Macbook Ram Upgrade Help
VinceG
Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM
GMC:er
So I have a MacBook 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Memory. Im thinking of upgrading it into a 4 GB memory. Since this would be my first RAM upgrade on any computer, should I know basic steps on doing so? Like do I need to have the same manufactures of the ram thats inside my computer?

im thinking of buying this, just wondering if its compatible with mine.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...ple&cat=RAM

ANY OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY NEEDED

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 5 2009, 12:10 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
In addition to what Vic has said Crucial usually have a small app that you can download that will tell you what type your RAM is on a pc. Don't know if it works for a mac Vince but can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 5 2009, 12:31 PM
Well since the BUS Speed of my mac is 800 Mhz, the RAM that I originally posted is wrong right?

So I would need this one instead

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...o%20(15.4-inch)

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 5 2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurat...anufacturer=app

Select the appropriate model of laptop you have. I install memory into MacBook Pros so if that's what you have I can give you a detailed explanation as to how to do it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:24 PM