrong direction. Can't be bothered to fix it now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 17 2018, 01:24 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 17 2018, 01:35 PM
GMC:er
Liked!

Tidy and fresh atmosphere, very good. Next time when you're filming keep in mind closet with cloths=bass traps biggrin.gif

All I can advise is you could use a few corner bass traps, can be DIY as there is lots of info on web and materials are easy to find. Also this is personal but if you want to try I prefer to place paintings behind the screen (Picasso era or album covers from bands I like), somehow feels more comforting during work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 17 2018, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 17 2018, 02:35 PM) *
Liked!

Tidy and fresh atmosphere, very good. Next time when you're filming keep in mind closet with cloths=bass traps biggrin.gif

All I can advise is you could use a few corner bass traps, can be DIY as there is lots of info on web and materials are easy to find. Also this is personal but if you want to try I prefer to place paintings behind the screen (Picasso era or album covers from bands I like), somehow feels more comforting during work.

Thanks, Mertay!

I do need some bass traps, that's on my list as well. Also there is some kind of reverb in the room, more so than in my old living room, but I have a DIY vocal box (just like 50x50x50 cm to put on the microphone), which kills all reverb.

I have shelf on top of the screen, which was the only place it fit, so pictures had to go in various other places. The Mr. Big poster is a bit misplaced now after I got the drumkit. Before that it looked fine. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 17 2018, 02:39 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 17 2018, 12:48 PM) *

Cool, as for the reverb more so than recording when listening/mixing drums the room can fool the ear.

Like, a super tight kick maybe actually lose sounding or a cool snare sound maybe dull etc. so just keep in mind to check with headphones when adjusting reverbs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 18 2018, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 17 2018, 03:39 PM) *
Cool, as for the reverb more so than recording when listening/mixing drums the room can fool the ear.

Like, a super tight kick maybe actually lose sounding or a cool snare sound maybe dull etc. so just keep in mind to check with headphones when adjusting reverbs.

Well, for me the biggest problem was the room had some weird reverb when recording vocals, which caused everything to sound very...I don't know the right word, but just not right.

But I guess the drums could be tricky too come the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2018, 02:43 AM
It's looking better and better! I'm sure you will work out the audio bits over time. A bit of SONNEX foam and some corner bass traps should sort things out smile.gif It's a really nice looking place and you have a great view of the out doors right from your studio! There are no windows in my studio as I wanted it isolated for sound reasons but I do sometimes wish I could see the sun!
Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 18 2018, 08:53 AM) *
Well, for me the biggest problem was the room had some weird reverb when recording vocals, which caused everything to sound very...I don't know the right word, but just not right.

But I guess the drums could be tricky too come the time.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 20 2018, 02:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Todd!

I'm spending the majority of my time in here! If I had a bed in here, I'd never get out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2018, 03:04 AM
IT's a great space!!! I don't know if you could fit a bed though. Maybe a "Day Bed" sort of thing? That could also serve as a couch and spot for band/folks to sit and listen to mixes etc.
Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 19 2018, 09:45 PM) *
Thanks, Todd!

I'm spending the majority of my time in here! If I had a bed in here, I'd never get out!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 20 2018, 03:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
There's really no room anymore. I was just kidding smile.gif I have another two rooms in my house that I can go to, but seems I've crammed all the stuff I use the most into this small extra room smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 20 2018, 03:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 17 2018, 01:35 PM) *
Liked!

All I can advise is you could use a few corner bass traps,

open those closet door when editing / e q ing
But that is a nice room , looked like they veiw was very nice too

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2018, 03:09 AM
Congrats on your new Studio!!!!! Your other two rooms could always be used for storage, and one could be an ISOLATION BOOTH for either a vocalist or a Guitar Amp/Bass Amp. Of course, you'd have to run at least once mic cable from that room to your control room.

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 19 2018, 10:08 PM) *
There's really no room anymore. I was just kidding smile.gif I have another two rooms in my house that I can go to, but seems I've crammed all the stuff I use the most into this small extra room smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:41 AM