New To Gmc
rodtod11
Nov 30 2011, 05:41 AM
GMC:er
Hello,
New to the GMC page and the forum. I am an older player, 56 this year! I play acoustic, steel and nylon string. I am playing a Larrivee OM-01, Yamaha elc / acoustic steel string dreadnought the FGX 730 sc, an Ovation 12 string 6751 LX, Yamaha Silent guitar Nylon, Cordoba elec/acoustic Flamenco, and an odd chinese made round back made of a variety of pieces of wood! Its like an Ovation made from wood instead of the material they use. Almost reminds me of an old Cris Craft boat!
On the electric side, I play a Carvin DC 400, American Hot Rod Strat, Mexican Calif. Special Tele with the Humbucker in the neck, an Epiphone Custom Dot, and a Gibson Les Paul. Also play a few basses too, one acoustic and two electrics, fretted and fretless.
Love Pink Floyd, Beatles, 3 Doors Down, Coldplay, Nickelback, Evenessance, Joe Satrianini....just any good music at all! On the acoustic side my favorites are Jim Earp, Tim Farrell, Doug Smith, love the fingerstyle acoustic music.
Anyway, I joined because I just cant get past certain plateaus and I am hoping to get a jump start on my playing abilities to bring it all back to where I once was. This really looks like a great place!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2011, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hey, welcome to the site ! smile.gif That's some nice sounding instruments you have there, sir wink.gif

Is there any specific techniques that you're interested in improving ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2011, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hello there and welcome! It seems you are into a lot of modern stuff smile.gif that's super! And you have enough gear for a whole band out of what I can see wink.gif

What's your current playing status? I mean you stated that you want to be able to play like you were, so I was interested in what part is causing problems - theory/ applying it into real musical contexts or chops? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 30 2011, 01:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome aboard! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 30 2011, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the site ! You have beautiful equipment, and more importantly you have, it seems to me, a lot of will to progress !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2011, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to the site! It's cool to know that you want to continue evolving your musical side. smile.gif
We are here to help you, so let us know if you need some feedback or lesson suggestions.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2011, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Hey, welcome aboard man! smile.gif So what are you practicing at the moment?

Nice gear BTW! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 1 2011, 04:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello, sir! Nice to have you at GMC!
It's a nice gear setup you have and I'm interested that you have a fretless guitar. Never played one.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2011, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Congrats! smile.gif You have found the best guitar site anywhere IMHO! This place RAWKS! smile.gif Jump in to some lessons and especially some video chats! The video chat lessons are part of what make GMC great smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2011, 10:16 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello there and welcome to GMC! smile.gif

That is indeed an impressive list, which basses do you have? wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Dec 2 2011, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:34 AM