> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
El Hombre's Thread, for Gab's Army
ElHombre
Dec 2 2013, 01:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab
Do you think we could work on extreme neoclassical in this thread?
Cause u play it right?

And btw thanks for the arpeggio fingerings wink.gif
Im still to figure out how to roll my fingers correctly

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 03:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Dec 1 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Hey Gab
Do you think we could work on extreme neoclassical in this thread?
Cause u play it right?

And btw thanks for the arpeggio fingerings wink.gif
Im still to figure out how to roll my fingers correctly

Hi mate! yes, we can work on it! and maybe this could be a reason to practice it again (it's been a long time since I stopped playing it) and maybe finally mastering perfectly at normal tempo. smile.gif

What are your current questions now? Which parts are giving trouble or need to know the fingers?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 8 2013, 06:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes If you want you can give me the file with all your fingerings.
I would also be intresteing to see what chocies you make smile.gif

Mostly for the hybrid pivoting (its called right)? Where I would use hybrid picking I think at that speed
Its the part right after the first arpeggios.

I will do a short video showing how I roll my fingers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2013, 11:05 PM
Instructor
Ok mate! I'll prepare a file with my fingerings. I don't use hybrid picking for the pedal note parts but that's the parts that gives me more trouble to play at tempo so maybe experimenting a bit with other options could be a good idea.

This guitarists plays it with hybrid picking:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 26 2014, 04:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab
Heard you were up for a guest solo wink.gif

Would be cool, I like this a lot, collaboration

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2014, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 26 2014, 12:27 AM) *
Hey Gab
Heard you were up for a guest solo wink.gif

Would be cool, I like this a lot, collaboration

Sure mate! Keep me updated about your EP progress. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 26 2014, 08:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, there is a perfect spot the ending chorus with "the solo" on one of the instrumentals.
Since its a fully instrumental song, its has lead playing already in the chorus, so a guest solo as "the solo" in the song would be perfect smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2014, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Nice video and composition. I think that the backing is very interesting and I enjoy a lot the moments when your playing becomes more melodic, for example starting at 1:48. I think that you should explore even more your melodic side, it's very rich.

I wonder about that place, is it your studio? Awesome console!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 12 2014, 12:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey gab smile.gif
lets talk about my new song.. a rock tune smile.gif

Here is the chorus, this is the basic idea im working with.
Still need some work to make the harmony more shining and intresting smile.gif

I can post the song wihtout lead later too, just gonna work on it

Attached File(s)
Attached File  newrocktunev1.mp3 ( 475.1K ) Number of downloads: 52

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2014, 09:56 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm checking and playing along with the chorus that you've posted here. I think that the melodic idea is promising but the chord progression is a bit static and is lacking some more interesting movements, at least in the second half. It seems to be more a verse chord progression or maybe a bridge but not a chorus.

Could you please post here 5 chorus that you think are great ones?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 15 2014, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
http://youtu.be/o--aSPK0on4?t=49s
http://youtu.be/mMjrQVx8Cl8?t=39s
http://youtu.be/SBFBtVbaqg0?t=1m26s
http://youtu.be/cqc4TwPStVk?t=4m14s
http://youtu.be/a8fM3pO7i0I?t=11m37s

You mean I should have more chords and more colour in them?
To give a more catchy rythm.
I like this kind of modern riffing where the riff is almost like a lead melody in itself

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2014, 11:22 PM
Instructor
That's very cool stuff! Most of the tracks that you shared (except Interval's song) are more like a rock metal song where the lead voice is done by a lead guitar. So it's as catchy as a conventional song thanks to a nice melody over a chord progression that works and has some kind of cadence that makes your melody memorable.

This can sound weird for you if you are not very used to compose catchy melodies and songs but I will give you a task for this week that I'm sure will help you.

- Choose 2 songs each day of this week that has catchy choruses.
- Write down the chord progression used.
- Try to reveal what's the tonality.
- Analyze the scale used for the melody.
- Analyze the relation between the longer notes and the chords being played at every moment.
- Write here the results.

This analysis is a task for the next 5 days, but trust me you should keep on doing it with other sections for many time. Analyzing songs is the best way to learn more about the music that we like. You start to discover concepts, tools and ideas used in your favorite songs that can be starting points for your own compositions.

What do you think? Are you in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 14 2015, 04:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gab
Its been a while smile.gif

I need your help. Im now composing new stuff.
You see I got the ideas in my mind, and how it will sound, like everything is written.

But the problem is the drums. Sometimes I want to move into more complex time signature.
or the time signature wont allow me to fully express my initial idea.
I have to change them up a bit rythmically and change the signature.

I would like to be able to not have to do that if you know what I mean.

Lets analyze together?
I can upload my riffs with and without drums and so

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2015, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how are you?

Yes, I can definitely help you with this! Feel free to post your ideas here and also some songs that you like how irregular measures are treated and arranged to have as reference.

A tip that can really help is to set your project in 1/4 or 1/8 instead of 4/4, 6/8 or whatever the meter you should use. If you have it set in 1/x your metronome won't have accentuation and all beats will start on a new measure so you can mix lots of irregular meters and keep project well organized.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 17 2015, 02:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey, I kind of sorted it.
Im still going to learn to write better drums myself, but I worked out a good method to put the riffs just in rythm, so I can put my ideas in context. Then I will have a drummer doing the drums afterwards.

Lets talk song elements next, I will upload the ideas
Its an instrumental single I am doing.

I will send some sound samples later, right now the challenge is to make the verse more of a contrast to the chorus.
Or having some kind of pre chours, that really says "hey now comes the chorus" you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2015, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the update. Great to know that you've found the way to define drum grooves easier at first to let the compositions flow. I'll be waiting to hear your idea in progress.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 18 2015, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sent you a PM with the intro riff + some improv over verse 1. No bass added yet smile.gif

Okay, so I kind of structured the song like this.

Intro - verse - verse2 / prechorus - chorus - chorus 2 (melodical) - breakriff - short verse 1. - new break - chorus - melodic chorus + outro

Okay, now that I know this its impotant to know what elements I want.
As you can here in the song, the intro riff is going to come back as the chorus. And we need a really powerful verse 2 so the song changes up a bit before the chorus, so it doesnt become boring, even though I like the dreamy mood biggrin.gif

Okay, its an instrumental song so we have rythmical and melodic.
I take a lot of inspiration from the Band Intervals, who combines both melodical and rythmical approaches.

Its nice, if its going to be solo all the way it might be a little predictable unless you are a genius like Marco Sfogli..
which I am not.. yet biggrin.gif

I also have a very cool idea about the chorus that I will show.
That riff is kind of nice with the low suspended chords, I keep the tempo and time, but change the riff a little
and play a nice melody over it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2015, 04:27 PM
Instructor
Hi ElHombre, great job with this one! I've just heard the idea and it is very promising. I like the intro riff, it's powerful, and original. For any reason it's also connected with the verse, there is some dreamy vibe on it so I can say that it's perfect and I can also imagine it as the chorus for song. The verse also sounds good, I like the vibe, the progression and the guitar solos/melodies that you already have. The drum groove is cool, but you will have to be clever to composer the next part because you can't keep the same groove so more time. I would go for something that contrasts it for the pre chorus.

So, in other words, you are doing a very good job with this one and it's good to see that you already have the structure in mind.

Please keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 23 2015, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab smile.gif Thanks

Yes of course, Right now I only use the drum groove for composing. I find it easier to outline the song and play in time with a simple beat.
Then I will switch it up to make it more intresting for more vibe to build solo ideas.
And then ultimatley, the mixer will compose drums.
Its great cause I know a really musical guy that is also a great mixer .So he adds very good drums and percussions to my tracks and gives it a nice mix.

Im really happy with this foundation idea.
I think this time I managed to express myself well with the purpose and message I have with this song.

And yes, its the chorus the intro as well wink.gif
and I do something (in my opinion) very cool with the chorus, after the riff is played again on the chorus, it changes up a little and a guitar melody, which I wrote a rythm change on, cooperates with the chorus and sounds splendid, I had this melody in my head for years, finally managed to bring it out in context.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of text, sorry for this xD

Ok, so the next challenge is to do a good prechorus. That "hangs on" to the song, but is a bit different, maybe a bit more pace, so the listener gets to feel "oh soon comes the chorus". And also a nice ending to the pre chorus that really says "HERE COMES THE CHORUS".

An expert of this is Marco Sfogli I think, for me one of the best guitarist

Listen how he tells you "here comes the chorus"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUir8LZNEs

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2015, 05:06 AM
Instructor
Wou! That's a very melodic song! Thanks for sharing. I like his tone as well as his interpretation, but what I find even more inspiring is his sense of melody. This tune remind me to masters as Satriani and Timmons but with some more extreme shredding in some moments.

I know what you mean about the pre chorus. This sections is usually a part specially composed to create tension that finally releases when the chorus starts, and makes everything epic and memorable. This effect is generated by the melody but also by the chord progression used. A good plan to use this process to also learn some new things would be to analyze some songs that have that effect in the pre.chorus and notice how they create it... analyze the previous progression, the pre chorus progression and also the chorus. Analyse around 5 songs and write down your analysis.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:05 AM