All Instructors Collaboration, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 1 2008, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, after some delay I've finally put together All Instructors Collaboration. It's a great collab and it was my honor and privilege to have such great musicians participating. Great material guys, thanks a lot! smile.gif

The order of appearance is random, besides grouping similar themes one next to each other. Also bass and vocal line are the first in line, because of the nature of instruments - bass and vocal smile.gif

COLLAB SUMMARY:

Participants: 16 instructors
Length: 8m 06s

COMMENTS:

Bogdan:

Great bass line Bole, nice hi-fi modern bass sound, and timing. Simple bass line on the A minor scale, syncopated here and there, really adds the flavor to the backing. Great job!

Nemanja:

Great vocal line man, nice doubled vocals, third intervals and polyphony. In the second part nice bluesy flavor in the voice, it sounds really pro when you improvise with your voice.

David:

Great sound, nice clean smooth jazzy solo. You started with some nice smooth licks, little bit with the spanish flavor.
I really like the dynamics and the way you feel every lick. In the middle part before those arpeggios that lick that you played several time around one phrase but different sequences really shows that you hear the music you play and feel it too. Great solo.

Gabriel:

Now that's a nice sound, very concrete and defined, reminds of Santana but with your personal thing going on. Nice melodic passages, then a great run, followed by some very stable arpeggios, and a brilliant outro melodic theme!

Muris:

Transferring to fusion territory. Smooth sound and a whole solo in one theme that completely masters the backing track and "own" it. A rare gift indeed. First couple of great intro licks, followed by some some mind blowing runs, then a couple of licks in the theme of a solo, and a bluesy part, and in the end again theme licks, but using the backing into it's own advantage, going with it, not against it like a true master.

Toni:

Starting defined and fast, great mini run and melodic lines over the minor, thematic approach, and then, going into a frenzy with those brilliant rhythmic licks and bends in the end, and finishing of again in the solo theme.

Vinod:

Short but effective, great solo, great style. Very accurate playing, and every note heard exactly like the previous one. Immediately starting fast and melodic, and stepping into a tremolo boost, that really added something very special to this solo. Again some great melodic passages, and finishing of sharply strumming with a character.

Hisham:

Originality is what I hear here. Great singlecoil sound, and brilliant rhythmic use of those notes. You sure nailed the flavor that goes along in the first part. In the second part some fine melodic lines to finish of the solo with some delay on top of it for extra space. Great!

Kris:

Intro lick - perfect, really kicks in the solo into "soul" mode straight away. Excellent signature phrasing and melodic lines. Brilliant solo building around the same theme, adding more and more power and soul to it as solo progresses. Overdubs are a great touch, and finishing off with a style with those superfast arpeggios and bend. Lots of style and character!

Andrew:

Great intro, and theme, smooth sound that really blends with the backing. Also the solo and playing really goes along with a backing, specially in the first part with that descending sequence. ALso some stable bends, and nice run to spice up the solo. The last lick is a great one, bluesy, fast precise and effective.

Juan:

Great sound, concrete, in front and full of mids. Great intro lick as well, and nice improvised tappings. Great feel for the minor scale, and palm muting. Finishing of with a pinched harmonic and a fast run very effectively. Great!

Marcus:

Great full sound, lot's of bottom end - Gibson - no mistakes there! Starting off with some nice pentatonic melodic passages, moving to minor and developing a theme with those great bends. Slowly but very effectively the whole solo came out great with no harsh sounds whatsoever. Brilliant use of bends to finish of a solo, and playing high string while bending while holding a bended one rock solid reveals a tonemaster. In the end I swear I could hear a violin on the last note!

Trond:

Years of recording, mixing and mastering always pays off, sound - brilliant! Cuts through the mix like a knife through butter! Lots of drive, and starting of great with those stable bends, and extraprecise AP run downwards, Then ascending again with palm muting, all very clean, sliding a little, and again those rock solid bends. That repeated picking on the bended note, really adds a character to the solo, it screams agressivelly but yet pleasant to ears. Excellent

Harris:

Great sound, starting off nicelt and melodic, going to the blues mode for a second, but then pulling of some ultra AP picking run! THen going again on the minor scale and couple of similar licks in the chord progression followed by a nice arpeggio and some great bends to finish off effectively.

Jerry:

Metal all the way! Soloing like a rocket - short but effective! Great use of backing and forming a power solo that is filled with energy. Some nice melodies on start, a use of tremolo on one note, and finishing off nicely with those runs! Great!

Ivan:

My modest contribution, hope you like it!

Again thank you all for participating, it was a great pleasure to do this collab and hear the solos and diversity of style among teh staff of GMC.

GMC ROCKS! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 2 2008, 12:24 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Instructors_Collab___Final_Mix.mp3 ( 7.43MB ) Number of downloads: 407

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 1 2008, 10:37 PM
Instructor
great and awesome mix Ivan. and thanks for GMC instructors they really did a good job

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 1 2008, 11:03 PM
Singing Instructor
Amazing job guys,just beautiful.smile.gif
Great collab!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2008, 11:34 PM
GMC Founder
Wow this is awesme - great job Ivan and thanks for the great comments! I really liked your steroid-blues-licks-ending as well!

This was a really cool collab and I am looking forward to more of them! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 2 2008, 12:07 AM
Instructor
Finally!!! biggrin.gif

This sounds awesome,with almost every GMC stuff member involved,
thanks Ivan for making it possible! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 2 2008, 12:25 AM
Instructor
It was my pleasure guys, thanks again for participating and kind words. This collab is awesome and more similar projects would definitely be something to consider. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 2 2008, 12:31 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow , this was amazing to listen!! So much diversity and excellence in one place smile.gif
Awesome job on mixing I really liked the added effects smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Jun 2 2008, 09:13 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Great Job on Mixing Ivan biggrin.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 2 2008, 02:09 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Awesome Ivan - you did a great job pulling all these styles together and thanks for your comments smile.gif

By the way, no need to be modest about your contribution wink.gif I loved the in your face pentatonic-punishment riff, that is your distinctive style, proving that blues scales don't have to be either laid back or metal-like and drenched with distortion - you find a wonderful and exciting middle ground!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Harris Sopovic
Jun 2 2008, 05:07 PM
Instructor
Very cool !, good mix. Was fun smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 2 2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Yey! It's finally done! smile.gif
It was a pleasure to listen to. Nice job on the mix and thanks ALOT for the comments biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 2 2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Awesome!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jun 2 2008, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Cool collaboration guys! A lot of work by Ivan, I can listen smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 2 2008, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Great job everyone! Thanks Ivan for putting this together, can't wait for the next one!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 2 2008, 10:14 PM
Instructor
Thanks again guys. Great job everyone! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 6 2008, 12:52 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Awesome mix Ivan, great job smile.gif And trust me, there is absolutely no violin in my recording wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 6 2008, 03:36 PM
Instructor
I know man it's a metaphore smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 6 2008, 08:40 PM
Instructor
oh, I miss this post !!! I'm gonna listen it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
It sounds awesome! Good job Ivan and everybody! Thanks for the comments Ivan! smile.gif I really enjoyed jamming over this backing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:15 PM