Does Your Car Have A Metronome?
spacebran
Mar 17 2011, 03:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I tend to do something whenever I'm sitting at a light waiting to make a turn when my turn indicator is on and I'm not listening to music... I drum on my thighs and steering wheel in time with the indicator and make up cool rhythms. Does anyone else do this? haha

I usually have music on, but sometimes I will forget my ipod and I can't stand listening to radio, so I drum instead biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Brandon Earman
Mar 17 2011, 03:46 AM
Learning Roadie
That sounds like something I would do - haha. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Mr T
Mar 17 2011, 06:30 AM
GMC:er
I show the same symptoms. The acoustics of the car while drumming on the steering wheel are actually quite good wink.gif

My bike sounds like a metronome all by itself.. maybe I should fix it.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 17 2011, 08:57 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Well I don't do rhythms but in long lonely trips I end up singing to avoide getting asleep. Which I'm sure is shocking when other drivers go by and see me yelling all alone laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2011, 12:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (spacebran @ Mar 17 2011, 03:06 AM) *
I tend to do something whenever I'm sitting at a light waiting to make a turn when my turn indicator is on and I'm not listening to music... I drum on my thighs and steering wheel in time with the indicator and make up cool rhythms. Does anyone else do this? haha

I usually have music on, but sometimes I will forget my ipod and I can't stand listening to radio, so I drum instead biggrin.gif

Hahahahha I do this all the time hahahahah

And it's pretty hard to avoid smile.gif)) I would just bang 4th, 8th, 8th note triplets and other rhythms against the turn indicator click smile.gif))

My friend drives a Renault and I swear his turn indicator sounds just the same as my Korg MA-30 metronome!!! smile.gif)))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 17 2011, 02:54 PM
GMC:er
Which of these may cause you to lose concentration while driving: (Mark 4 answers)

A ) Tapping drumbeats to the indicator
B ) Checking your mirrors
C ) Playing air guitar
D ) Arguing about the choice of music
E ) Using a hands-free kit

Remind me not to drive near you guys laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dark dude: Mar 17 2011, 02:55 PM

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:49 AM