Just Had To Have My Cat Put Down
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 14 2013, 01:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
...didn't see it coming at all, though he had been meowing a bit much lately and whining on the toilet. I came home after 2 days away and he had blood all over his reproduction parts. Took him to the vet, turns out he had some massive kidney problems, also teeth problems... they might have fixed it all, but it would have been £1200 and months of pain to the cat perhaps, and maybe not even bettering it as the kidney stones might have stopped his urinal ways again. Such a tough decision. Worst in my life. In tears... naffing hell.

RIP Alfredo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 14 2013, 01:14 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Really sorry to here that. It's not easy when you have to do this at all.

One of our cats, Tigre, was diagnosed with cystitis a couple of years ago, which may be similar to what Alfredo had. Apparently male cats are quite prone to it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 14 2013, 01:45 PM
GMC:er
Ah mate, sorry to hear that!
IMy cat died a few months back, fortunately she went peacefully in her sleep, she hadn't been well for a while. she was 17 years old, so not bad, especially as she almost died of Kitten Flu at 6 months old!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 14 2013, 02:31 PM
So sad...Spent all summer going to the vet everyday for shots and doing medicine at home for the same problem. I noticed it early when there was little to no blood but still was very hard to cure. Vet.s where I live aren't so expensive but now he must feed on an expensive cat food I don't know how long I can afford sad.gif

Advice to friends here who wants a cat; never get a male cat if you're going to sterilize him.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 14 2013, 02:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 14 2013, 03:18 PM
Learning Tone Master

I'm very sorry to hear that. This is very sad.
I know how it is to have problems with cats. One of my cats hade 2 surgery in 2 months. The first surgery was very hard because he had blocked urinal tract and was need an urethrostomy. After 1 month he needed again for a new surgery. He was lucky and now he is feel good. But the both of my cats have a very strict and expensive diet because of renal and diabetic problems. Unfortunately periodical these problems are back or other new problems arise.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Really sorry to hear this ! Rip Alfredo, he looked like a real proud one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Oct 14 2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Caelum..I've lost a few cats and dogs over the years...its very hard. Our remaining cat ,Boris...is 18 now so no doubt it will be his turn soon....It is usually healed quickly by getting another! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Oct 14 2013, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 14 2013, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have another cat though already. Bet she's missing her buddy. I'm hoping I may be able to get one more from where I got both of them, but they don't have any kittens at the moment, I think. Unfortunately.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 14 2013, 04:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Aww I am sorry to hear this Cael. I have had to have a few dogs put down over the years and I can tell you that it never gets any easier. After I had to put my last dog (Dude) down . I thought I would not get another , but after a year I decided to get another one, I have always had a dog and I just had to have another. Dude was the best dog I ever had so I buried him in the yard right below my bedroom window and fenced it off and planted grass. Then a friend of mine etched his picture into a piece of granite that I had to use as a headstone.It makes for a nice little shrine. smile.gif
RIP Alfredo

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 14 2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry man, always tough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 14 2013, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
sorry about your cat. I feel for you!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2013, 11:35 PM
Instructor
I'm so sorry of this man. sad.gif

RIP Alfredo.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 17 2013, 04:18 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm sorry to hear that. We are possibly looking at putting ours down because she is sick that she won't eat or drink much at all. sad.gif She's not getting any better.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 17 2013, 07:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry mate sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2013, 03:56 AM
Very sorry to hear this sad.gif Losing a pet can like losing a family member IMHO. Pets are people too as they say. Flags at half mast today. sad.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 14 2013, 08:04 AM) *
...didn't see it coming at all, though he had been meowing a bit much lately and whining on the toilet. I came home after 2 days away and he had blood all over his reproduction parts. Took him to the vet, turns out he had some massive kidney problems, also teeth problems... they might have fixed it all, but it would have been £1200 and months of pain to the cat perhaps, and maybe not even bettering it as the kidney stones might have stopped his urinal ways again. Such a tough decision. Worst in my life. In tears... naffing hell.

RIP Alfredo.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2013, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Sorry about that man... When I got home today, my dogs were all over me with joy and now I realize how much I love them, when I put myself in the possible scenario of losing them... Sorry you had to go through this so I could say thanks...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:19 AM