Extreme Neoclassical Fingering, lets sort it out :)
ElHombre
Nov 28 2013, 01:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
In this thread the instructors or players that played this song or worked on it can reccomend fingerings for this song
I think it can be useful for a lot of people.
This is vital to have the correct fingering for this song.

Bring anything up in the song wink.gif
Here is my problem.

These triplets.
now how would i play this

--------------------------------------------17--15--13--------------------------------------------------------------
------------------14-15-17-18-17-15-------------------17-15-13------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------15--14--12-------------------------------
---12-14-15---------------------------------------------------------------------------15-14-12-------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------15-14-12-1----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the 14-15-17-18-17-15 pattern
what fingers would I use there?
Would i play it like a 4 note per string pattern?

Do I have time to make the switch there
Right now i do like a slide pick, down to the 18

fingering right now: 1-2-4-4-3-1

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
HungryForHeaven
Nov 28 2013, 07:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 28 2013, 01:46 AM) *
fingering right now: 1-2-4-4-3-1

That's exactly what I would do, too. Since they are triplets, it feels rather natural to make the pinky slide at that precise point.
Of course, on these high frets it's easier to use 4-notes-per-string fingering, but at least for me it feels awkward, especially when the following pattern is a "regular" 3-notes-per-string one.

H

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 28 2013, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Correct! Very first idea of mine was exactly the same. Probably the most comfortable solution 124431 smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 28 2013, 12:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think thats how Muris does it too

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 28 2013, 05:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok good smile.gif

Now onwards to those nightmare sweeps.
I always hated sweeps that goes on the same fret, especially descending, ascending i can roll my finger.

I have attatched a gp5 file with all the sweeps in there
Anyone can help me with the fingering for those?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sweepneoclassical.gp5 ( 4.04K ) Number of downloads: 72

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 28 2013, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I added the fingers that I use for it in the guitar pro file. Check it out>

Attached File  sweepneoclassical_gab_fingerings.gp5 ( 4.52K ) Number of downloads: 79

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:27 PM