Blues Again......
rose72
Oct 21 2009, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
Hi Ivan,

Great blues lessons, They are helping me considerably, I know that the Blues has come up many times before but I am currently struggling with the best way to practice, I am familiar with the major and minor pentatonics and blues scales, but i still struggle to mix them to sounds bluesy, I love the way old blues players sound but also modern blues rock players such as bonamassa etc. Do you have any advice for the most efficient way and how to practice this?

I saw your explanation in a previous thread...

Simple exercise example of this concept would be:

1. take a blues progression and play it on PC/player.
2. play up&down minor pentatonic box 1 to feel the sound
3. shift the minor box 1 to minor box 5 (as the guys explained) and play up and down again (you will notice it has a much more country vibe to it now, when it's plain major)
4. try to focus yourself on the root notes in both 2 and 3 exercises, stop on the root and sing it possibly and continue picking up/down
5. after a while of doing this try taking one simple blues lick and repeat it in exercises 2 and 3 manner. Play the same lick in major and minor positions, BUT when you are in the major try to land on the note where the root is (it is on different position then in minor box 1).

Can you explain this further? or have any other methods you advise?

Cheers
Nick

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 22 2009, 01:06 AM
Instructor
Hi mate. It seems to me that you are looking for a way to blend major and minor pentatonic boxes together in a natural way. Check out these series I'm currently working on:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/mixing...n_blues_part_1/

This is the first part, there are 2 more (look under similar lessons tab under the video), and soon I will do 2 remaining lessons.

Let me know if you need any additional help with this! smile.gif

Cheers,
Ivan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:07 PM