> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Mattheath91 Rhythm Ride
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 9 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
Hey there Matt! Welcome to your thread biggrin.gif

I would like to begin by telling you that this is your personal training ground and we should start with you telling me a bit about yourself, musical experience so far, goals, preferences and gear smile.gif

About the music I like.... well, as they say you are your only limit, so let's say that I listen to almost everything, aside from music which is not honest and which does not transmit anything. Although I play modern metal/ rock with both bands, I also like classical music which I play now and then with various orchestras in a concept show called 'Mozart Rocks!' and I' also a vocalist. But enough about that, let's see what your story is smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 14 2012, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 9 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Hey there Matt! Welcome to your thread biggrin.gif

I would like to begin by telling you that this is your personal training ground and we should start with you telling me a bit about yourself, musical experience so far, goals, preferences and gear smile.gif

About the music I like.... well, as they say you are your only limit, so let's say that I listen to almost everything, aside from music which is not honest and which does not transmit anything. Although I play modern metal/ rock with both bands, I also like classical music which I play now and then with various orchestras in a concept show called 'Mozart Rocks!' and I' also a vocalist. But enough about that, let's see what your story is smile.gif

Cosmin

Hey sorry for the late reply! Been mega busy dry.gif

I guess im most interested in learning to play metal/rock as they are my favorite musical genre's.
My brother got me into music when i was about 15. Before that it never really called to me. He's been playing bass for around 10 years, and it was through watching him progress which motivated me to finally take up the guitar.

I bought my guitar and amp together last week ! I got a ibanez grg170dx & a Orange crush PiX 20L amp.

I've been practicing a few scales & songs from a book i bought. Easy stuff like a Nirvana tracks which seemed to have helped get my get my hands used to chord changes and increase the tension i can put down with each finger. The video lessons on this site have really helped me so far.

Wow that songs awesome. I would potentially like to end up in a metal band, but i know i have a long long road ahead of me before i'm capable of anything like that. I guess the road starts here!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Hehe! It seems like you have some history in the family so, it's only good that you're following the path smile.gif

Mate, I think we should focus on rhythm playing in order to start out so my idea would be to select rhythm oriented lessons and to discuss them with you in order to improve your right hand and timing. As we progress, I'll also add lead stuff into the mix smile.gif

How does this sound?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 15 2012, 12:10 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 15 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Hehe! It seems like you have some history in the family so, it's only good that you're following the path smile.gif

Mate, I think we should focus on rhythm playing in order to start out so my idea would be to select rhythm oriented lessons and to discuss them with you in order to improve your right hand and timing. As we progress, I'll also add lead stuff into the mix smile.gif

How does this sound?

Cosmin

That sounds great. I am having trouble getting the strumming motion going so it would be a perfect place to begin!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Ok Matt!

I say, Bear Rose's beginner series are the best thing to start with, so, without further ado, tell me mate, do you have the possibility to record video/ audio?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 16 2012, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 15 2012, 03:35 PM) *
Ok Matt!

I say, Bear Rose's beginner series are the best thing to start with, so, without further ado, tell me mate, do you have the possibility to record video/ audio?

Cosmin

Awesome ill crack on with those then! Should be able to do audio, not sure how great the quality will be but ill think of something.

Matt

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattHeath91 @ Nov 16 2012, 08:05 AM) *
Awesome ill crack on with those then! Should be able to do audio, not sure how great the quality will be but ill think of something.

Matt

Great! Tell me man, what are you using for recording your guitar?

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 16 2012, 04:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 16 2012, 02:40 PM) *
Great! Tell me man, what are you using for recording your guitar?

Just a program called Audacity and the microphone on my laptop, probably wont be the greatest of quality : (

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattHeath91 @ Nov 16 2012, 03:36 PM) *
Just a program called Audacity and the microphone on my laptop, probably wont be the greatest of quality : (

Well, it's good for beginning smile.gif Let's hear a first impression and after that, you may want to check out this vid and links here wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46789

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 27 2012, 11:51 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2012, 01:45 PM) *
Well, it's good for beginning smile.gif Let's hear a first impression and after that, you may want to check out this vid and links here wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46789

Sorry for the late reply dude. Been away from home, will have a recording up over the next 2 days for sure!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattHeath91 @ Nov 27 2012, 10:51 AM) *
Sorry for the late reply dude. Been away from home, will have a recording up over the next 2 days for sure!

Alright amigo! I'm waiting wink.gif

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Nov 30 2012, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2012, 08:08 AM) *
Alright amigo! I'm waiting wink.gif

Here is my very rubbish / ear bleeding attempt at the intro for snow patrol - chasing cars. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mattheath91/chasing-cars-intro

This post has been edited by MattHeath91: Nov 30 2012, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 1 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattHeath91 @ Nov 30 2012, 09:31 PM) *
Here is my very rubbish / ear bleeding attempt at the intro for snow patrol - chasing cars. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mattheath91/chasing-cars-intro

Hey mate, this is not bad smile.gif It's just a bit rigid and you hesitate when changing between parts smile.gif All you need is to slow down the process and becoming flowing at a slow tempo. I can suggest a lesson which will focus on this idea and you can then apply the same principles for this song smile.gif

What say you?

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Dec 3 2012, 09:18 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 1 2012, 12:47 PM) *
Hey mate, this is not bad smile.gif It's just a bit rigid and you hesitate when changing between parts smile.gif All you need is to slow down the process and becoming flowing at a slow tempo. I can suggest a lesson which will focus on this idea and you can then apply the same principles for this song smile.gif

What say you?

Cheers. That sounds good to me. Need to get my hands used to switching chord positions. Cant get my dam fingers in the right place laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 4 2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Ok mate! I think this one can work magic on your hands: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

What say you? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MattHeath91
Dec 5 2012, 09:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 4 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Ok mate! I think this one can work magic on your hands: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

What say you? smile.gif

Cosmin

Sweet. Ill crack on with this and Bear Rose's lessons. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 5 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattHeath91 @ Dec 5 2012, 08:20 AM) *
Sweet. Ill crack on with this and Bear Rose's lessons. smile.gif

Alright mate! Go git'em! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:46 AM