Diatonic Triads, In 3 string sets
PosterBoy
Jan 7 2014, 09:38 AM
Learning Roadie
One of the main things I'm trying to get my hands to do naturally without thinking. It's harder than I expected.

My main epiphany was to focus on which of the 3 strings the root of the triad is on for each shape.

It's in an unfriendly key as I'm focusing on them too this year, but that's a good thing!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_321.pdf ( 48.32K ) Number of downloads: 253
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_432.pdf ( 50.34K ) Number of downloads: 231
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_543.pdf ( 48.15K ) Number of downloads: 225
Attached File  C__Major_Scale_Triads_654.pdf ( 49.71K ) Number of downloads: 222

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 7 2014, 09:56 AM
Theory Instructor
Hey

Great way to learn! Once you get these shapes down, move horizontally across the strings, try moving vertically, and then in both directions. That way you will be able to see these shapes across the entire fretboard in any direction when playing. Great stuff!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Aaron A
Jan 21 2014, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
These are always handy little triad shapes. They have saved my behind many a time playing through charts and sight reading. I always focus on what string the root is based off of for my chords and it works pretty well for me. This is definitely a great thing to practice and once it's solid you could easily build a nice warm up exercise out of this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:34 PM